Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 16 2013, 04:12 PM   #91
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Re: Big Brother

I won't miss Jessie, mainly because she was such a non-entity until her last 72 hours in the house.

I know I've said alot about Andy being a stereotype, but he is playing the kind of game I would be playing: have both sides consider you a friend and pick a neutral target. The only thing I would do is try and stoke the fire between the two sides a little more.

It'll be interesting to see who Aaryn decides to put up. Does she put all her chips in with the 3am alliance (don't these people realize a named alliance used spells doom for it's members) and put up Helen and Elissa (I am rooting for this) or does she play it safe and put up Gina Marie and the perma-pawn Spencer. In my opinion, she'd be smart to get Helen and Elissa out and then take the rest of the house on a crusade to break up McCrae and Amanda. By removing those threats, well Helen is a threat, Elissa and Aaryn just don't get along, she'll still have Spencer, Andy, Gina Marie, and possibly the Revive-A-Hamster to make a run at the power couple.

Speaking of Revive-A-Hamster, I hate it and always have. You may love a houseguest that's been evicted, but they have been bested and eliminated. It's a speedbump that throws off the game because the HOH is almost obiligated to put that person up and eliminate them again. But since we are going to be forced to watch this, at least bring Judd back. I couldn't stand Candice and Jessie was meh. I think the only reason this isn't America's vote is because they know it will be unamious for Judd to return.

And my newest prediction: Aaryn will make it to the final two.
Old August 17 2013, 12:26 AM   #92
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

I missed the episode, how is it decided who comes back in? If it's an America vote, then WB JUDD!

Aryan won again?! Ugh. I hope you're wrong she makes the final two, against certain people she might actually have a chance to get the vote. People like her don't deserve to be given free money.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2013, 03:17 AM   #93
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I agree that Aaryn will go far. No one's going after her right now. And I think the reason she won't nominate GinaMarie this week (or possibly ever) is that she sees GM as her one guaranteed jury vote in the end. She's even said this. She wants GM gone and is annoyed by her, but doesn't want to be the one to piss her off.

I haven't been watching feeds for the past week, I just haven't felt any motivation to watch the remaining houseguests. But if I had to guess, I would say that Amanda and McCrae want Helen out this week. And Amanda has controlled every other HOH, so why would this one be any different? Unless Helen wins veto, I think she might be going home.

The evicted houseguests will compete to come back in the house. It will be between Candice, Judd, Jessie, and whoever leaves this week. I'm sure you can guess that I'm rooting for Judd, but at this point I'm not really caring about the end of the season much. Though, if Helen does leave and Judd comes back in, he might have a fighting chance, because Andy, McCrae, Aaryn, and Spencer all had good relationships with him. It was really Amanda and Helen that wanted him gone so badly, with Elissa tagging along (she doesn't seem to do much thinking for herself). Aaryn, Andy, GM, and even Elissa must be realizing that Amanda needs to go very soon. And Spencer has always wanted her gone.

The thing about Helen is that she is extremely patronizing and smugly chipper. She acts like she is the "sweet mom," but she consistently talks negatively about her own alliance members. She doesn't outright insult them, but makes the back-handed comments and belittles them to others. And, similarly to Amanda, when she gets it into her head that she doesn't like someone, she is relentless at making sure everyone knows how terrible they are and how they need to go home now. That's what she did to Judd. She was so nice to him but really seemed to hate him in the days before he left.

But who knows. Maybe these people are all really sheep and think they can somehow make it to the end with Amanda. And maybe Judd won't come back.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 10:30 PM   #94
Danny99
Vice Admiral

With a layoff coming at work, I have had a lot of spare time on my hands, so I went back through all the seasons and chose a male and a female houseguest for a theoretical All-Star season. These are choices I'd make and I really tried to stay away from the over saturated choices (Janelle, Jeff, Jordan, Kaysar, Will, Boogie, Dan). Feel free to agree or disagree:

Season 1 - Eddie & Jordan
Eddie is hands down my favorite winner. He really didn't give two shits about what anyone thought of him and managed to pull it out despite being nominated for banishment (remember that kids?) the majority of the weeks. Jordan got sucked into that stupid love triangle story line with Josh and Brittany (and sometimes Jamie too). I'd love to see what she could do free of that.

