New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 23 2013, 10:36 PM   #766
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Chuck Finley wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Chuck Finley wrote: View Post
Didn't one of the recent animated movies have a really cool Batmobile? In the new 52, doesn't he have a shit load of Batmobiles? I hope the Suit is not overly detailed and I hope it's grey this time and not black. Maybe some kind of armor similar to Captain America in the first movie.
In The New 52 he does have a cache of batmobiles which seems to be each one he's had in every incarnation of the character. (A visual in-joke) the one he primarily uses has Tumbler-like features.
I don't want another tank. I want a cool car, not over the top cartoonish, but cool. I think a balance between TDK, TAS. and the Arkham games would be nice. The realistic approach with cool gadgets and a badass Batcave and an Arkham style suite would be perfect, I think.
Agreed, the Tumbler was too much of a tank, same as you I want a cool car.
Old August 23 2013, 10:37 PM   #767
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Old August 23 2013, 10:38 PM   #768
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Its going to be a Prius.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 10:58 PM   #769
Gojira
Commodore

I was very disappointed with the Tumbler. Yup, it was nothing more than a tank.
Old August 23 2013, 11:02 PM   #770
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Okay, I'm biased since I wrote the novelization, but I never had a problem with Affleck as Matt Murdock. And he's been good in films as diverse as CHASING AMY, ARGO, and SHAKESPEARE
And seeing as you also wrote the novelisation of the last Batman movie, I'm inclined to trust your judgement. (Though I also liked DD and was also in the pro-Affleck camp anyway)
And (ahem) the last Superman film.
Old August 23 2013, 11:07 PM   #771
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

This actually means we can't trust him on anything, as he'll be trying to shill his services for every movie?
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 11:10 PM   #772
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Okay, I'm biased since I wrote the novelization, but I never had a problem with Affleck as Matt Murdock. And he's been good in films as diverse as CHASING AMY, ARGO, and SHAKESPEARE
And seeing as you also wrote the novelisation of the last Batman movie, I'm inclined to trust your judgement. (Though I also liked DD and was also in the pro-Affleck camp anyway)
And (ahem) the last Superman film.
I actually forgot about that! Sorry!
Old August 23 2013, 11:14 PM   #773
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Old August 23 2013, 11:20 PM   #774
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Ok, I have no idea how acurate a site cosmicbooknews.com is, but I figured I'd post this article anyway.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...trong-sinestro

Even if this isn't true, and thats very possible, its an interesting idea that I'd never considered. I've never seen Breaking Bad (I only really know Cranston from malcom in the Middle and various cameos on shows like Seinfeld), but I think bald Bryan cranston could look like Luthor (if you got rid of the goatee and glasses from the pics I've seen of him bald in breaking bad) plus he's always seemed like a decent actor.

Last edited by kirk55555; August 23 2013 at 11:31 PM.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 11:35 PM   #775
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

It's just really sad how much Marvel has their shit together when it comes to the movie adaptations of their heroes. And DC is flailing about like a kid learning to swim.

As a DC fan, I really want to see the very best of these characters and Man of Steel, well, left me a bit cold.

Linkara did a "review" of it which mostly him ranting but he points something out that I think makes the point clearly, there's a shot in Avengers where the camera pans around our heroes readying for the next round of their battle. The music is loud and bombastic, the colors bright and vivid these LOOK like heroes and they're about to reveal all of their splendor to the world in all of their awesome. Superman vastly lacked that.

And here we have Ben Affleck as Batman which is just a damn odd choice really. Maybe his acting is better as I've not seen him in anything recent but when I think of, say, Armageddon when he's "crying" and shouting by showing off his teeth-whitening I just cringe. Really the only things I've liked him in were directed by Kevin Smith.

He could end up surprising us, many are saying that the same things now are being said about Affleck as was being said about Ledger; but to that I say Ledger had a bit better track record and weight than Affleck has. Affleck has a lot of shit in his past that has to be overcome.

I just... I just don't know how this will go but with Snyder I'm not too hopeful.

Ok, I have no idea how acurate a site cosmicbooknews.com is, but I figured I'd post this article anyway.
Usually not *too* reliable but not exactly unreliable either. If true, could be very interesting casting indeed.
Old August 23 2013, 11:46 PM   #776
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Linkara did a "review" of it which mostly him ranting but he points something out that I think makes the point clearly, there's a shot in Avengers where the camera pans around our heroes readying for the next round of their battle. The music is loud and bombastic, the colors bright and vivid these LOOK like heroes and they're about to reveal all of their splendor to the world in all of their awesome. Superman vastly lacked that.
Good. That's about the last thing I want to see.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 11:46 PM   #777
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

thumbtack wrote: View Post
In declaring the fanboys "consistently and always wrong", they cite Heath Ledger, Daniel Craig, and the Star Trek reboot.
Ledger was good. Craig is too ugly and unrefined for Bond, though he nails the physicality. And the Star Trek reboot was crap.
If financial success denotes high quality, Brittainy Spears is the pinnacle of musical achievement.
Old August 23 2013, 11:48 PM   #778
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

It's just really sad how much Marvel has their shit together when it comes to the movie adaptations of their heroes. And DC is flailing about like a kid learning to swim.

As a DC fan, I really want to see the very best of these characters and Man of Steel, well, left me a bit cold.

And here we have Ben Affleck as Batman which is just a damn odd choice really. Maybe his acting is better as I've not seen him in anything recent but when I think of, say, Armageddon when he's "crying" and shouting by showing off his teeth-whitening I just cringe. Really the only things I've liked him in were directed by Kevin Smith.

He could end up surprising us, many are saying that the same things now are being said about Affleck as was being said about Ledger; but to that I say Ledger had a bit better track record and weight than Affleck has. Affleck has a lot of shit in his past that has to be overcome.

I just... I just don't know how this will go but with Snyder I'm not too hopeful.

Usually not *too* reliable but not exactly unreliable either. If true, could be very interesting casting indeed.
People might want to stop judging him by work he did over a decade ago. Some of his more recent work has been well received and award nominated.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 11:52 PM   #779
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The music is loud and bombastic, the colors bright and vivid these LOOK like heroes and they're about to reveal all of their splendor to the world in all of their awesome. Superman vastly lacked that.
Good. That's about the last thing I want to see.
Why watch a damn Superman film then?!?!
Old August 23 2013, 11:53 PM   #780
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Okay, I'm biased since I wrote the novelization, but I never had a problem with Affleck as Matt Murdock.
I thought he was a little bland, but adequate on the whole. And I do like the film, though Garner bugs me a bit. Duncan and Farrell steal the show.
Still, Daredevil is not Batman. Miller maintains that the difference is that Batman is insane; I disagree. The difference is that Batman is BIG, imposing. Dominates any room he's in, be it as Bruce Wayne or as Batman. The Nolan films notwithstanding, Wayne is not some weird recluse. One thing that really impressed me with Keaton's portrayal was that his Bruce Wayne seemed like a competent businessman, surprisingly.
West was still the best Wayne, followed closely by Clooney.