RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,782
Posts: 5,434,612
Members: 24,841
Currently online: 493
Newest member: annieslc

TrekToday headlines

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

German Volkswagen Campaign Features Trek Actors
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Shatner And Nimoy In Trek 3?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

The Art of John Alvin Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Episode Four of The Red Shirt Diaries
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Star Trek: The Compendium Review
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old September 4 2013, 02:57 PM   #106
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Those of you who buy now are going to kick your own asses when they release a better edition in a couple of months.
JarodRussell is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 03:08 PM   #107
KirkusOveractus
Captain
 
KirkusOveractus's Avatar
 
Location: Ambler, PA
Send a message via AIM to KirkusOveractus
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Those of you who buy now are going to kick your own asses when they release a better edition in a couple of months.
I won't. I'll have what I wanted from the release, and that's the movie. You know, the reason for the disc in the first place?

I usually only watch the bonuses once or maybe twice. After that, I hardly ever look at them. I want the movie, I'll be getting it on the 10th, and enjoy it at home.
KirkusOveractus is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 03:14 PM   #108
Aatrek
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Those of you who buy now are going to kick your own asses when they release a better edition in a couple of months.
I highly, higly doubt that there will any kind of "combined" release in the near future.
Aatrek is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 04:37 PM   #109
imranbecks
Lieutenant Commander
 
imranbecks's Avatar
 
Location: Singapore
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

I'm still not going to cancel my pre-order for the blu ray limited edition gift set as i feel that for the price, its a good deal as it comes with a prop replica of the phaser from the movie. Getting the prop replica on its own will cost about double the retail price of the bluray.
imranbecks is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 04:49 PM   #110
Nero's Shadow
Captain
 
Nero's Shadow's Avatar
 
Location: Into Darkness !!!
Send a message via Yahoo to Nero's Shadow
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Has anyone bought the version on blu ray from the sainsburys in the UK.??? I've got the villian set from play.com but I've heard that sainsburys blu ray version has a bonus DVD disk with extras on ??
__________________
That green blooded son of a bitch !!!!
Nero's Shadow is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 05:08 PM   #111
Aatrek
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Nero's Shadow wrote: View Post
Has anyone bought the version on blu ray from the sainsburys in the UK.??? I've got the villian set from play.com but I've heard that sainsburys blu ray version has a bonus DVD disk with extras on ??
Yes, the Sainsbury's set has the extra disc. It's the same as the Target extras covered in the TrekCore review.
Aatrek is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 06:00 PM   #112
Gsam
Lieutenant
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

I looked up the disc contents right over on Sainsbury's website. They list Gag Reel as one of the extras included on the disk. I was not aware that anyone including Target had the Gag Reel.

Can anyone verify that the Target version has the Gag Reel because that is not the impression I got after reading over things?

thanks because this stuff is really confusing and quite frankly annoying and ridiculous amongst other things.
Gsam is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 06:02 PM   #113
JWPlatt
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Aatrek wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Those of you who buy now are going to kick your own asses when they release a better edition in a couple of months.
I highly, higly doubt that there will any kind of "combined" release in the near future.
...and so you continue to promulgate our powerlessness with defeatism instead of advocating a movement to pressure the studios to change their marketing cynicism. If TrekCore represents fan interests, it has the responsibility to represent all fans, both those who will buy and those who would rather effect change. Yes, even if that means you get fewer click-throughs to "Buy From Amazon" to support your site.

This is your opportunity to explain to us how we could help you do that or how to do it on our own in addition to simply not buying.
JWPlatt is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 06:20 PM   #114
Aatrek
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Gsam wrote: View Post
I looked up the disc contents right over on Sainsbury's website. They list Gag Reel as one of the extras included on the disk. I was not aware that anyone including Target had the Gag Reel.

Can anyone verify that the Target version has the Gag Reel because that is not the impression I got after reading over things?

thanks because this stuff is really confusing and quite frankly annoying and ridiculous amongst other things.
As far as I know, there is no gag reel on any disc - that's a new one to me.
Aatrek is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 06:34 PM   #115
Gsam
Lieutenant
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

I feel like I am going slowly insane. I went on Sainsbury's site a few days ago after seeing a image on tumblr that credited it from being the Sainsbury's version. I am here in the USA and went online to their site. I swear I saw gag reel because I went back several times to check it out and make sure I wasn't seeing things. '

It isn't on the list of extras now but I am sure it was a few days ago.

So my question is this in all the world with all its versions is there a gag reel?
Gsam is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 06:36 PM   #116
thumbtack
Commodore
 
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

JWPlatt wrote: View Post
Aatrek wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Those of you who buy now are going to kick your own asses when they release a better edition in a couple of months.
I highly, higly doubt that there will any kind of "combined" release in the near future.
...and so you continue to promulgate our powerlessness with defeatism instead of advocating a movement to pressure the studios to change their marketing cynicism. If TrekCore represents fan interests, it has the responsibility to represent all fans, both those who will buy and those who would rather effect change. Yes, even if that means you get fewer click-throughs to "Buy From Amazon" to support your site.

This is your opportunity to explain to us how we could help you do that or how to do it on our own in addition to simply not buying.

Well, I'm sure if all 25 of the people who post in this forum boycott, Paramount will be crippled.

The internet will never be the superweapon that lazy people want it to be.
__________________
"What went wrong!? All my sockpuppets loved this movie!" - Kevin Smith
thumbtack is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 06:38 PM   #117
Aatrek
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

Gsam wrote: View Post
I feel like I am going slowly insane. I went on Sainsbury's site a few days ago after seeing a image on tumblr that credited it from being the Sainsbury's version. I am here in the USA and went online to their site. I swear I saw gag reel because I went back several times to check it out and make sure I wasn't seeing things. '

It isn't on the list of extras now but I am sure it was a few days ago.

So my question is this in all the world with all its versions is there a gag reel?
You may be thinking of the "Safety First" feature (found on the CinemaNow/Best Buy features), where it shows the cast playing a practical joke on their co-stars.
Aatrek is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 06:49 PM   #118
Gsam
Lieutenant
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

this maybe entirely true but I have cinema now as an app on my tv because I purchased from bestbuy. So I watched that and very much enjoyed the neutron cream practical joke portion.

I guess true or not is there a bloopers or gag reel available other than neutron cream joke portion played on cumby, cho and urban?
Gsam is offline  
Old September 4 2013, 08:49 PM   #119
JWPlatt
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

thumbtack wrote: View Post
JWPlatt wrote: View Post
Aatrek wrote: View Post

I highly, higly doubt that there will any kind of "combined" release in the near future.
...and so you continue to promulgate our powerlessness with defeatism instead of advocating a movement to pressure the studios to change their marketing cynicism. If TrekCore represents fan interests, it has the responsibility to represent all fans, both those who will buy and those who would rather effect change. Yes, even if that means you get fewer click-throughs to "Buy From Amazon" to support your site.

This is your opportunity to explain to us how we could help you do that or how to do it on our own in addition to simply not buying.

Well, I'm sure if all 25 of the people who post in this forum boycott, Paramount will be crippled.

The internet will never be the superweapon that lazy people want it to be.
Yeah, I don't deny the realistic analysis. I just don't appreciate leaving out the alternatives as if there are none.
JWPlatt is offline  
Old September 5 2013, 03:14 AM   #120
Chuck Finley
Commander
 
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray Problem

So, is there a Blue ray version of this movie that gives you the most bang for your buck? I really would like to boycott this decision, but I doubt it's seriously going to matter. I'm guessing that the "whole" blue ray will not be available for at least a year or two.
Chuck Finley is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.