RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,805
Posts: 5,326,122
Members: 24,549
Currently online: 627
Newest member: kania

TrekToday headlines

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 31 2013, 05:50 PM   #16
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: House of Kang, now with ridges
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Set Harth wrote: View Post
austen_pierce wrote: View Post
I think AE has potential as an actress.
I prefer actors to have actualized their potential by the time the cameras start rolling.
You'll never make it in Hollywood.
__________________
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 06:37 PM   #17
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
MARCUS/MCCOY.

Shut up.
Now there is a twist to the nu-timeline.

We all expect Carol to end up with kirk and then we find her getting it on with Bones.

Poor David...
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 07:54 PM   #18
YellowSubmarine
Commodore
 
YellowSubmarine's Avatar
 
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Poor David...
That kind of irrational support for some non-existing David from an alternative timeline means that Nina McCoy would never have been born. She won't be happy to hear you dismiss her like this.
__________________
R.I.P. Cadet James T. Kirk (-1651)
YellowSubmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 08:42 PM   #19
serenitytrek1
Commander
 
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Maybe he will look like david but he wont be david.

NO guys, I don't think it would happen. I just cant imagine this Bones having a child. maybe kirk will father David, it would tame him a bit.



David would not like his father having three ways with cat women.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 09:02 PM   #20
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
David would not like his father having three ways with cat women.
Why not? Is he a dog person?
__________________

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 09:04 PM   #21
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: House of Kang, now with ridges
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Maybe he will look like david but he wont be david.

NO guys, I don't think it would happen. I just cant imagine this Bones having a child. maybe kirk will father David, it would tame him a bit.



David would not like his father having three ways with cat women.
Most kids don't like to think about their fathers having sex, even with their mothers.
__________________
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 09:28 PM   #22
austen_pierce
Commander
 
austen_pierce's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

NOT bringing Alice Eve back in the next film will leave us all scratching our heads as to why they introduced her in this movie. Would we be left to assume that something meaningful had happened off screen and then have David appear mysteriously in some future outing. Actually, I hope they DON'T introduce David. Not even fans liked him.

Last edited by austen_pierce; August 31 2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Spelling error
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 05:59 AM   #23
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Well, he was kind of a dick. But there''s no reason why the alternate version has to be like the prime version of David.
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 06:39 AM   #24
Lance
Fleet Captain
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Location: The Enterprise's Restroom
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

NuTrek's dumbass obsession with recapturing the magic of TWOK needs to stop. For this reason I wouldn't be bothered if Carol Marcus is put on a bus and doesn't return. Give us some new characters and new situatuations. And, maybe, y'know, boldly go where TWOK has not already gone before?
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 07:03 AM   #25
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Lance wrote: View Post
NuTrek's dumbass obsession with recapturing the magic of TWOK needs to stop.
"NuTreks's obsession"? Hm.

From the very week the first movie opened in May 2009, the one question Abrams/Orci/Kurtzman could count on hearing every single time they turned around—from every single interviewer, entertainment-mag writer, or Trek-zine reporter—was this:

"You guys are going to do Khan next, right?"

And if you go back to threads in this forum from the same time period, which discussed what should happen/who should be seen in the next movie, Khan was at the top of the list for a heck of a lot of people. Sure, the Bad Robot crew could have done a different story, even one with no callbacks to TWoK and no Khan at all—I could have been quite happy if they'd gone that route instead—but I think chalking up what we did get to any obsession on the part of the filmmakers is probably overstating things a bit.
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 07:25 AM   #26
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
We all expect Carol to end up with kirk and then we find her getting it on with Bones.
Issue #1 of IDW's "Ongoing" comic suggested a past relationship between this timeline's McCoy and Elizabeth Dehner. No wonder McCoy was so attracted to Carol in STiD. Look how she wore her hair!

