Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old September 8 2013, 01:43 AM   #3571
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

I've never seen any of the Hot Wheels Trek stuff in stores...even comic book stores. I bought the Enterprise-D from the 09 movie wave on Entertainment Earth, and the only place they seem available is online right now. Amazon still has them available for under 14 bucks. Including the "Imagination" JJ Enterprise.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 02:39 AM   #3572
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile

I called my friend at his toy shop before he closed earlier today and asked if he had seen or knows somebody who has Hot Wheels die-casts, specifically ones like the Enterprise, other Trek ships and the classic Adam West Batmobile. He gets die-casts such as Hot Wheels and Matchbox from time to time but most of his toys are of the plastic doll and action figure variety. He did say he'd let me know if any of those ships happen to show up through a customer selling or making a trade or he himself spots them in some store.
Old September 9 2013, 03:47 PM   #3573
AstroSmurf
Vice Admiral

I finally received my Moebius preassembled Battlestar Galactica last Friday. She is stunning. We are talking about fourteen inches long and a lot of gorgeous surface detail. They even included the windows on the starboard landing bay. Check it out...

And a close up of the surface...

My order of the six inch first wave Star Wars Black Series figures will be here on Wednesday. Expect more pictures!

“Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.” ~ The Doctor
AstroSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2013, 05:39 PM   #3574
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Very, very nice!
Old September 9 2013, 06:05 PM   #3575
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Wow, that's just beautiful. An incredible amount of detail.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2013, 09:16 PM   #3576
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

That is a thing of beauty. I am insanely jealous.
Old September 9 2013, 09:18 PM   #3577
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

New, loose pics of Wave 2 of the Black Series (Mara, etc.) are now up over at Jedi Temple Archives and I have to say - the eyebrows on that sample of Mara Jade do not look good at all. I'm not as up in arms about her " '80's heavy metal/mall hair" as some seem to be, but those eyebrows are about as subtle as Lloyd Bridges or even Joe Pesci in the film JFK.

Yikes. I hope this is just this one copy and they're not all sporting these.
Old September 9 2013, 09:50 PM   #3578
AstroSmurf
Vice Admiral

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Very, very nice!
Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Wow, that's just beautiful. An incredible amount of detail.
OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
That is a thing of beauty. I am insanely jealous.
I know! To be honest, I opened the box and almost crapped my pants when I pulled it out of its outer sleeve. I just stood there staring at it with my mouth hanging open like I was missing a couple of chromosomes. The Viper and the Cylon Raider were nice but marginally detailed so I expected about the same. (I had to rough them up myself.) But the Galactica is just ten times better in every way and worth every penny I spent.

“Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.” ~ The Doctor
AstroSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10 2013, 08:09 PM   #3579
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I picked up my Blu-ray of Star Trek Into Darkness today. Of particular interest to us in this thread is the Wal-Mart exclusive version. Not only does it include a really cool steelbook case, but it includes a Hot Wheels model of USS Vengeance:

As far as I can tell, the saucer is die-cast while the rest is plastic. The nacelles are not as detailed as the rest of the model, which is disappointing. It's a really nice extra, though, especially considering how difficult the Hot Wheels Trek stuff has been to find for most people.
Old September 10 2013, 08:12 PM   #3580
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

I haven't gotten around to picking up my own copy of the film, but might before the end of the night. I wasn't the biggest fan of the design of the Vengeance, but the ship model included with the discs looks kinda nice.

And you couldn't be more right: the distribution of the Hot Wheels Trek ships has been laughably bad.
Old September 10 2013, 08:21 PM   #3581
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Since this is the exact same item as the regular retail release of the Vengeance, anyone looking to grab it should seriously consider this. Vengeance is already going for over $30 on ebay, and for that price you can get the ship and a Blu-ray. Quite the bargain, if you ask me.
Old September 12 2013, 03:08 AM   #3582
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

My local Toys "R" Us has resorted to putting staples in some of its 3.75" Black Series packaging to keep the bubbles and figures from falling off. And they're not tiny, subtle staples either.

Hasbro, correct this factory packaging problem before the entire line winds up as the retail action figure equivalent of a sugar sculpture in a rainstorm.
Old September 12 2013, 09:02 PM   #3583
I Am The Walrus
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I Am The Walrus Send a message via Yahoo to I Am The Walrus

picked up several things the past couple weeks. SH Figuarts Kamen Rider V3 and Kamen Rider W.

Soul of Chogokin Battle Fever Robo. this is the first one of these i've bought. its pretty amazing. though, there are so many accessories it's almost overwhelming.

I Am The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2013, 10:46 PM   #3584
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Some of the new Amazon-exclusive TIE Interceptors (retro Vintage Collection packaging) are arriving with damage issues, including crushed boxes and knife gashes and cuts in the sides of the packaging from where they were hastily prepared for shipping to customers. It doesn't seem to be as widespread nor as bad as what's been happening to many of the Vintage Collection Slave I's (also an Amazon exclusive), but it's generated some annoyance and eyerolls nonetheless.

Keep an eye open for yours if you ordered it.
Old September 14 2013, 11:03 PM   #3585
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
knife gashes and cuts in the sides of the packaging
All the TIEs in my local Toysrus have this problem. Not that I was ever going to buy it considering it's £50 here...
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote