does season 2 get any better

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by tmosler, Aug 21, 2013.

1. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ok so after finishing season one i have finally started season 2 of sg1. Its my knowledge that fans generally belive that sg1 gets better in season 2 and even better in in season 3 and so on but so far i have been a little disapointed in season 2. The serpents grasp was amazing in every way and without a doubt one of the best sg1 episodes i have seen. but from there its been downhilll. The next episode (the line of duty) was great and prisoners was okay but the next 2 episodes feel like filler episodes then the quality returns with thors chariot only to disapear again in the next 2 episodes. So my question is after just finishing family if season 2 gets any better?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

There are some good episodes to come, that add to the mythology of the show.

"The Tok'ra", 2 parter
    "The Fifth Race", this is one of my favourites of the entire series.

Season two isn't a bad season nor is it a great season but it has less mis-fires than Season one so it shows an improvement in quality over the first season. But yes in general season three is when the show starts to be more consistant in terms of quality.

3. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Don't forget "1969"....

4. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i watched the next 4 episodes and i am happy that it seems the quality in season 2 has picked up except for bane all the episodes were great. looking forward to season 3.

5. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't remember 1969. The whole 1960s are just a big blur, man....