Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 29 2013, 07:52 PM   #1036
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Chrono85 wrote: View Post
superdeluxe wrote: View Post
http://www.michiganfilmoffice.org/Th....aspx?id=12540

So does this give us any clues in the direction that WB/affleck/goyer/Snyder is taking this movie/franchise
As a Michigander, I think this is great news The new Transformers movie is doing a lot of filming in Michigan as well, but the Transformers movies aren't very good.....
It's to do with the good tax credit system the state has - MOS2 is getting $35 million.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2013, 08:09 PM   #1037
Chrono85
Lieutenant Commander

View Chrono85's Twitter Profile

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
http://www.michiganfilmoffice.org/Th....aspx?id=12540

So does this give us any clues in the direction that WB/affleck/goyer/Snyder is taking this movie/franchise
As a Michigander, I think this is great news The new Transformers movie is doing a lot of filming in Michigan as well, but the Transformers movies aren't very good.....
It's to do with the good tax credit system the state has - MOS2 is getting $35 million.
Yeah, the tax credit is a good idea. At least they are finally trying to really improve the economy.
Chrono85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2013, 08:24 PM   #1038
superdeluxe
Captain

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...s-dwindle.html

As many as 50,000 stray dogs roam the streets and vacant homes of bankrupt Detroit, replacing residents, menacing humans who remain and overwhelming the city’s ability to find them homes or peaceful deaths.

Star Trek 250+ million or Bust!
superdeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2013, 08:30 PM   #1039
Chrono85
Lieutenant Commander

Detroit is messed up. I was born and raised in Michigan, and I remember going through the city and some areas would be very nice, but then I would go into another area, which was full of abandoned and boarded up homes and high-rises with graffiti and stuff, and it looked like a scene out of a Mad Max movie. The city has been on a downhill spiral since the 70's, and the filing for bankruptcy is the best thing to happen to it in years, because it is is a chance at a new start. Let's just hope that the overly powerful unions don't screw up any potential recovery. Aside from just Detroit, there is lots people-less forested areas that could be used.
Old August 29 2013, 09:16 PM   #1040
davejames
Vice Admiral

gblews wrote: View Post
As Matt Damon stated in those quotes fiurther upthread, the Batman role doesn't require much acting, (although a good actor could have dne more with the role than Bale did), so Affleck needs to really keep from bumping into suff on set. If he can do this, he at least shouldn't be any worse than the previous Batman actor.
Yeah I think it really requires just having the right "presence" for the role, more than anything. Whether Affleck has that, I don't know, but the Batman costume itself is so powerful and iconic that it'll probably do a lot of the work for him anyway.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2013, 09:56 PM   #1041
Chuck Finley
Commander

The thing I'm looking forward to is how Trey Parker and Matt Stone deal with Afleck's casting. I hope the towns people of South Park go nuts.

Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2013, 10:10 PM   #1042
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Detroit is messed up. I was born and raised in Michigan, and I remember going through the city and some areas would be very nice, but then I would go into another area, which was full of abandoned and boarded up homes and high-rises with graffiti and stuff, and it looked like a scene out of a Mad Max movie. The city has been on a downhill spiral since the 70's, and the filing for bankruptcy is the best thing to happen to it in years, because it is is a chance at a new start. Let's just hope that the overly powerful unions don't screw up any potential recovery. Aside from just Detroit, there is lots people-less forested areas that could be used.

What the city really needs is for a corporation with military contracts to swoop in. Maybe help out the police.....

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 12:08 AM   #1043
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...s-dwindle.html

As many as 50,000 stray dogs roam the streets and vacant homes of bankrupt Detroit, replacing residents, menacing humans who remain and overwhelming the city’s ability to find them homes or peaceful deaths.
Perfect opportunity to introduce Krypto and Ace, the Bat Hound!
Old August 30 2013, 12:09 AM   #1044
Chrono85
Lieutenant Commander

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post

What the city really needs is for a corporation with military contracts to swoop in. Maybe help out the police.....

Speaking of which, some people are erecting a Robocop statue in detroit. It was successfully funded through kickstarter.
Old August 30 2013, 08:00 PM   #1045
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Speaking of which, some people are erecting a Robocop statue in detroit. It was successfully funded through kickstarter.
That is awesome. Want.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 09:28 PM   #1046
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Peter Weller even endorsed it on Funnyordie.com

Some people hated the idea. They thought Robocop represented a hell hole future for Detriot being glorfied
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 09:31 PM   #1047
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Some people hated the idea. They thought Robocop represented a hell hole future for Detriot being glorfied
But iss it not believed that Robocop will help clean up the city? (IE: bringing in Tourism that will bring in an influx of money that could be spent)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 10:26 PM   #1048
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Oh, I think Detroit was sending itself there no matter what.

But iss it not believed that Robocop will help clean up the city? (IE: bringing in Tourism that will bring in an influx of money that could be spent)
Robocop was designed to be somewhat of the "ultimate cop" to help protect Delta City once OCP had finally eradicated Detroit and built it.
Old August 30 2013, 11:01 PM   #1049
Christopher
Writer

^Well, he was meant to be the prototype of a new product line of RoboCops, but the people behind the project all ended up, err, downsized from existence. And if you believe the movie sequel, they never managed to get a second one to work anyway.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 11:04 PM   #1050
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
^Well, he was meant to be the prototype of a new product line of RoboCops, but the people behind the project all ended up, err, downsized from existence. And if you believe the movie sequel, they never managed to get a second one to work anyway.
Sequel? I'm sorry, I think you're mistaken. There was only ever one RoboCop movie made.