Season 2 - Hardy & Sheryl
Hardy dominated this season from a physical standpoint, but trusted Will to save him over Nicole in one of the stupidest game moves of the earlier seasons. Would he pull a Colby and do it again? Sheryl is here because she got screwed over, plain and simple. She was the casualty of war and never saw it coming nor was it fair to her.

Season 3 - Roddy & Danielle
Roddy spent this season being dragged down by crazy Chiara, but played a strong game that could have flew under the radar if it wasn't for her. He was always one of the most impeccably dressed houseguests as well. Danielle is here as the only decent female in this cast. She should've trounced Lisa in the final, but people were too hurt by her comments in diary that, if she was in a later season, no one would've saw in jury.

Season 4 - Jack & Michelle
Jack is one of my all time favorite houseguests. He was witty and only lost because he chose Erika to align with. Michelle is this season's Sheryl. She would've last a lot longer if there wasn't already two sides vying for control of the house and she wasn't home to either of them.

Season 5 - Marvin & Nakomis
Marvin is the original perma-pawn. He didn't give much of a care to what people thought of him either and was always chomping on a small cigar. Nakomis is the originator of the blindside (even when every person after has tried to take credit like it's the best thing since sliced bread). One of the games best strategic minds definitely needs to come back.

Season 6 - James & Sarah
James was a target in both seasons he played in and would probably be again, but let's see what kind of game he could play when not being forced to be in a Janelle/Kaysar/Howie alliance. I remember screaming at the screen when Maggie mindfucked Howie into putting Sarah up. She deserves another go for being a victim of the pure stupidity of her own alliance.

Season 7 - No Picks From All Stars

Season 8 - Eric & Jen
I think Eric's game got screwed over by America's player, which was stupid to begin with. Let him come back and play his own game. I had a hard time saying Jen, but lets see if her game is any different without Evel Dick over her shoulder.

Season 9 - Parker & Amanda
Parker got screwed over by one of the dumbest twists ever (Til Death Do Us Part) being stuck with the loudmouth Jen, who already had her boyfriend in the house. He knew he was screwed from Day One. Give him a real shot this time. Amanda was not the most stellar houseguest, but she was cute and this was definitely a weak female season.

Season 10 - Brian & Keesha
Brian was infamous for playing too hard, too quick. Does he learn his lesson? Keesha is here because the rest of the female cast was just so poor. Come to think of it, this cast was dreadful. No wonder Dan won.

Season 11 - Kevin & Laura
Kevin made it to the final three but was stuck with Natalie and Lydia the entire time in the Jessie club. Lets see what he can do on his own. Laura got run over in Ronnie's tyrannical HOH week.

Season 12 - Enzo & Britney
Enzo is here for pure entertainment. The "Meow Meow" was one of the highlights of his season and gave us a reason not to gouge our eyes out with Rachel there. And yes Britney has been back before, but she is just hilarious.

Season 13 - Adam & Shelley
Adam is the ultimate BB fan (giving him the nod over McCrae). He was there to have an awesome time and his DR's were always good. Shelley was given a raw deal when the Jeff and Jordan-ites called for her daughter to be murdered over betraying them. Let's give her another chance to play the game without all that.

Season 14 - Frank & Kara
Frank was the target for this entire season and given another chance, could win a season. Kara was another victim of something she couldn't control, this time a "Screw Dan" alliance. Let her have a chance to actually play.

Let's see some other lists!
Old August 20 2013, 02:47 AM   #95
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

This is a list of a full cast over all seasons, excluding anyone who's already played twice.

Men:

Ian (BB14)

One of the most likable players in BB history, managed to win through competition and alliance-intelligence even with Asperger's.

Jack (BB4)

Big Brother badly needs to have the same age dispersion as Survivor, and Jack's easily the best old guy the show's ever seen.

Jason (BB3)

If only to see the caption "Not virgin".

David (BB4)

He just happened to be the first casualty of a split-house game, he was really likable and could have gone much father.

Lane (BB12)

Another 'Likable guy sucked into hatable alliance'.

Howard (BB15)

He would have fared better if it weren't for a crap twist that put him on the outs immediately.

