RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,142
Posts: 5,433,898
Members: 24,935
Currently online: 532
Newest member: Uhura's legs

TrekToday headlines

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 19 2013, 01:48 PM   #3406
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

I think it's Freddie Mercury.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 01:51 PM   #3407
Pingfaaaaarrrrgh
Admiral
 
Pingfaaaaarrrrgh's Avatar
 
Location: Pingfah
Re: PICTURE POST II!

teacake wrote: View Post
I feel stupid. Who is the statue of?
You're off my christmas card list that I was planning to put you on!
__________________
So it goes.
Pingfaaaaarrrrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 01:52 PM   #3408
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangledcorpse's Avatar
 
Location: BOO-klyn
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Yeah, unfortunately, you really have to bleach. My hair is really dark brown, so I have to bleach it for about an hour and it still comes out a pale orange most of the time. Bleaching can be a pain, and it definitely does a lot of damage, but since my hair is pretty short and I only do streaks I don't mind. Plus, the vibrant colors that come with bleach are totally worth it!
__________________
thestrangequark

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 02:33 PM   #3409
Davros
Fleet Admiral
 
Davros's Avatar
 
Location: Kaled bunker, Skaro
Re: PICTURE POST II!

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, you really have to bleach. My hair is really dark brown, so I have to bleach it for about an hour and it still comes out a pale orange most of the time. Bleaching can be a pain, and it definitely does a lot of damage, but since my hair is pretty short and I only do streaks I don't mind. Plus, the vibrant colors that come with bleach are totally worth it!
So you won't be adopting the Erin Esurance look.
__________________
"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society," -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 03:02 PM   #3410
Kestra
Vice Admiral
 
Kestra's Avatar
 
Re: PICTURE POST II!

teacake wrote: View Post
I feel stupid. Who is the statue of?
Sorry! It's Freddie Mercury.

BennieGamali wrote: View Post
Cool hair!

Also Kestra: I know that feel. I've given up dyeing it. I tried it a few weeks back because i'd cut most of my hair of, so if it looked terrible it wouldn't matter. But the color I got was nowhere near as red and funky as advertised on the box. We will just have to face the fact that dark hair is way cooler than any other color, dyeing it is made impossible for that reason. ;P
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, you really have to bleach. My hair is really dark brown, so I have to bleach it for about an hour and it still comes out a pale orange most of the time. Bleaching can be a pain, and it definitely does a lot of damage, but since my hair is pretty short and I only do streaks I don't mind. Plus, the vibrant colors that come with bleach are totally worth it!
When I did the red streaks I actually managed it without bleach but yeah, it wasn't as shocking a color. The problem is if I had bleached it, the color would start running out and then I'd just b left with blonde streaks.

Pingfah wrote: View Post
You're off my christmas card list that I was planning to put you on!
I want a Christmas card! Also don't be such a snob.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 03:05 PM   #3411
Pingfaaaaarrrrgh
Admiral
 
Pingfaaaaarrrrgh's Avatar
 
Location: Pingfah
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Kestra wrote: View Post

I want a Christmas card!
No problem, you're on my Christmas Card list!!

Also don't be such a snob.
Right, that's the last straw, you're OFF my Christmas Card list!
__________________
So it goes.
Pingfaaaaarrrrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 03:11 PM   #3412
Kestra
Vice Admiral
 
Kestra's Avatar
 
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 03:19 PM   #3413
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD
Tom Hendricks
 
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
A sort of Cliff's Notes recap of my last trip:

Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners)


Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks)


Angel Stadium


Dodger Stadium


O.co Coliseum (Oakland Athletics)


AT&T Park (San Francisco Giants)


Petco Park (San Diego Padres)


PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates)
Awesome pics MLB, I can't wait for my boys to get older and do the whole Stadium Tour. I like how early you get to the park, I love to watch ground crews work.
__________________
Now she's here shining in the starlight, Now she's here, suddenly I know. If she's here it's crystal clear I'm where I'm meant to go

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 03:27 PM   #3414
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangledcorpse's Avatar
 
Location: BOO-klyn
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Davros wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, you really have to bleach. My hair is really dark brown, so I have to bleach it for about an hour and it still comes out a pale orange most of the time. Bleaching can be a pain, and it definitely does a lot of damage, but since my hair is pretty short and I only do streaks I don't mind. Plus, the vibrant colors that come with bleach are totally worth it!
So you won't be adopting the Erin Esurance look.
Oh hell no.

Kestra wrote: View Post

When I did the red streaks I actually managed it without bleach but yeah, it wasn't as shocking a color. The problem is if I had bleached it, the color would start running out and then I'd just b left with blonde streaks.
In my experience, it depends on the dye you use. Manic Panic is semipermanent, so it does start to fade after a couple washings, but it generally stays colored and doesn't go back to blonde unless you're using something really pale like bubblegum pink. I've used 5 of their dyes...bubblegum pink hardly colored my hair at all. Shocking blue looks great but fades very quickly. Atomic turquoise (the blue in the photo) hardly fades at all, and same with the Hot Hot Pink in the photo.
__________________
thestrangequark

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 08:06 PM   #3415
Boo! Did I Scare Ya?
Admiral
 
Boo! Did I Scare Ya?'s Avatar
 
Location: bbailey861 - Kingston, ON
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
A sort of Cliff's Notes recap of my last trip:

Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners)


Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks)


Angel Stadium


Dodger Stadium


O.co Coliseum (Oakland Athletics)


AT&T Park (San Francisco Giants)


Petco Park (San Diego Padres)


PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates)
Awesome pics MLB, I can't wait for my boys to get older and do the whole Stadium Tour. I like how early you get to the park, I love to watch ground crews work.
Awesome, indded. They are all great shots!!
Boo! Did I Scare Ya? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 11:34 PM   #3416
macghoul
I believe most sincerely
 
macghoul's Avatar
 
Location: macloudt: A Canuck in southwest England
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macghoul
Re: PICTURE POST II!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Love the new hair, tsq.
I can confirm that TSQ's hair looks even better in person. And that she's as lovely and smart and sweet in real life as she is here.

I can also confirm that The Seeker and his wife are also lovely, and that their little girl is so cute and adorable they're lucky I didn't sneak off with her.
__________________
Get on macloudt's bad side, and she'll Knit 1, Purl 2 your ass--Melakon
macghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 11:40 PM   #3417
Kestra
Vice Admiral
 
Kestra's Avatar
 
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Ahh so jealous! I want to meet them and you too!
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 11:43 PM   #3418
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
Ghouleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

I've never had the opportunity to meet her but if her BBS and Facebook posts are any remote indicators then she must be very entertaining and educational to hang out with! The cute hair would just be a bonus.

I'd like to get tsq and Randi together in the same room and just watch and listen. I imagine two lively New York girls interacting could be quite illuminating.
__________________
"On Halloween night the Great Temporal Pumpkin rises out of the Chroniton patch and flies through space to bring new timelines to all the good little children of the galaxy." -cooleddie74
Ghouleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 12:14 AM   #3419
Crypto
Caped Trek Mod
 
Crypto's Avatar
 
Location: Transporter buffer
Re: PICTURE POST II!

macloudt wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Love the new hair, tsq.
I can confirm that TSQ's hair looks even better in person. And that she's as lovely and smart and sweet in real life as she is here.

I can also confirm that The Seeker and his wife are also lovely, and that their little girl is so cute and adorable they're lucky I didn't sneak off with her.
I'm jealous too but really glad you had a good trip!
__________________
Woof.
Misfit Toy
Crypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 12:53 AM   #3420
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangledcorpse's Avatar
 
Location: BOO-klyn
Re: PICTURE POST II!

macloudt wrote: View Post
cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Love the new hair, tsq.
I can confirm that TSQ's hair looks even better in person. And that she's as lovely and smart and sweet in real life as she is here.

I can also confirm that The Seeker and his wife are also lovely, and that their little girl is so cute and adorable they're lucky I didn't sneak off with her.
Awwww, thanks!

It was fabulous meeting you, though I'm afraid we may have bored your poor girl to death!
__________________
thestrangequark

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.