TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 19 2013, 02:28 AM   #136
PopBoy
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PopBoy
Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

For many love is possession. He just can't see that - which is why its so interesting. That's why i still see him as an anti-hero.
PopBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 02:38 AM   #137
Chuck Finley
Commander

PopBoy wrote: View Post
For many love is possession. He just can't see that - which is why its so interesting. That's why i still see him as an anti-hero.
In a weird way, I do too. He doesn't want to kill or have killed anyone "innocent", or anyone at all really. 98% of the people who have died as a result of Walt; most of them have been pieces of shit anyway. Walt still klings-on to the idea of family. He's not willing to hurt anyone for no reason, Gus, on the other hand, was a gangster from start to finish. I'm still rooting for Walt, I hope he makes it.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 03:06 AM   #138
Chuck Finley
Commander

OK, that episode wasn't as exciting as last week, but interesting all the same. It always amazes me how they still manage to interject humor in this show. The conversation with Saul was the highlight of this episode. I always wanted to go to Belize; until now.
Old August 19 2013, 03:36 AM   #139
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Chuck Finley wrote: View Post
I always wanted to go to Belize; until now.
I haven't seen the episode yet but I know someone who works on a cruise ship, he took pictures of Belize beaches in the winter and it looked amazing. His reply was "Stay near the ship, or in groups". he's also gay and he probably would be stoned for that.
Old August 19 2013, 04:16 AM   #140
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

PopBoy wrote: View Post
Yeah, to a character in an Almodovar film.

People in the real world who think love is possession wind up with thousand year prison sentences.

Yeah, I guess if Todd hadn't been there that kid wouldn't have died. And he went out of his way not to murder the train crew, and Lydia, and Gale was strictly self defense. So you can argue that puts him a notch above Fring. But that doesn't change the fact that he put himself in a position where he knew there was a chance he'd need to commit murder. He's responsible, and he's unrefutably an evil man who ought to be brought to justice.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 04:29 AM   #141
Agent Richard07
Retired

Chuck Finley wrote: View Post
OK, that episode wasn't as exciting as last week, but interesting all the same.
It was talky, but quite gripping. They laid out all the good stuff that we've been waiting for.

Talking Bad was pretty good tonight. Anna Gunn was on and she talked about what was going through Skyler's mind in the diner as well as what makes Walt a sympathetic character. Basically, Skyler went to the diner thinking she would be arrested and as Hank was talking, she started calculating and decided she needed to keep quiet and get out, so she created a scene. And here I thought she really was frazzled. And as for what makes Walt someone to root for, she says that he represents the guy who's been kicked around by people and life and wants to rise up and empower themself. She confirmed something I've been saying all along. It was never about the cancer and saving his family. Not really.

There was also a bit where Danny Trejo talked about how cool it was to have his head walking across the desert on the back of a turtle.

I also had one concern while I was watching... The baby. Would they shoot a big yelling scene with a baby there? Turns out they didn't. According to Gunn, they used a rubber baby in some shots and I'm guessing that the crying was dubbed in later on. Don't know how they got the baby to do facial expressions though.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 04:39 AM   #142
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

It's interesting the way Skylar reacted when Hank confronted her. It looked like she was ready to talk until Hank mentioned Walter's cancer was back.

I love the way the episode ended. In general I can't believe Jesse would talk, but in this state, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if he was ready to cop to everything himself but without giving anyone up, just so he can punish himself.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 04:41 AM   #143
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile

I really enjoyed this one. I think when the Final Eight are finished, they will flow together as one of the most intense 8-hour-long movies ever made. It is a chess game now between Walt and Hank, with their wives firmly choosing sides, and the massive wild card that is Lydia and Todd waiting in the wings.
Old August 19 2013, 06:43 AM   #144
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Jesse and Hank. Let the games begin.

I think Jesse will talk. He won't evade blame for himself, but he'll incriminate Walter. He's pissed about Mike. He compromised himself to cook meth with Walter (though he was already cooking when Mr. White came back into his life). When your conscience bothers you like Jesse's does, having someone else to at least share the blame can stop your psyche from imploding completely. Yes, meth kills, but you don't see it directly. Jesse saw Gale's face when he shot him. In his present psychological state, he may well blame that on Walt. I wouldn't be a hands on murderer if it weren't for you, Walt.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 07:04 AM   #145
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Another great episode. They're knocking them out of the park this season.

I came a cross a really great bit of speculation on Reddit:

I like this idea and want it to happen.
Old August 19 2013, 01:21 PM   #146
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

It would be pretty crazy if the end of this show turns on Walt redeeming himself by avenging people he cares about and taking down a bunch of folks who are even worse.

I don't consider that redemptive but I suppose the writers and much of the audience would. There's really nothing Walt could do at this point that I would consider to outweigh the bad things he's done, short of selflessly sacrificing his life to save others. Even that probably isn't enough.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 04:01 PM   #147
Agent Richard07
Retired

Some interesting articles...

'Breaking Bad' actor Dean Norris asked for his character Hank to be killed off before the final eight episodes

Vince Gilligan talks about 'Breaking Bad' and a Saul Goodman spin-off
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 05:15 PM   #148
Chuck Finley
Commander

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
It was talky, but quite gripping. They laid out all the good stuff that we've been waiting for.
Yeah, I agree. I kept saying to myself, "I like where they are going with this." I wasn't sure about Skyler. At first, she wasn't happy about Walt's drug empire, but now, I think she's on board. How can you see a huge pile of money and not be tempted to just go along with it? Everybody has their price. I'm glad she didn't just spill the beans with Hank. Of course this puts a rift between her and Marie. Hank is going ahead with the investigation, but I don't see this ending with an arrest. I also don't see Jesse talking. I see Saul swooping in and putting a stop to it. I think we're going to see Saul in every episode from now on. I'm starting to think that it's going to come down to Tod's Uncle vs. Walt. Hank is in the middle of it all and Jesse is the wild card. I agree though, this episode was needed in order to set the tone and set everything up. This show always does that though, as soon as things start slowing down, a shit storm comes and moves the story along.
Old August 19 2013, 05:23 PM   #149
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

We are doomed as a species...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...143738577.html
Old August 19 2013, 05:29 PM   #150
Chuck Finley
Commander

bigdaddy wrote: View Post