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Well, he was kind of a dick. But there''s no reason why the alternate version has to be like the prime version of David.
Hard to be a dick when you're not even born yet.
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 07:39 AM   #27
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore
 
Bry_Sinclair's Avatar
 
Location: Along the border of Talarian space
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

DalekJim wrote: View Post
She was a lot less annoying than Uhura in the movie
The lovechild of Wesley and Neelix would be less annoying than NuUhura.
__________________
Avatar: Captain Susanna Leijten, U.S.S. Silverfin NCC-4470, Border Service Third Cutter Squadron
Manip by: FltCpt. Bossco (STPMA)
Bry_Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 07:55 AM   #28
Lance
Fleet Captain
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Location: The Enterprise's Restroom
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Lance wrote: View Post
NuTrek's dumbass obsession with recapturing the magic of TWOK needs to stop.
"NuTreks's obsession"? Hm.

From the very week the first movie opened in May 2009, the one question Abrams/Orci/Kurtzman could count on hearing every single time they turned around—from every single interviewer, entertainment-mag writer, or Trek-zine reporter—was this:


"You guys are going to do Khan next, right?"


And if you go back to threads in this forum from the same time period, which discussed what should happen/who should be seen in the next movie, Khan was at the top of the list for a heck of a lot of people. Sure, the Bad Robot crew could have done a different story, even one with no callbacks to TWoK and no Khan at all—I could have been quite happy if they'd gone that route instead—but I think chalking up what we did get to any obsession on the part of the filmmakers is probably overstating things a bit.
I count the 2009 movie in my description. It didn't do it nearly as much as STID did, but the callbacks were there... they were much more subtle in the 2009 movie though and therefore more palatable. I liked it.

STID was in the holding pattern of TWOK from start to end. Having Khan as the villain was always going to do that, but tbh I found some of the other stuff just overegged the pudding. Carol Marcus included. They could have done a much more subtle homage to Khan without ripping quite so many dispariate elements from it.

In my view NuTrek (collectively) desperately needs to break away from it's TWOK obsession. It needs to give these new versions of the characters their chance to shine in a completely new story that isn't going to be (unfairly) compared to the movie series' inarguable goal post. The involvement of Carol Marcus in the plot would to me be an unfortunate indication that they are unwilling to break the leash from TWOK.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 01:01 AM   #29
FarStrider
Commander
 
FarStrider's Avatar
 
Send a message via Yahoo to FarStrider
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Lance wrote: View Post
NuTrek's dumbass obsession with recapturing the magic of TWOK needs to stop.
"NuTreks's obsession"? Hm.

From the very week the first movie opened in May 2009, the one question Abrams/Orci/Kurtzman could count on hearing every single time they turned around—from every single interviewer, entertainment-mag writer, or Trek-zine reporter—was this:

"You guys are going to do Khan next, right?"

And if you go back to threads in this forum from the same time period, which discussed what should happen/who should be seen in the next movie, Khan was at the top of the list for a heck of a lot of people. Sure, the Bad Robot crew could have done a different story, even one with no callbacks to TWoK and no Khan at all—I could have been quite happy if they'd gone that route instead—but I think chalking up what we did get to any obsession on the part of the filmmakers is probably overstating things a bit.

OMFG!!!!!WTF&BBQ!!!!!111!!!!!one thank you. . . Thank you! Thank You!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Holy crap, it is like no one ever remembers this not so little fact. The Bad Robot peeps couldn't swing a dead cat without someone asking them about Khan. Is it any wonder that was what we got?? It is really annoying that some people want to pretend otherwise.

If Carol does return for movie 3, I'm planting my shipper flag with Kruzerman. . . McCoy/Marcus!! Let Kirk be married to the Enterprise and Spock and McCoy have lives outside of being his Tinman and Scarecrow-- oh I'm sorry "heart" and "brain". Since people keep claiming that they want something different and original. . .

~FS
__________________
"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style. . . "

Last edited by FarStrider; September 2 2013 at 05:39 AM.
FarStrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2013, 02:55 AM   #30
austen_pierce
Commander
 
austen_pierce's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Re: thoughts on alice eve returning as carol marcus

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Well, he was kind of a dick. But there''s no reason why the alternate version has to be like the prime version of David.
This is my favorite post of the day.

As for rehashing TWOK, given that we're probably not coming back, I would have liked to see or hear AE's Carol Marcus give Genesis a nod.
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.