Nick (BB15)

See Howard.

Ollie (BB10)

Thought he was a fun guy.

Women:

Jun (BB4)

The best player of her season, I'd like to see her not drawn into the ex-drama.

Maggie (BB6)

I thought she got a bad rap happening to be associated with the most hatable alliance in game history. In any other season she would have been likable.

Renny (BB10)

Another "More diverse age range" inclusion. She was fun.

Jenn (BB14)

Great to see a female player who didn't fit the mold in any way.

Michelle (BB11)

Another of those 'screwed by context' players. They decided at some point she was a horrible human being for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Lydia (BB11)

Another 'breaks the mold' pick. This show is usually so bad at casting women that the few who are different get in easy.

Lori (BB3)

She was one of my favorite at the start of the season and only lost because she happened to win a cash prize.

Cheryl (BB2)

I have to agree she was a victim of circumstance, and one of the few older people cast to the show.
Old August 20 2013, 03:22 AM   #96
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Danny99 wrote: View Post

Season 14 - Frank & Kara
Frank was the target for this entire season and given another chance, could win a season. Kara was another victim of something she couldn't control, this time a "Screw Dan" alliance. Let her have a chance to actually play.
I very much agree with the rest of your list, but not Frank and Kara. Kara was just boring as hell, had no personality on feeds or in DR. And I hated Frank with a passion, he was so arrogant, immature, and cocky. His week of pouting with Boogie really put me over the edge. Can't stand this guy. I don't think much of the BB14 cast was that great, but I guess I would have to choose Wil (for pure entertainment) and of course Jodi, who never had a chance!
—T.S. Eliot
Old August 21 2013, 01:12 AM   #97
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

The only pick from his list I strongly disagree with is Eric.

He was one of the biggest 'I am morally superior to everybody trying to beat me' players in history despite the America's player twist, and he was generally one of the (Majority of) flamingly judgmental asses.

If it were up to me, any player who has ever said "Man those people in the other alliance are EVIL HORRIBLE PEOPLE" should be barred from coming back a second time permanently. That is the one thing that will instantly turn me against any player.
Old August 21 2013, 03:36 AM   #98
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
The only pick from his list I strongly disagree with is Eric.

He was one of the biggest 'I am morally superior to everybody trying to beat me' players in history despite the America's player twist, and he was generally one of the (Majority of) flamingly judgmental asses.

If it were up to me, any player who has ever said "Man those people in the other alliance are EVIL HORRIBLE PEOPLE" should be barred from coming back a second time permanently. That is the one thing that will instantly turn me against any player.
I agree, that mentality can be frustrating. It's the "we're the good people and America wants us to win" frame of mind. What's so tough about this season is that they are almost all like that. The ones who weren't are now gone. Even Andy and Helen engage in this mentality. Aaryn, GM, and Amanda are the worst offenders. I would say the only ones left who don't really do this are McCrae and Spencer, two guys who I always forget are in the house because they blend in so well at the moment (which is great for their games).

What's funny is that so many of these HGs believe that America loves them. Even Aaryn, who knows that her racism has been discussed in the DR, thinks that America is clearly on her side and sees how "evil" Elissa and then Candice were. She thinks that people are rooting for her because they see how she was wrongly accused of racism and how disgusting it was that Candice labeled her that way. And Amanda should know better, because she very much plays into the villain role in the DR, yet she and Andy are "100% certain" that America is rooting for them. Amanda even cries to McCrae about how sad she would be if she were being portrayed as a mean or bitchy girl controlling things...

I think some of these people will be in for a shock once they leave the house!
—T.S. Eliot
Old August 23 2013, 04:46 AM   #99
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

Just looked at Wikipedia.

YESSSS!!!!!!!

Finally we'll see Amanda and McRae on the block.
Old August 27 2013, 07:13 PM   #100
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I am happy with how this week is turning out so far. I wanted to Judd to return, so I was glad that happened. Although I'm not a huge Elissa fan, I don't really care for her either way, I was glad she won because I knew she wouldn't fall under the spell of Amanda.

Spoiler.....

