Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 21 2013, 07:30 PM   #16
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Pitch a Movie

I'd really like to see a good biopic, or maybe HBO miniseries, of the life of Mohammad - either filmed in California, for obvious reasons, or done in high-quality claymation, a la Aardman Animations' works. Balancing the duties of spiritual leader and military conqueror of entire cities would be quite an interesting dramatic dynamic to see acted out.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2013, 08:14 PM   #17
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

A War of the Worlds remake set during the American Civil War.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2013, 10:00 PM   #18
Data Holmes
Admiral

World War 3.2

A late 20's Iraq/Afghanistan War vet is recruited by a shadowy government group fighting the real world war, dubbed 3.2 by the head of the cyber warfare team, which has been going on since 1999. It's not just nations or Islamic terrorists as the public would believe. Factions of nations, corporations, freelance fighters, private military contractors, religious extremists, environmental extremists, and politicians are fighting an ever shifting, mutating, and evolving global conflict on physical, digital, economic, and political fronts.

The group, set up and funded by the president of the US answers to no one and has one job, prevent the new global war from destroying civilization as we know it by any means necessary.

Target length for the movie would be 3 to 3.5 hours long, target rating would be hard R, and could serve as the pilot for a pay cable/Netflix series.
Old August 22 2013, 01:04 AM   #19
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Patrick Stewart and Ben Kingsley play actors who despise each other because fans always mistake them for each other. They both audition for a part that's a guaranteed award winner, but the director, who's a bit scattered can't recall which actor gave the best audition, Hi-jinks and hilarity ensue as the two actors try convince the director they were the one he liked, while simultaneously sabotaging each other. In the end the director finally recalls who gave the best audition....a third actor play by F. Murray Abraham!
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.

Last edited by Nerys Myk; August 22 2013 at 02:02 AM.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2013, 02:17 AM   #20
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

This looks like a job for the AWESOME-O 5000!

So how about Adam Sandler plays a nun, and the nun has a sister also played by Adam Sandler only she's a party girl who's also fat, and they have to save an orphanage from drug dealers or something?
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2013, 02:32 AM   #21
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Micheal Moorcock's Elric Of Melnibone.
Old August 22 2013, 02:35 AM   #22
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Gaith wrote: View Post
I'd really like to see a good biopic, or maybe HBO miniseries, of the life of Mohammad - either filmed in California, for obvious reasons, or done in high-quality claymation, a la Aardman Animations' works. Balancing the duties of spiritual leader and military conqueror of entire cities would be quite an interesting dramatic dynamic to see acted out.
Unfortunately, there's no way that would be allowed to be made. You think one cartoonist got serious threats? Any live action Mohammed film would unleash a jihad what would make that cartoonist thing look like Saturday In The Park.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; August 22 2013 at 03:41 AM.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2013, 03:37 AM   #23
Gaith
Rear Admiral

^ Verdad. Here's a more feasible idea:

- Kenneth! This musical extravaganza tells the story of the Clinton impeachment from the perspective of an Austin Powers-like Ken Starr, descending deeper and deeper into Macbeth-like madness as his outrageous investigations go on. (If Macbeth was a fabulously acrobatic dancer and first-rate singer, that is.)
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2013, 08:53 AM   #24
Jono
Rear Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
This looks like a job for the AWESOME-O 5000!

So how about Adam Sandler plays a nun, and the nun has a sister also played by Adam Sandler only she's a party girl who's also fat, and they have to save an orphanage from drug dealers or something?
It would only work if Kevin James is the head priest or deacon or whatever, with a cameo of Rob Schneider's "You can do it!" guy.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2013, 01:56 PM   #25
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

"Batman Vs. Predator"
- Coma Guy
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2013, 06:25 PM   #26
foxhot
Fleet Captain

I've had a conception originating from 1996....a film in my own head, fully scripted and plotted though well over 120 pages. It's fully cast with almost 50 actors selected. Since it was 17 years back, some of the cast have passed away. Due to time and computer issues involved, a bare minimum of three posts and perhaps five in-depth paragraphs be required to sufficiently highlight it.

The main question is, would it be fair to inflict the concept on the simultaneously obtuse, addle-minded, careless and the daffy minority of one? Not that I have any issues with his pitches. The vast majority of you MAY buy into the terrorist parakeet concept, and nobody's required to applaud, bow or like the premise. But if the mind is closed before the attempt's made, what's the point of attempting it?
Old August 22 2013, 08:16 PM   #27
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

foxhot wrote: View Post
I've had a conception originating from 1996....a film in my own head, fully scripted and plotted though well over 120 pages. It's fully cast with almost 50 actors selected. Since it was 17 years back, some of the cast have passed away. Due to time and computer issues involved, a bare minimum of three posts and perhaps five in-depth paragraphs be required to sufficiently highlight it.

The main question is, would it be fair to inflict the concept on the simultaneously obtuse, addle-minded, careless and the daffy minority of one? Not that I have any issues with his pitches. The vast majority of you MAY buy into the terrorist parakeet concept, and nobody's required to applaud, bow or like the premise. But if the mind is closed before the attempt's made, what's the point of attempting it?
Um cause it's a thread for fun? So like, terrorist parakeets are welcome...

-Godzilla, King Of The Monsters
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2013, 08:26 PM   #28
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Groo The Wanderer
Old August 22 2013, 08:56 PM   #29
Triskelion
Rear Admiral

foxhot wrote: View Post

Which Simpson's episode is it most like?
Triskelion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 12:12 AM   #30
Australis
Writer

Davros wrote: View Post
Groo The Wanderer
This.

I have some RL ideas, I'll get back to you, for laffs.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote