Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old September 10 2013, 08:24 AM   #16
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.
Re: Robert Picardo Apperication Thread

Well I got some negs about Spiner, suffice to say he put me off so much I didn't bother with an autograph.

LOVED Picardo, he came out on stage, set down some speakers and launched into his "Tuvok I understand.." song. It was gold. And he was funny and kind and nice and lovely when we had photos.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2013, 01:37 PM   #17
KaraBear
Captain

Lighthammer wrote: View Post
Sirtis I've seen a lot on conventions. For some reason her and Dorn always seemed to find time to go East Coast conventions so they showed up a lot at them. Both were always fun. I've seen each at no less then 4 conventions a piece.

Brent Spiner is one I feel like I had the privilege of seeing on stage. He did a stand up comedy routine that I remember had everyone roaring, but I was far too young to remember anything else about it. He was EASILY the funnest actor I've gotten to see at a convention.
yes, I've seen him a few times and it always seems like he's mainly going for a laugh. He'll tell a joke rather than answer a question, but it's still very fun

the BEST is when he's at a convention that Patrick Stewart is at. When Sir Stewart is on stage, Brent will sneak onto the question line and when it gets to him he uses this nasal voice and acts like someone asking rediculous questions, so funny!
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2013, 04:47 PM   #18
Kathy Kringle
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kathy Kringle

teacake wrote: View Post
Well I got some negs about Spiner, suffice to say he put me off so much I didn't bother with an autograph.

LOVED Picardo, he came out on stage, set down some speakers and launched into his "Tuvok I understand.." song. It was gold. And he was funny and kind and nice and lovely when we had photos.
HAHA HE SANG THE SONG? That's great!

And yeah I have never...ever...heard anyone say that they met him and that he wasn't awesome. Everyone always agrees he is great.

Dead Lazlo's Place
Kathy Kringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2013, 05:03 PM   #19
Lighthammer
Fleet Captain

Huh, what negative things did you hear about Spiner? He's always one I've heard from others as a must see at conventions.

Many of the Trek actors are neat to see, but few actually garner that "Must see" because of sheer awesomeness in their presentation. I certainly think everything I've heard about Picardo makes me think he's a must see on stage (especially the conventions I've seen him at on Youtube).

Most the other actors? They get into some really interesting stories about happenings behind the scenes, but they don't entertain at the level of Picardo or Spiner. With some of the antics Wil Wheaton has been involved in lately (IE Denver Comic Con and the Flash Mob Dr. Who Incident), its almost hard to want to miss a convention he's attending too.

There's probably others who fit into that category, but none spring to mind.

LeVar Burton I will say is always a great convention to take kids to. He goes way out of his way to do something special for the kids.

Frakes is a better conversationalist by a long stretch. Conventions just never do him justice. One summer back around the time I was going into college (around 2000), he conducted a 3 day seminar at PSU (his almatar) discussing the future of science. That was a fun, fun, fun event and not terribly expensive either, especially for what you got. Though Star Trek wasn't the main topic, it came up a lot, but only in the nerdiest ways possible and it was great =). He talked a lot about how Star Trek tried to act as a bridge for modern science and education and where some of the theories came from.
Old September 12 2013, 06:02 PM   #20
KaraBear
Captain

Lighthammer wrote: View Post

Huh, what negative things did you hear about Spiner? He's always one I've heard from others as a must see at conventions.

Many of the Trek actors are neat to see, but few actually garner that "Must see" because of sheer awesomeness in their presentation. I certainly think everything I've heard about Picardo makes me think he's a must see on stage (especially the conventions I've seen him at on Youtube).

Most the other actors? They get into some really interesting stories about happenings behind the scenes, but they don't entertain at the level of Picardo or Spiner. With some of the antics Wil Wheaton has been involved in lately (IE Denver Comic Con and the Flash Mob Dr. Who Incident), its almost hard to want to miss a convention he's attending too.

There's probably others who fit into that category, but none spring to mind.

LeVar Burton I will say is always a great convention to take kids to. He goes way out of his way to do something special for the kids.

Frakes is a better conversationalist by a long stretch. Conventions just never do him justice. One summer back around the time I was going into college (around 2000), he conducted a 3 day seminar at PSU (his almatar) discussing the future of science. That was a fun, fun, fun event and not terribly expensive either, especially for what you got. Though Star Trek wasn't the main topic, it came up a lot, but only in the nerdiest ways possible and it was great =). He talked a lot about how Star Trek tried to act as a bridge for modern science and education and where some of the theories came from.
There are a few actors that on their own are not that great, Avery Brooks I never cared for on stage, and Cirroc Lofton was pretty bad. Not a huge fan of Chase Masterson on stage either. The one time I saw Beltran on stage I didn't care for him, he was pretty insulting to the show and even to the fans. The abslute worst person on stage that I ever saw was Jennifer Lien. Cons won't even bok her for stage time any more. She sat very quietly an barely gave one or two word answers to quesions.

I was very pleasantly surpised by....drawing a blank on the name, but NOG. He was the last guy on stage at one con and we were thinking about skipping him and getting a start on our 6 hour drive home, but we decided to stay and watch him and he was GREAT! funny, lively and very entertaining
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote