Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old August 13 2013, 03:07 AM   #406
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

^^I'm totally not surprised. But yeah, it is pretty damn amusing. I don't even care if any of the missing episodes are ever found, watching fandom get this wound up over a rumour has been a blast.
Old August 13 2013, 05:19 AM   #407
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

I think it's touching. We really care, we want these episodes to exist, and we're willing to believe anyone who tells us that there is hope of finding them.
Old August 13 2013, 02:24 PM   #408
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

We'd all like to believe. But, we can let our hopes overide our reason. And, it's sad that most stories that are missing now will forever be missing outside of the audio.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2013, 02:54 PM   #409
StCoop
Commodore

I know I shouldn't really laugh but...

https://twitter.com/WhoHarmonyPodca
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 11:15 PM   #410
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Another Bleeding Cool article. Which is nothing but a bunch of quoted posts from Gallifrey Base, without the permission of the original posters, and without a followup from one of them that changes the context somewhat. But at least he doesn't call any of it a smoking gun.
Old August 24 2013, 11:26 PM   #411
StCoop
Commodore

All it needs is one screencap from a recovered episode to prove all us doubters wrong.

I won't be holding my breath...
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2013, 12:41 AM   #412
diankra
Commodore

It's beyond tired now: my gut feeling is that there was a possible lead back in 2012 (but it might just have been the Sierra Leone dead-end, though Paul V's comment suggests there was something else), but it didn't pay off; that got merged in rumours with the genuine lead on the Hartnell interview, and everything else has been adding in possibilities to make sense of the rumours.
But the Hartnell interview is the secret discovery, and that's it.
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2013, 02:53 AM   #413
Nightowl1701
Commander

*groan* Just animate the rest of the lost episodes already... Can we make this a Kickstarter project?
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2013, 03:11 AM   #414
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
*groan* Just animate the rest of the lost episodes already... Can we make this a Kickstarter project?
I'm in!
Old August 26 2013, 01:49 PM   #415
.:: TSN ::.
Lieutenant Commander

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Another Bleeding Cool article. Which is nothing but a bunch of quoted posts from Gallifrey Base, without the permission of the original posters, and without a followup from one of them that changes the context somewhat. But at least he doesn't call any of it a smoking gun.
What follow up?
.:: TSN ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 01:18 AM   #416
Candlelight
Admiral

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Paul Vanezis has since banned Rich Johnston from both Gallifrey Base and the Missing Episodes forum, and has deleted all his posts in the latter forum.
Old August 28 2013, 01:36 AM   #417
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Candlelight wrote: View Post
Paul Vanezis has since banned Rich Johnston from both Gallifrey Base and the Missing Episodes forum, and has deleted all his posts in the latter forum.
It would be more accurate to say that Vanezis asked Steven W. Hill to ban Johnston from Gallifrey Base. On the Missing Episodes Forum, Vanezis can do what he wants as its his forum. On Gallifrey Base, Vanezis is just a poster, albeit one with a name, and even he wasn't immune from being edited by the moderators when he called Johnston "scum."

It may be worth noting that Scot Ferre, the other Gallifrey Base poster whose posts were quoted in the Bleeding Cool article, has said that he did not ask for Johnston to be banned from Gallifrey Base.

While it sucks that Johnston was banned from Gallifrey Base, what he did was against GB's rules and Hill was right to pull the trigger. Hill has preemptively issued warnings to the past to journalists not to trawl GB in search of quotes as it's a private forum and posters expect that what they say there will remain private. When Michael Moorcock's Terraphiles was announced, an enthusiastic fan started copying messages from GB to Moorcock's forum with the best of intentions -- to show Moorcock that Who fandom was excited -- and Hill politely asked the poster to cease doing so.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 04:46 AM   #418
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Gallifrey Base sounds like a hostile, over-moderated site run by people with delusions of grandeur.
Old August 28 2013, 06:14 AM   #419
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Gallifrey Base sounds like a hostile, over-moderated site run by people with delusions of grandeur.
Most of it is and I avoid it at all costs with the exception of the audio forum, which I regularly frequent to discuss Big Finish productions. Most posters in that forum are down-to-earth, regularly people.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 10:20 AM   #420
Candlelight
Admiral

I barely visit it anymore, mainly the classic Who forum page. I used to visit the missing episode threads until the omnirumour turned up. Now it all sounds like the same thing over and over again...