Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old September 2 2013, 06:47 PM   #1
StCoop
Commodore

Matt's Final Villians Revealed.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-cont...2013-tweet.jpg

Oops!

Wonder if it's going to turn out that the Doctor still has the Cyber-Planner in his head after all?

Doing a story with chunks taking place in the Doctor's mind could open the door for appearances by the Ponds without undoing their final episodes.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Christopher
Writer

Re: Matt's Final Villians Revealed.

^Just because there's going to be a Cyberman in the finale, that doesn't mean the Cybermen will be the big bad. It could be something where multiple villain races appear, a la "The Five Doctors" or "The Pandorica Opens."

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

StCoop wrote: View Post
Oops!
I guess he won't be stunting as a Cyberman for Christmas after this.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

With Moffat it will probably be a big cameo sequence like "A Good Man goes to War"

It's all but confirmed Moffat's gang of characters( Jenny, Strax and Vastra) will be in the Christmas special.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 07:05 PM   #5
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

^ Or the Wedding Of River Song. Apparently Ian McNiece said on stage he'll be back as well.
Old September 2 2013, 07:13 PM   #6
StCoop
Commodore

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
Apparently Ian McNiece said on stage he'll be back as well.
Someone claimed he said it and he himself has said he didn't.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Lonemagpie
Writer

Yeah, just cos there are Cybes in it doesn't mean they'll be the main villains - but I kind of hope they are, simply because they were introduced in the last story of the First Doctor, and it is the 50th anniversary year...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 07:52 PM   #8
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Yeah, just cos there are Cybes in it doesn't mean they'll be the main villains - but I kind of hope they are, simply because they were introduced in the last story of the First Doctor, and it is the 50th anniversary year...
I'd rather see the Daleks at Christmas. This is their fiftieth anniversary as well, with their anniversary falling within a week of Christmas.

Admittedly, it would be difficult to do something festive when Daleks are going around exterminating everything, but art thrives on challenges.

allyngibson.net
Old September 2 2013, 07:55 PM   #9
Bacl
Fleet Captain

Christopher wrote: View Post
^Just because there's going to be a Cyberman in the finale, that doesn't mean the Cybermen will be the big bad. It could be something where multiple villain races appear, a la "The Five Doctors" or "The Pandorica Opens."
Yeah, exactly. This just means another pointless and already overdone "Everybody shows up like a bunch of action figures in a blender" scene that ends up signifying nothing.
Old September 2 2013, 08:29 PM   #10
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Admittedly, it would be difficult to do something festive when Daleks are going around exterminating everything, but art thrives on challenges.

It never stopped Russell T Davies from having killer Christmas tree and robot Santa.

Moffat is different. Christmas is fairytale time. He also doesn't rely on going back to modern day london for the Christmas special either

With that said we'll probably get killer reindeers
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 09:58 PM   #11
Lonemagpie
Writer

I'd rather see the Daleks at Christmas. This is their fiftieth anniversary as well, with their anniversary falling within a week of Christmas.
Yeah, I said that about them being in the 50th...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 10:33 PM   #12
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I said that about them being in the 50th...
Yeah, but I think there has to be Daleks in the 50th. For one thing, they're the iconic villain. For the other thing, like Moffat could pass up the opportunity to do Daleks in 3-D.

There's nothing that says we can't have both. And for all we know, the Daleks are just a small part of the anniversary special.

allyngibson.net