Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 31 2013, 07:03 PM   #1066
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Any bets on how long Bruce Wayne takes to figure out exactly who Clarke Kent really is? And vice versa?

Probably depends on who meets who first, right?

Bruce would recognize Clark as Superman.

Superman would recognize Batman as Bruce.

Superman and Bruce would be pretty neutral unless Bruce has seen pictures of Clark before.

And of course Clark and Batman would recognize each other.

Hoe does it usually go in the comics?
Depends. Is Batman's cowl lined with lead?
Old August 31 2013, 07:08 PM   #1067
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Assuming he prepared before meeting Superman

I don't think Cavill's Superman would sit down with the military and divulge what he can and can't do.

Batman shouldn't know either.

Superman- Oh yeah I can't see through lead.

Scientist- Anything else?

Superman- I'm lactose intolerant.
Old August 31 2013, 08:12 PM   #1068
Nociod
Fleet Captain

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post

I don't think Cavill's Superman would sit down with the military and divulge what he can and can't do.
I sure hope not.

That annoyed me about the Reeves version, sure, tell the reporter your weaknesses! And sure enough, Lois writes about it and Luthor takes advantage of it
Nociod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 08:21 PM   #1069
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Nociod wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post

I sure hope not.

That annoyed me about the Reeves version, sure, tell the reporter your weaknesses! And sure enough, Lois writes about it and Luthor takes advantage of it
In the comics it seems very super-villain and their mother knows that Superman's weaknesses are red suns, kryptonite and magic.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 08:24 PM   #1070
Gojira
Commodore

Christopher wrote: View Post
Gojira wrote: View Post
...I too wanted at least one more solo Superman movie before they teamed him up with Bataman or another character.
I'd say we haven't even had a solo Superman movie yet. We've had the adventures of Jor-El, Last Father of Krypton, and his intrepid allies Lois Lane, the US military, and Jor-El's occasionally helpful son.
That's true. A full and complete solo Superman movie would be better.
Old August 31 2013, 08:45 PM   #1071
marksound
Fleet Captain

And from other parts of the internet ...

marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 11:04 PM   #1072
DWF
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
...I too wanted at least one more solo Superman movie before they teamed him up with Bataman or another character.
I'd say we haven't even had a solo Superman movie yet. We've had the adventures of Jor-El, Last Father of Krypton, and his intrepid allies Lois Lane, the US military, and Jor-El's occasionally helpful son.
That's true. A full and complete solo Superman movie would be better.
Superman has always had help from Miss Teschmacher to Gus Gorman.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 12:26 AM   #1073
JD
Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Aldo wrote: View Post
Now having seen it, I am a little disappointed we can't get a true sequel to the film, and by that I mean another solo outing for Supes, I think Henry Cavill made a great Superman/Clark Kent and would love to see him be able to expand in the role. I have no doubt a great story can be made with Superman meeting Batman, but part of me will always be wishing it could have been a solo outing.
Agreed. I'm fairly excited at the idea of a Batman teamup, but Superman's story was just barely getting started in the first movie, and it feels like a shame we that we won't get to see it continued in a more natural way, with a story focused solely on him.

Of course... I felt the exact same way about SR back in the day, so I guess I should be happy we're getting any followup movie at ALL this time. Lol
Just adding my voice to the chorus, I too wanted at least one more solo Superman movie before they teamed him up with Bataman or another character.
Me too. I would have rather seen at least one more MOS Superman movie and at least one reboot-Batman before they teamed them up. That way both characters would have been able to get a good amount of development before teaming them up.
Old September 1 2013, 01:11 AM   #1074
Chuck Finley
Commander

the G-man wrote: View Post
Chuck Finley wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
There's been a new episode since Argo came out? It feels like it hasn't been on in a year... and I know they're producing fewer episodes a year now, too. I think it's ten in one shot rather than seven and seven?
Yeah, I don't remember an episode about Ben Afleck since Argo and I watch South Park religiously....
Going Native:
  • "Going Native" is the eleventh episode of the sixteenth season of the American animated sitcom South Park, and the 234th episode of the series overall. It premiered on Comedy Central in the United States on October 17, 2012.

Butters begins acting out at school, beating up a fellow student seemingly without provocation, and then later excoriating his male classmates for being stuck-up and disingenuous, save for Kenny, who he says is the only one with any dignity….

When asked if his anger has subsided, Butters admits that he is still jealous of Ben Affleck, who, in addition to being very handsome and married to Jennifer Lopez, is a good film director. When informed that Affleck is "just" married to Jennifer Garner, Butters' anger is assuaged, and he walks off into the sunset with Kenny, content.
I can't believe it, I must have missed that one. I'll be dammed.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 06:55 AM   #1075
the G-man
Commodore

It was a minor ep, notable only for the guys giving Affleck his due as a good director and implying that jealousy was behind a lot of the fanboy Affleck hate.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 11:11 AM   #1076
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post

Agreed. I'm fairly excited at the idea of a Batman teamup, but Superman's story was just barely getting started in the first movie, and it feels like a shame we that we won't get to see it continued in a more natural way, with a story focused solely on him.

Of course... I felt the exact same way about SR back in the day, so I guess I should be happy we're getting any followup movie at ALL this time. Lol
Just adding my voice to the chorus, I too wanted at least one more solo Superman movie before they teamed him up with Bataman or another character.
Me too. I would have rather seen at least one more MOS Superman movie and at least one reboot-Batman before they teamed them up. That way both characters would have been able to get a good amount of development before teaming them up.
We don't need a reboot Batman. Begins is too recent. Let S&B serve as his "reboot."
Old September 1 2013, 03:41 PM   #1077
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Yeah, I also wanted to see another solo Superman movie, but I do like the way they're handling Batman. They're reintroducing the character without doing yet another reboot. It's a great way to go about it.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 04:05 PM   #1078
Christopher
Writer

^Well, it is a reboot, i.e. a new continuity. Do you mean "without another origin story?"

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 04:37 PM   #1079
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Pretty much. They got around having to do another origin story or solo movie.
Old September 1 2013, 05:28 PM   #1080
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I've been thinking about the title again and "Man of Steel: Batman-Related Subtitle" sounds best at the moment. It would be along the lines of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer or Captain America: The Winter Soldier.