Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old September 10 2013, 02:47 AM   #61
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

What I have noticed is just how much of a difference Alfred Morris made to RG3's season last year. If he struggles the Skins are going to struggle as well. It would also help if Griffin would plant his feet when he throws.

That being said after watching the first week it will be a miracle if Romo, Vick, and Griffin play 16 games without injury. Those guys are taking a beating out there.
Old September 10 2013, 07:43 AM   #62
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

I gotta say... nobody blows a big lead quite like the Chargers do. They have a very special talent in San Diego.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Old September 10 2013, 02:16 PM   #63
Spider
Dirty Old Man

I'm rather disappointed the Texans let the Chargers run up the score like that. I thought our defense was better. But, a win is a win, so I'll take it. Next week the Titans come to Houston so maybe our defense will play two halves instead of just one.

spider's new motto: So many Lounge bars, so little time. - DAK

At my age you take what you can get. Or invent. - Mallory
Old September 10 2013, 03:27 PM   #64
Pingfah
Admiral

The Ravens game was a nightmare. We were thrashed, we would have been even more thrashed if Broncos weren't literally throwing touchdowns away. For a moment it looked like we might stage a comeback there, but they got right back on the bike and thoroughly destroyed us.

There's been a lot of talk about how the new defence might even be better than the old one, which we have lost several really big players from in the last 2 years, but it wasn't showing on Thursday.
Old September 10 2013, 05:05 PM   #65
feek61
Captain

feek61 wrote: View Post
I'm not that excited. To start with; our team's uniforms have been voted the worst in the history of the NFL . . . this season is not starting off so good! Normally the uniform look has been the best thing about out team; now we have nothing!!
It was just as I suspected: we suck!! We played the worst team in the league from last year (by way of the draft criteria) The Chiefs; and they smoked us. We looked so bad that not only do we have the worst uniforms in the history of the NFL; we may have played the worst game ever in the history of the NFL . . . oh yeah, our quarterback got hurt too and is out, lol.
Old September 10 2013, 05:29 PM   #66
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Never change, Philip Rivers, never change.
Old September 10 2013, 05:41 PM   #67
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

Sheep wrote: View Post
Tonight we've secretly replaced the Washington Redskins with a bunch of blind amputees with one leg and a bad case of the runs. Let's see if the Philadelphia Eagles and the DC crowd notice.

Accurate.
Old September 10 2013, 10:04 PM   #68
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Kira's Mom wrote: View Post
Tonight we've secretly replaced the Washington Redskins with a bunch of blind amputees with one leg and a bad case of the runs. Let's see if the Philadelphia Eagles and the DC crowd notice.
Accurate.
Credit where credit's due--they did wake up in the second half and RG3 shook off the rust, but it was too little, too late. But Shanahan knows best by not playing RG3 at all in the preseason, right? That sure paid off.
Old September 11 2013, 12:28 AM   #69
Danny99
Vice Admiral

I caught the first Eagles possession while I was at the gym and I was impressed. If they can play like that (minus the incomplete pass into a defensive touchdown part), they will be a hard team to play.

I think the Lions have grown to a point where a coach like Schwartz, who makes a lot of those mistakes himself, can be replaced by a veteran who can be a little tougher on them.
Old September 11 2013, 12:53 AM   #70
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Kira's Mom wrote: View Post
Accurate.
Credit where credit's due--they did wake up in the second half and RG3 shook off the rust, but it was too little, too late. But Shanahan knows best by not playing RG3 at all in the preseason, right? That sure paid off.
I can't blame Shanny for being a little cautious. RG3's recovery time made Peterson look like he was out forever. And, the Redskins basically traded their foreseeable future to get RG3. After that playoff game, if Shanny rushed him too much and he was hurt in any serious way, it would be his head.

Old September 11 2013, 03:59 PM   #71
tighr
Commodore

As a Fantasy Football owner, I'm disappointed in the way the Browns used Trent Richardson in their first game. Here's a guy who is literally your only good skill position player on your team, and you essentially abandon the prospects of feeding him the ball in the second half? There must be an explanation for that oversight on the part of the Brown's coaching staff.
Old September 12 2013, 03:56 AM   #72
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

BTW, I wanted to post a good analysis of that one crazy Eagles formation

Yeah, that one:

And that's the beauty of Chip Kelly's offense. Yes, he runs some drastic formations that -- in this case -- have probably never been run in the NFL before. But they're not trick plays, or gadgets that are easy to plan against once you've seen them.

These are classic spread offense plays that force you to make a difficult choice, and punish whichever choice you make. I'm guessing that Jim Haslett did see that play. He probably schemed it, and practiced his team against it. They saw it coming, and just couldn't stop it.
Old September 12 2013, 05:58 AM   #73
tighr
Commodore

We played against that formation in high school. The key is knowing who is eligible, where the offense can run, and what the blocking schemes are for the quick pass. If you're unbalanced at all, the QB will exploit it.
Old September 12 2013, 03:02 PM   #74
Scout101
Admiral

And if the QB doesn't get the ball off IMMEDIATELY, he's going to get murdered by the 2 unblocked DLs...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old September 12 2013, 03:41 PM   #75
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
And if the QB doesn't get the ball off IMMEDIATELY, he's going to get murdered by the 2 unblocked DLs...
And this is different from any other play the Eagles have ran the last few years... how?

Closed Thread