New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 6 2013, 03:58 PM   #1111
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

HD facepalm!

jimbotron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2013, 07:16 PM   #1112
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

GameOn wrote: View Post
Thanks to the wonders of HD I just noticed that Jonathan Frakes has a bandage around his right index finger in "Sarek" and "Ménage à Troi".
I'm watching Menage now, and just noticed something new. Starting at 4:30, there's an Asian guy sitting behind Lwaxanna and the Ferengi in Ten Forward. He's wearing glasses. About 15 seconds later, after we cut to Deanna and Riker at the bar, then back to Lwaxanna, the glasses are gone.

Did we ever see anyone else wearing glasses in TNG?
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2013, 11:03 PM   #1113
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
GameOn wrote: View Post
Thanks to the wonders of HD I just noticed that Jonathan Frakes has a bandage around his right index finger in "Sarek" and "Ménage à Troi".
I'm watching Menage now, and just noticed something new. Starting at 4:30, there's an Asian guy sitting behind Lwaxanna and the Ferengi in Ten Forward. He's wearing glasses. About 15 seconds later, after we cut to Deanna and Riker at the bar, then back to Lwaxanna, the glasses are gone.

Did we ever see anyone else wearing glasses in TNG?
Dr. Crusher wore sunglasses on the holodeck in "The Big Goodbye." But I don't recall seeing a Starfleet officer wearing corrective lenses at any point in the series. There was a deleted scene in Insurrection where the librarian was wearing reading glasses:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Glasses
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Eyewear
Old August 11 2013, 05:59 AM   #1114
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
I don't recall seeing a Starfleet officer wearing corrective lenses at any point in the series.

Yeah, I know I'm cheating.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 03:04 AM   #1115
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

I finally finished the season. In the documentary (part 2 or 3), they show a few clips from "Transfigurations." I've watched this episode many times over the past 23 years.

Although I had always seen the gruesome hole in the side of the alien's face when they first rescue him, it was only now that I noticed that half of his left arm was gone in that shot and the first shot of him on the biobed. How could I miss that?
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 02:53 PM   #1116
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I never noticed that either.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 07:16 PM   #1117
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
Although I had always seen the gruesome hole in the side of the alien's face when they first rescue him, it was only now that I noticed that half of his left arm was gone in that shot and the first shot of him on the biobed. How could I miss that?
I never noticed it either. It wasn't until I read the Memory Alpha article that I learned of it. It's really hard to make anything out originally.

In HD though, yup, you can see his teeth because the cheek is gone, and one arm is visibly missing.
jimbotron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 11:55 PM   #1118
Reynolds
Commander

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. But are there any plans to release season 3 in HD in itunes?
Old August 24 2013, 01:06 AM   #1119
SpHeRe31459
Captain

Reynolds wrote: View Post
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. But are there any plans to release season 3 in HD in itunes?
There seems to be a window of time where the Blu-ray is the only way to get it, a year maybe? Nothing official has been said, just an observation.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 11:17 AM   #1120
Beta-Z
Lieutenant Commander

Just noticed a possible bug on the S3 blu ray #4.

If I watch the first episode "The Offspring" until after the end of the credits, it jumps back to an "empty" main menu! Everything is gone!!
Plus, all menu buttons of the remote control are disabled.
Didn't find another way than to open the tray and load the whole disc again.
Can anyone confirm that please by watching the end credits of that episode? Maybe it's just my player (Panasonic)...
Beta-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 12:26 PM   #1121
dg1379
Commander

Beta-Z wrote: View Post

If I watch the first episode "The Offspring" until after the end of the credits, it jumps back to an "empty" main menu! Everything is gone!!
Can anyone confirm that please by watching the end credits of that episode? Maybe it's just my player (Panasonic)...
That recently happened to me on the season 4 set after watching Night Terrors. Had to load the disc again. The strange thing is, I've already watched this disc once before without any problems.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 11:00 PM   #1122
SpHeRe31459
Captain

Yes you can seemingly break the menus, I've seen something like what you guys describe on all the season sets so far (since the menus are basically the same across all seasons). When you put in a disc and the menus start to load, you get an animation of the Enterprise warping by and then the title floats by on a starfield, then finally you get to the actual menus. You can skip that animation, but I've seen it then hiccup and load blank menus. With no choice but to press stop and play again. I have a Panasonic player as well.

I've also made it totally choke in a similar manner from a PC Blu-ray player software.
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2013, 11:09 PM   #1123
Maxwell Everett
Fleet Captain

Beta-Z wrote: View Post

Yes, I recall having that issue the first time I viewed "The Offspring" as well. Interestingly though, I can't seem to reproduce the error right now! On either my PS3 or Panasonic BD75. Go figure. It may simply be as SpHeRe31459 says above.
Old August 24 2013, 11:35 PM   #1124
dg1379
Commander

I have a Samsung and haven't been able to reproduce the error. Also, I can't skip the enterprise flyby before the menus start. Not a big deal, I enjoy the animation.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2013, 11:33 AM   #1125
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Reynolds wrote: View Post
No idea but I imagine they will sooner or later. They took their time releasing the first two season on itunes, then put both up at the same time. Hopefully 3 and 4 will follow soon.