RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,128
Posts: 5,433,494
Members: 24,933
Currently online: 614
Newest member: karanfree

TrekToday headlines

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 6 2013, 05:33 PM   #1
austen_pierce
Captain
 
austen_pierce's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

Soooo, soon after Enterprise E arrives at the Bak'u world, the crew begins to rejuvenate. Picard grows dark stubble, Worf gets a zit, Geordi gets new eyes, and Troi/Crusher get... well... firmer.

Why doesn't this happen to Admiral Dougherty? Or to the Sona for that matter? They've been there weeks, perhaps months longer than Enterprise.
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Elvira
Vice Admiral
 
Elvira's Avatar
 
Location: t'girl
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

In the case of Admiral Doughterty, it likely did, I think that is what was behind his comment to Picard that Picard looked "rested."

With the Sona, while they too likely felt slightly better, they were so far gone that the effects of just recieving normal exposure to the radiation was next to nothing.

Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 09:31 PM   #3
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
Soooo, soon after Enterprise E arrives at the Bak'u world, the crew begins to rejuvenate. Picard grows dark stubble, Worf gets a zit, Geordi gets new eyes, and Troi/Crusher get... well... firmer.

Why doesn't this happen to Admiral Dougherty? Or to the Sona for that matter? They've been there weeks, perhaps months longer than Enterprise.
They state in the film that it takes more time to repair the damage the older you get.

And besides, who knows how old Dougherty appeared before he entered the Briar Patch?
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 10:40 PM   #4
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man
 
Rainbow Dash's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's House
Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
austen_pierce wrote: View Post
Soooo, soon after Enterprise E arrives at the Bak'u world, the crew begins to rejuvenate. Picard grows dark stubble, Worf gets a zit, Geordi gets new eyes, and Troi/Crusher get... well... firmer.

Why doesn't this happen to Admiral Dougherty? Or to the Sona for that matter? They've been there weeks, perhaps months longer than Enterprise.
They state in the film that it takes more time to repair the damage the older you get.

And besides, who knows how old Dougherty appeared before he entered the Briar Patch?
__________________

"...if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn't have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social ‘yak yaks.'" - Temple Grandin
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 11:08 PM   #5
austen_pierce
Captain
 
austen_pierce's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

^^^Awesome.

I don't know though. I can accept that the Sona are so far gone, they can't wait for the normal effects. But Dougherty I still think should have shown some signs of reversal as the film progressed. Maybe just gradually darkened his hair?
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 12:07 AM   #6
jpv2000
Captain
 
jpv2000's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, United States
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
^^^Awesome.
Indeed.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 03:48 PM   #7
Mutoid
Fleet Captain
 
Mutoid's Avatar
 
Location: CommishSleer
View Mutoid's Twitter Profile
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

Didn't they mention only 'good' people receive the effects of the Briar Patch, those whose hearts are pure like the Baku and the Enterprise crew.

That makes about as much sense as anything else.
Mutoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 08:09 PM   #8
Elvira
Vice Admiral
 
Elvira's Avatar
 
Location: t'girl
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
They state in the film that it takes more time to repair the damage the older you get.
I don't remember that.

Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 09:13 PM   #9
Hober Mallow
Commodore
 
Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
^^^Awesome.

I don't know though. I can accept that the Sona are so far gone, they can't wait for the normal effects. But Dougherty I still think should have shown some signs of reversal as the film progressed. Maybe just gradually darkened his hair?
Well, he did get a face-lift.
__________________
"Beep... beep!" --Captain Pike
Hober Mallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 02:36 AM   #10
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

Maybe they need to be on the planet's surface, outside the observation lab, to be affected? I don't recall if that's consistent with what we do see...
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 01:43 PM   #11
austen_pierce
Captain
 
austen_pierce's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
austen_pierce wrote: View Post
^^^Awesome.

I don't know though. I can accept that the Sona are so far gone, they can't wait for the normal effects. But Dougherty I still think should have shown some signs of reversal as the film progressed. Maybe just gradually darkened his hair?
Well, he did get a face-lift.
Muhahahahahaaaaa!!!!
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 11:43 PM   #12
Elvira
Vice Admiral
 
Elvira's Avatar
 
Location: t'girl
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

Gaith wrote: View Post
Maybe they need to be on the planet's surface, outside the observation lab, to be affected? I don't recall if that's consistent with what we do see...
The crew of the Enterprise E start to show some signs of improvement as soon as the ship enters the Briar Patch.

Elvira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2013, 12:34 AM   #13
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

Well, don't look at me, I didn't write the script.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2013, 05:58 PM   #14
jpv2000
Captain
 
jpv2000's Avatar
 
Location: Georgia, United States
Re: Insurrection: Reverse Aging?

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Gaith wrote: View Post
Maybe they need to be on the planet's surface, outside the observation lab, to be affected? I don't recall if that's consistent with what we do see...
The crew of the Enterprise E start to show some signs of improvement as soon as the ship enters the Briar Patch.
Excellent point.
jpv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.