The veto is won by Amanda. So while many in the house toyed with the idea of her being the re-nom and voting her out this week, that obviously won't happen. Amanda used the veto on McCrae and Elissa put up Andy against Aaryn. Aaryn will be going home, which is perfectly fine by me. Of course now Aaryn's pouting about how she shouldn't have done what Amanda wanted, because it didn't pay off for her in the end. She told Amanda, "I wouldn't have done all of those things for you if I knew that you would choose Andy over me."

By the way, Amanda has NOT been dealing well with not getting her way. They tried to get Elissa to nominate GM next to Aaryn, so they could send home GM and keep the 3AM alliance intact, but Elissa didn't fall for it. But this pisses off Amanda big time, and she goes around the house acting a complete fool. And I know the word bully gets thrown around a lot in BB history, but she truly was a big bully to Elissa, in her face tormenting her to the point that Elissa was afraid to leave her HOH room.

Judd seems like a new player now that he's back. He is definitely against Amanda and McCrae, but is doing a good job of hiding that fact from them. It seems that his eyes have been opened about a lot of things now. But, he still seems to be trusting Andy. Spencer, Andy, Judd, and GM have made a new final four alliance, and say they will all go after Amanda/McCrae next week, but its very hard to tell how serious Andy is about the alliance. I think he will throw HOH so he doesn't have to make a choice.
—T.S. Eliot
Old August 29 2013, 02:44 AM   #101
Danny99
Vice Admiral

It's hard to condemn Amanda when my dislike for Elissa is so high.
Old August 29 2013, 11:02 PM   #102
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Danny99 wrote: View Post
It's hard to condemn Amanda when my dislike for Elissa is so high.
I find it very easy to condemn Amanda, regardless of my feelings toward Elissa. After her attacks during Candice's last week, the stream of bullying that empties out of her daily in this back half of the season, and her naked arrogance in the wake of the Helen coup -- I personally would rank her in the same category and level as Aaryn or GinaMarie.

Based on last night's edit of events, her plan to ingratiate Andy into Elissa's good graces backfired in such spectacular fashion that everyone in the house (save for McCrae, natch) seems to be sharpening their axes and eyeing the "queen's" neck.

My hope is that we aren't just seeing Diary Room posturing, but actual resolve in the houseguests to evict Amanda.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 01:48 AM   #103
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

The only thing that separates Amanda from the Aryan Sisterhood right now is that for the first half of the game she actually was playing the game well. She had practically the entire house coming to her telling her everything anyone was planning.

But then she throws tantrums whenever things start to not go her way, and it undermines the social maneuvering she did so effectively at the beginning.

I never particularly minded Elissa that much.
Old August 30 2013, 02:19 AM   #104
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
The only thing that separates Amanda from the Aryan Sisterhood right now is that for the first half of the game she actually was playing the game well. She had practically the entire house coming to her telling her everything anyone was planning.

But then she throws tantrums whenever things start to not go her way, and it undermines the social maneuvering she did so effectively at the beginning.
I agree. The first half of the season Amanda is a far different player than the "mastermind" Amanda who appears to be running out of her meds as the season progresses.

Confrontational one minute, crying behind a trash can the next, followed by a ping-pong game of rampant over-confidence versus insecure paranoia, and concluding in a peaceful smoke outside --with McCrae curled up at her feet -- while she casually tosses out the name of her new arch-enemy for tomorrow. Sheer madness.

Such a disconnect from the woman who talked with Aaryn in her HOH room about the latter's racist comments earlier in the summer and did so in a sympathetic and diplomatic manner. It was remarkable for a house guest to deal with a volatile situation in such an adult and mature way. I remember being highly impressed by Amanda at that time.

Now it feels like we're talking about a completely different person.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 03:08 AM   #105
Danny99
Vice Admiral

She has gone completely bat shit crazy and now has painted the biggest target in the house on her and McCrae's back.

I was actually shocked they let Aaryn get booed and laughed at. We've seen them sanitize the audience before. Her response to the racist comments was just silly, but reinforced my belief that she will go home and some Southern gentleman will agree with her or claim she "got a raw deal" and hire her to do something. Bad publicity is still publicity.

I am now cheering for a Spencer/GinaMarie final two, really so Amanda, Helen, McCrae, Elissa etc can sit around and go "Fuck, we let them float by!"