RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,546
Posts: 5,421,973
Members: 24,804
Currently online: 423
Newest member: comicstar100

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 26 2013, 07:58 PM   #31
Lego Thrawn
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Lego Thrawn's Avatar
 
Location: Csilla
Re: Patricia Tallman

Her and Gates are my two favorite redheads.
Lego Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2013, 09:51 PM   #32
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Patricia Tallman

sojourner wrote: View Post
This thread scared me. I thought maybe she had died.
Given what's been happening to the Babylon 5 actors over the last decade, that was not an unreasonable assumption. I thought the same thing at first.

I'm glad I was wrong.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2013, 09:57 PM   #33
Tom Hendricks
Commodore
 
Tom Hendricks's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: Patricia Tallman

I got to spend time in a hot tub with her at Shore Leave, many years ago. I count myself fortunate to do so, she is super nice.
__________________
I am a child of the universe. I will walk gently and true

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2013, 10:21 PM   #34
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: Patricia Tallman

Tulin wrote: View Post
In that cast photo can someone tell me who is the old man standing next Claudia, looking slightly off centre?

PLEASE Tell me that's not Walter Koenig because he looks SO old!!!
To be fair, though, Koenig had to bury his son three years ago after he committed suicide. He's been aging very quickly ever since then, and he's said in interviews that the whole ordeal took so very much out of him.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2013, 10:47 PM   #35
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Patricia Tallman

Timby wrote: View Post
Tulin wrote: View Post
In that cast photo can someone tell me who is the old man standing next Claudia, looking slightly off centre?

PLEASE Tell me that's not Walter Koenig because he looks SO old!!!
To be fair, though, Koenig had to bury his son three years ago after he committed suicide. He's been aging very quickly ever since then, and he's said in interviews that the whole ordeal took so very much out of him.
Yea, that was really sad to read about Boner being missing, and eventually found dead. (Sorry, don't remember his real name, just his character name on Growing Pains)
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2013, 11:10 PM   #36
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Patricia Tallman

Not to mention Walter is 76, he is old!
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 02:35 PM   #37
Admiral James Kirk
Writer
 
Admiral James Kirk's Avatar
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
Re: Patricia Tallman

Is he really 76?
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 04:47 PM   #38
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Patricia Tallman

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Is he really 76?
Shatner and Nimoy are 82, how much younger could Walter Keonig and George Takei (Also 76) be?
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 04:50 PM   #39
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Patricia Tallman

I don't think Walter's face looks all that old, it's just that we're not used to seeing him without his wig. And with the bald head, he suddenly looks like a little old man. But he's worn the rug since TOS, IIRC, so had we been seeing him au natural for all these years, the baldness would look less shocking. I'd say he looks pretty well for his age and the recent bereavement.
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 05:22 PM   #40
lennier1
Commodore
 
lennier1's Avatar
 
Location: Germany
Re: Patricia Tallman

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Is he really 76?
Shatner and Nimoy are 82, how much younger could Walter Keonig and George Takei (Also 76) be?
The funnier part is that George is only a few months older than Walter, but Walter never got rid of the image as the kid among the cast.
__________________
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 06:00 PM   #41
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Patricia Tallman

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
I got to spend time in a hot tub with her at Shore Leave, many years ago. I count myself fortunate to do so, she is super nice.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 06:20 PM   #42
Noddy
Captain
 
Re: Patricia Tallman

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
I got to spend time in a hot tub with her at Shore Leave, many years ago. I count myself fortunate to do so, she is super nice.
You were in a hot tub with her? No way!
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 07:58 PM   #43
Admiral James Kirk
Writer
 
Admiral James Kirk's Avatar
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
Re: Patricia Tallman

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Is he really 76?
Shatner and Nimoy are 82, how much younger could Walter Keonig and George Takei (Also 76) be?

That's a good point. It's just he's always been so damned baby faced.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2013, 08:44 PM   #44
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Patricia Tallman

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Is he really 76?
Shatner and Nimoy are 82, how much younger could Walter Keonig and George Takei (Also 76) be?

That's a good point. It's just he's always been so damned baby faced.
True, and as CaptainDemotion points out, the rug makes alot of difference. Seeing him without in Of Gods and Men (Or was it the Trailer for Renegades?) was a pretty stark change.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2013, 09:50 AM   #45
Tulin
Vice Admiral
 
Location: With the most wonderful man in the world!
Re: Patricia Tallman

Timby wrote: View Post
Tulin wrote: View Post
In that cast photo can someone tell me who is the old man standing next Claudia, looking slightly off centre?

PLEASE Tell me that's not Walter Koenig because he looks SO old!!!
To be fair, though, Koenig had to bury his son three years ago after he committed suicide. He's been aging very quickly ever since then, and he's said in interviews that the whole ordeal took so very much out of him.
I knew that and part of my upset at seeing him in such a clearly advanced aged condition was that this very thing might have taken a lot out of him.
Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.