RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,683
Members: 24,206
Currently online: 877
Newest member: Trekker_Tokyo

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old August 28 2013, 11:57 AM   #76
Sean_McCormick
Captain

Re: Doctor Who Prom - BBC Radio 3, Sat 13th July

In 2010 they aired two versions, one cutdown on BBC1 and the complete version a few days later on one of the other channels. So i'm positive that a complete version will be aired sometime. Probably not in the next days or weeks. When the Prom happened i seached for information on when it would be broadcast and found the information that it will be shown in november around the anniversary, i would guess the complete version will be shown then.
Sean_McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 12:26 PM   #77
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Addendum: They also took out Vale Decem.
There's a reasonabe version on youtube.

Sean_McCormick wrote: View Post
When the Prom happened i seached for information on when it would be broadcast and found the information that it will be shown in november around the anniversary, i would guess the complete version will be shown then.
Probably just assumption given that we knew they'd air it at some point
Old August 28 2013, 01:08 PM   #78
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Showing a cut down as well as a full version seems like a really odd decision. Why even bother with the edited version?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 01:21 PM   #79
Starkers
Admiral

Something to put out on a Bank Holiday afternoon I guess?

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2013, 12:04 PM   #80
Neroon
Mod of balance

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Apart from the cuts, its was a really well done production.
They usually are, at least as far as I['m concerned. Charming and entertaining in the best ways, I truly wish I could attend one
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 07:42 PM   #81
Starscape
Fleet Captain

Looks like there won't be an extended version of the prom, but there will be extra scenes from this years prom shown on the red button and on iPlayer following the BBC3 repeat tomorrow (Thurs 21 Nov):

Doctor Who at the Proms: Encore - BBC Red Button, 20:10

Now, in conjunction with BBC Three’s screening of ‘Doctor Who at the Proms’, Red Button offers fans the chance to see previously unscreened highlights from the concerts.
With appearances by Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, Madame Vastra and Strax, this Red Button special features three pieces by Doctor Who’s resident Maestro Murray Gold - The Companions Suite (Rose, Martha, Donna & Amy), The Final Chapter of Amelia Pond (from The Angels Take Manhattan) and Vale Decem (a tribute to the 11 Doctors).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01l1z04/profiles/dw50

Still no Song for 50... poor Murray Gold.
Old November 20 2013, 09:46 PM   #82
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Starscape wrote: View Post
Looks like there won't be an extended version of the prom, but there will be extra scenes from this years prom shown on the red button and on iPlayer following the BBC3 repeat tomorrow (Thurs 21 Nov):

Doctor Who at the Proms: Encore - BBC Red Button, 20:10

Now, in conjunction with BBC Three’s screening of ‘Doctor Who at the Proms’, Red Button offers fans the chance to see previously unscreened highlights from the concerts.
With appearances by Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, Madame Vastra and Strax, this Red Button special features three pieces by Doctor Who’s resident Maestro Murray Gold - The Companions Suite (Rose, Martha, Donna & Amy), The Final Chapter of Amelia Pond (from The Angels Take Manhattan) and Vale Decem (a tribute to the 11 Doctors).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01l1z04/profiles/dw50

Still no Song for 50... poor Murray Gold.

I hope this turns up on another source. I'm not gettign involved with iTunes just to watch the extra scenes.

As for 50, jeez, talk about gettign swept under the rug. I hope it at least turns up in the Special. Yes, I didn't care for the lyrics, but the orchestration itself was quite nice.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote