RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,682
Members: 24,205
Currently online: 800
Newest member: JMSmith97

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 17 2013, 04:23 AM   #841
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

JoAnna Garcia Swisher to Make a Splash as Ariel
Old August 17 2013, 04:39 AM   #842
JD
Admiral

Cool.
For anyone who is interested in rewatching Season 2, Netflix will be adding it to their streaming service on the 30th.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2013, 04:47 AM   #843
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
For anyone who is interested in rewatching Season 2, Netflix will be adding it to their streaming service on the 30th.
Awesome.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2013, 06:15 PM   #844
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Season 3 split season schedule announced:

tvline

Premieres: Sunday, Sept. 29, with 11 in a row* (in large part set in Neverland)
Returns from Winter Hiatus: March 9 (the first Sunday after ABC’s Oscars telecast), with 11 in a row
I think that this is a good idea. I hate when a show is off for a month or so then they air just 2 or 3 episodes followed by another month of reruns. This way you know when it airs and when it doesn't.
Old August 29 2013, 06:22 PM   #845
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Yup, I like that. Much better than HBO's (and other higher-tier channels') model of 10-13 episodes per year - and that's it...
Old August 29 2013, 10:31 PM   #846
Snick27
Captain

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post

tvline

Returns from Winter Hiatus: March 9 (the first Sunday after ABC’s Oscars telecast), with 11 in a row
I think that this is a good idea. I hate when a show is off for a month or so then they air just 2 or 3 episodes followed by another month of reruns. This way you know when it airs and when it doesn't.
Really hate that schedule. Last show is on Dec 8th and then not back on till 3 months later? Just show the dam thing starting in January. Why I really hate network tv and why I watch so little tv now a days. Usually now I just wait for the season to be over and then download the whole season and watch them when I want.
Old August 30 2013, 01:36 AM   #847
JD
Admiral

tvline

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Yup, I like that. Much better than HBO's (and other higher-tier channels') model of 10-13 episodes per year - and that's it...
I like that too. I hate it when they only show a few episodes then a bunch of repeats and then a few new ones and then a bunch of repeats over and over again for the whole season. At least this way while it's on, it's on every week.
Old August 30 2013, 07:47 AM   #848
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Snick27 wrote: View Post

tvline

Really hate that schedule. Last show is on Dec 8th and then not back on till 3 months later? Just show the dam thing starting in January. Why I really hate network tv and why I watch so little tv now a days. Usually now I just wait for the season to be over and then download the whole season and watch them when I want.
You'd have to convince the Academy to change the schedule of their awards show, one of THE most watched shows on the PLANET.

It's much easier to work around THEIR schedule...fans will stick around , just like we survive the summer break. Having each sub-season in a row helps keep viewers.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 05:27 PM   #849
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Academy Awards only takes place on one night. Not really sure how that causes a show to be off the air for 3 months.
Old August 31 2013, 02:08 AM   #850
JD
Admiral

Season 2 is on Netflix now. I watched the first couple episodes earlier today.
Old September 1 2013, 07:41 PM   #851
Morpheus 02
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Academy Awards only takes place on one night. Not really sure how that causes a show to be off the air for 3 months.
But the night it takes place is the end of February (which i do NOT think is very changeable)....makes it hard to schedule an entire season of uninterrupted episodes.

While that one interruption probably wouldn't be a big deal...the way ratings are nowadays, any little drop is harmful, at least for the big networks.

So we have the Fall Semester & Spring Semester schedule, which works just fine for me.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 09:37 PM   #852
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Um, how would not airing one night cause a larger drop in ratings than a 3 month gap?
Old September 2 2013, 04:38 AM   #853
Snick27
Captain

Um, how would not airing one night cause a larger drop in ratings than a 3 month gap?

The problem is from Jan to March many of us find other shows to watch and get into them so when Once Upon a time come back on we forget about it or so into the other shows we are watching that we just DVR them or in my case Download them later.

And time 3 months comes around I forget about what happened already.

I know a lot of shows are doing this, and they wonder why shows get cancelled.
Old September 2 2013, 08:15 AM   #854
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post

The problem is from Jan to March many of us find other shows to watch and get into them so when Once Upon a time come back on we forget about it or so into the other shows we are watching that we just DVR them or in my case Download them later.

And time 3 months comes around I forget about what happened already.

I know a lot of shows are doing this, and they wonder why shows get cancelled.
Yeah, that's the point I was making.
Old September 2 2013, 09:52 AM   #855
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

It's even worse for shows with short seasons and seven- or eight-month gaps between them. I can't believe that's good for ratings. At least OUAT has a "full" season.