RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,408
Members: 24,629
Currently online: 533
Newest member: Karzak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 2 2013, 11:42 PM   #301
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Gus' laundry (or at the least the superlab beneath it) burned to the ground in the season 4 finale. Additionally it's well known to the cops after these events so there is nothing to do there.

School.. he's been fired (or suspended) from it after he made a pass at the principal which could have been constructed as sexual harrassment.

Car Wash.. well, it's a money laundry front and that could hurt Walt in the short run but they could always find another way to build up a front if everything blows over and they win.

Another possibility to get Walt good is to take Saul out of the equation. Saul has tons of contacts in the shady, criminal underworld and has bailed out Walt many times out of tough situations.
However Saul is cunning and probably has covered all his tracks and knows the system inside out. Getting him would be very difficult.

So i stand by my statement.. Walt's family is his real weak spot. Skylar not so much (maybe Jesse knows she's complicit or he at least suspects it) but Jr. only knows the official version as much as he dislikes it.

We'll see soon enough.
Old September 2 2013, 11:49 PM   #302
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I agree, I think it's going to have something to do with Walt's family--and not Hank, since Jesse's already figuratively in bed with him. He knows that Skyler knows about the business, so that leaves Walt Jr. What I don't know is if Jesse knows enough about Walt's family to realize just how much it would devastate Flynn to know his father is a criminal mastermind, drug dealer, and murderer.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 11:56 PM   #303
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
I continue to be in awe how effortlessly Walter tells ridiculous lies like they're everyday facts. And people believe him (well, Skylar didn't this time, but still).
Really? I think he put too much effort. A huge complicated story?

A real man (who was innocent and did have an alibi) would have shrugged his shoulders, grunted and went back to watching sports.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 12:29 AM   #304
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I agree, I think it's going to have something to do with Walt's family--and not Hank, since Jesse's already figuratively in bed with him. He knows that Skyler knows about the business, so that leaves Walt Jr. What I don't know is if Jesse knows enough about Walt's family to realize just how much it would devastate Flynn to know his father is a criminal mastermind, drug dealer, and murderer.
I want to think Walt Jr gets involved somehow. His line in this past episode "Why can't you tell the truth?" was telling enough, but then he has the scene with Walt by the pool, and I dunno. It just seems like Jesse could go after Walt Jr, but who knows.
Old September 3 2013, 03:13 AM   #305
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

I regretfully missed the past 2 episodes. Plan on watching them this weekend on demand. I can't help but read spoilers anyway.
Old September 3 2013, 03:29 AM   #306
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

That comment about 'Walt's other home'. He's not talking about the laundry. Jesse knows Walt's other criminal associates. Todd, Lydia. Todd'd be a rock in an interrogation, but Lydia? Jesse knows she's a coward and knows how she ships the meth to the Czech Republic.

And Hank? He's sharp enough to figure out the 'Talk or we'll put you in holding and make it look like you talked' play.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 06:00 AM   #307
davejames
Vice Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Yeah that's the problem. I don't think Jesse really knows enough (or has even been made aware) about what Junior knows or doesn't know about the situation. And since he truly IS an innocent in all this, I'm not sure Jesse could really bring himself to hurt him like that anyway.

My guess is Jesse's plan has more to do with Skyler, and with letting her in on the true scope of Walt's activities the last year and a half. The more Skyler learns, and the more pressure that's put on her, the more she might finally break and turn on Walt.

Or maybe Jesse will give Walt some kind of ultimatum-- either turn himself in, or he'll turn Lydia and her hit men against his family.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 07:41 AM   #308
Borgminister

Thought it was a bit convenient for that suspicious dad character to derail the wire, but am intrigued to see what's gonna happen. Plus it was plausible since they had Walt secretively on the phone before that. 4 more to go...
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 11:24 AM   #309
Mojochi
Commodore

Somehow, I get the impression Jesse's plan is more ingenious than we give him credit for. I don't think any of us know what's coming. He certainly had a look on his face like he out thought Heisenberg, & if anyone can do that, I'm betting it's him, this one final time
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 02:26 PM   #310
Tom
Rear Admiral

Jesse does not have the influence or probably the money anymore to turn Lydia and her men against Walter. Also Jesse probably does not know about the Czech republic thing since he was out of the business well before that happened and there was no reason for Walter to tell him.
Old September 3 2013, 02:32 PM   #311
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Mojochi wrote: View Post
Somehow, I get the impression Jesse's plan is more ingenious than we give him credit for. I don't think any of us know what's coming. He certainly had a look on his face like he out thought Heisenberg, & if anyone can do that, I'm betting it's him, this one final time
^ that

remember it was Jessie who came up with the plan to rob the train without anyone knowing and erasing the hard drive on Gus's computer with a magnet.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 03:01 PM   #312
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

That's true. Jesse is smarter than Walt gives him credit for. Walt always wants to come up with really complicated solutions to problems, whereas Jesse figures out the simple but perfect ones.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 05:05 PM   #313
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Actually, I think Jesse's threat is an empty one. He knows that Walt does not tolerate direct threats. He said so himself to Hank. This is an attempt on Jesse's behalf to force Walt into action. He's trying to smoke Heisenberg out.
Old September 3 2013, 05:37 PM   #314
J.T.B.
Commodore

^ That sounds very plausible. Walt did seem to be pretty shaken over what Jesse might do in the last episode. Either way, this episode was pivotal for Jesse. One, he snapped out of his funk and went into active mode, and two, seemed to get over his hatred for Hank. Both pretty bad developments for Walt. It was good to see Gomie brought in on things, but I still worry Hank's investigation is a little to extra-legal for its own good.
J.T.B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2013, 05:54 PM   #315
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I regretfully missed the past 2 episodes. Plan on watching them this weekend on demand. I can't help but read spoilers anyway.
Reading spoilers about Breaking Bad ahead of time is ruining the best viewing experience ever. The show is such genius. The unfolding story is riveting. Why spoil it? I had to work the past 2 nights and just watched the episode now. I stayed away from spoilers.

Walt's incredible luck has just run out.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote