RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,722
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 791
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 3 2013, 01:49 AM   #1021
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Yeah, CCH Pounder pretty much owned that role straight out of the gate. I was to the extent that I can't think of anyone else in the role. Just like Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill are the first actors I think of for Batman & Joker. Quite impressive really considering how she only ever appeared in a handful of episodes (plus one animated movie?)
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 01:51 AM   #1022
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Surely she's been there, done that?
She plays Mrs. Frederic on Warehouse 13 and it's kinda/sorta the same type of character.
Old September 3 2013, 02:12 AM   #1023
JD
Admiral

I didn't really CCH Pounder has played Waller. So it turns out my two top picks, CCH Pounder and Pam Grier, have already played her.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 10:17 PM   #1024
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I didn't really CCH Pounder has played Waller. So it turns out my two top picks, CCH Pounder and Pam Grier, have already played her.
Way to be original!

I wanted Pounder on Smallville at the time. And, as it turned out, didn't think Grier was all that good.
Old September 3 2013, 11:13 PM   #1025
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Yay! the CBS/TWC feud is over!
Old September 4 2013, 03:41 AM   #1026
JD
Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Way to be original!

I wanted Pounder on Smallville at the time. And, as it turned out, didn't think Grier was all that good.
I was thinking of it more as great minds thinking alike.
Old September 4 2013, 09:17 PM   #1027
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Cynthia Addai-Robinson cast as Amanda Waller
Old September 4 2013, 09:18 PM   #1028
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Old September 4 2013, 09:31 PM   #1029
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

So, they went 20-somthing, instead of 50+ ?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2013, 01:44 AM   #1030
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

I wonder if they're planning to off Thea or at least make her recurring if she wasn't already...you hardly ever see the actress in all the promos they've been doing and the SDCC pub.
Old September 5 2013, 10:55 PM   #1031
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I think Addai-Robinson is a good choice for Waller. I really liked her on Spartacus.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2013, 11:32 PM   #1032
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Ugh. I'll give arrow the benefit of the doubt, since the only character they've changed for the worse to me is Count vertigo, but I'm definately not sold on this version of Waller. Even ignoring the fact that I think skinny Waller is not a needed change, she just doesn't look like a Waller type character (by that I mean a government agent who does the things Waller does). Honestly, she looks younger than Oliver's actor, although since her age is not listed anywhere I looked she could be older and I could just be crazy. She'll have to be written very well and be a very good actor to be a good Waller.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 03:24 AM   #1033
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Ugh. I'll give arrow the benefit of the doubt, since the only character they've changed for the worse to me is Count vertigo, but I'm definately not sold on this version of Waller. Even ignoring the fact that I think skinny Waller is not a needed change, she just doesn't look like a Waller type character (by that I mean a government agent who does the things Waller does). Honestly, she looks younger than Oliver's actor, although since her age is not listed anywhere I looked she could be older and I could just be crazy. She'll have to be written very well and be a very good actor to be a good Waller.
Will this Waller be the veteran government agent with lots of experience and pull in political circles or will she just be an agent (of ARGUS?)
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 03:39 AM   #1034
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Will this Waller be the veteran government agent with lots of experience and pull in political circles or will she just be an agent (of ARGUS?)
What about pulling in the Team 7 concept? This allows for moderately well known non-super characters, and a possible spin off to compete against Agents of Shield.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2013, 04:21 AM   #1035
JD
Admiral