RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,657
Members: 24,813
Currently online: 546
Newest member: SB118_Pavlova

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old August 30 2013, 10:50 AM   #256
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile
Re: Best Audio Book?

Finally got round to Gallifrey Series 5.

Best bit of the run was the last 2 minutes.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 11:17 AM   #257
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm waiting for Romana and Leela get to married in the final episode next month.

Everyone buy your rice now.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2013, 07:58 PM   #258
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

50% off he Dark Eyes Paul McGann box set

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 04:31 AM   #259
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

That's odd, they shouldn't do that until dark Eyes II is almost upon us, but I heard that that had been delayed well into next year.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 07:33 AM   #260
TJ Sinclair
Captain

Listened to The Stones of Venice today, and I can say for certain, that it's the first Big Finish audio I've heard that I found to be absolutely stupid. Mind-numbingly awful and utterly inane. And if people seem to think Minuet In Hell is even worse, I can't wait to get to that gem... Ugh.
Old September 1 2013, 06:45 PM   #261
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Finished the Companions Chronicle A Town Called Fortune. I'm not particularly fond of Westerns in general, so, the fact I enjoyed this is quite the testament to the writing and Maggie Stables/Evelyn.

Finished The Crime of Thomas Brewster. Nice little mystery in this one, and previously I had listened to The Companion Chronicle The Three Companions and been totally confused by Thomas Brewster in it. This story gave me a little context on him.

Only Feast of Axos and Industrial Evolution left, and in the Special Features of The Crimes of Thomas Brewster they kept referring to it as a Trilogy, so, I assume Thomas Brewster will be in those two as well.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 04:59 PM   #262
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Finished up the Evelyn Smythes. The Feast of Axos was an excellent follow up/sequel to The Claws of Axos Pertwee Story. Thomas Brewster is a Good character, not your typical Companion.

Industrial Evolution I enjoyed, the Adversary was quite creepy and sort of a twist on Cybermen in a way, though they could have explained where it came from a bit better. Bellfrage was a pretty cool character, and I'd be interested in listening to an audio with him where Industrial Evolution left off.

I liked quite a few of her stories, but, Jubilee I think was the best, it's one of the absolute top BF Doctor Who Audio Plays I've listened to.

So, I'm off to listen to some Pern for at least a book or two (Probably wait until Gallifrey is released before returning to The Doctor Whoniverse), when I'll listen to Gallifrey, Dalek Empire 1, My subscription Main lines that have built up by then (2 so far), and the First 50 for $2.99 that I've recently bought (7 so far) and may buy before then.

Old September 8 2013, 12:38 AM   #263
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I'm waiting for Romana and Leela get to married in the final episode next month.

Everyone buy your rice now.
I'll be in my bunk.

Emh wrote: View Post
Now that he, Tom Baker, and John Levene have all seen the light, that just leaves Jackie Lane.

I know she's retired but I really want to do just one audio play. Companion Chronicles are retiring but they will be replaced by Early Adventures. I can only hope she can be convinced...
I doubt it. She hasn't even done any DVD interviews, IIRC.

Iamnotspock wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
So, the better adventures of K9 and Company (Cheezy and awful as it is, I do have a soft spot in my heart for K9 and Company)
Kind of, but without K9. Not sure why, but he'd broken down and been placed in a box in the attic...
Did we ever find out what happened to Sarah Jane's nephew/ward/whoever that kid was from "A Girl's Best Friend"?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
She's a chubby chaser.

(Notice how quickly Melanie abandoned the thin 7th Doctor when she got a good look at Glitz's pie-belly?)

Who is the fat man she can cling to and feed diet shakes in/on Gallifrey?
Commander Maxil?
Old September 8 2013, 08:15 AM   #264
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Now that he, Tom Baker, and John Levene have all seen the light, that just leaves Jackie Lane.

I know she's retired but I really want to do just one audio play. Companion Chronicles are retiring but they will be replaced by Early Adventures. I can only hope she can be convinced...
Yeah, I know, although she still does the conventions.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2013, 03:20 PM   #265
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

It turns out when she laid down for her nap, Ben and Polly Tied her up and left her in a warehouse, and then lied to the Doctor saying "Oh, Dodo says she's happy here, and she's staying, so she told us to say goodbye for her and take her place". And then of course, The Doctor just took this at face value and abandoned her, so, yea, she's a little bitter and not about to set foot in that TARDIS again, Lord knows where he might abandon her the next time

Old September 8 2013, 11:39 PM   #266
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Really? Then why isn't she on the DVDs?
Old September 8 2013, 11:58 PM   #267
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

I don't think Lane does many conventions, for the same reason she isn't on the DVDs-- she doesn't want to spend a lot of time going over and over her brief involvement with Doctor Who. She did a long interview in the Myth Makers series, and appears at occasional events, but she's not really active on the convention circuit in the way many actors are.
Old September 9 2013, 12:31 AM   #268
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

I get that. Although, it would be nice if they'd at least gotten her on record on that "End of the Line" documentary about Hartnell's final season on "The Gunfighters."
Old December 20 2013, 07:06 PM   #269
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Finally finished the Last Thomas Covenant Book and, so, back to The Whoniverse.

Listened to Gallifrey Series 6, and loved it. Lots of Timey-Wimeyness and Temporal Techno-Babble (Lala Ward is fantastic with reciting Techno-babble). I especially loved Narvin's idea at the end, and then Romana's Revelation of what she did. A very fitting end to the Series, IMHO. Listening to the Behind the Scenes disk now, and then on to a group of about 10 of the First 50, and then the last 5 or 6 Main Range releases from my Subscription.

The December Main Range (that gives you Trial Of The Valleyard as a bonus, if your subscription includes December) is released. Anyone know when Trial of The Valleyard will be available for download, since it's Requirement release is out?

Old December 20 2013, 07:44 PM   #270
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

It's out now, it's just listed as bonus content on Afterlife.

Jackie Lane does the occasional signing but doesn't do conventions.