Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old August 18 2013, 09:17 AM   #31
SantaSpock
Fleet Captain

View SantaSpock's Twitter Profile
Re: Kirk's Character Arc: Spoiled in Second Movie

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post

Bravo to Gene,

It is cool that people dance around with the topic but it was never Gene's intention for people to interpret kirk and spock as lovers. If Kirk and Spock are loves so is James Bond and M. However Gene was not the type of person that discourage people to have opinions different from his.

I heard this rumour that Gene actually wanted Spock and chapel to get married at the end of TOS. I don't know if this is true, however I wont be surprised when you consider that the character who played Nurse Chapel was married to Gene and she always seemed to have this enduring love for Spock.
Frankly I'd rather Spock marry Kirk than Chapel.

Chapel was just an embarressment ro womanhood. I've got nothing against her crushing on Spock but to fall all over him in such an obvious way yuck!
I wouldn't have minded him marrying the Chapel in "What Are Little Girl's Made Of?" but to have her practically swooning every time she saw him... I probably would never watch Star Trek agin if Spock married Chapel.
If there were a nuChapel and she wasn't as embarressing as the old Chapel then maybe.

Anyway Spock didn't even like Chapel except maybe that one scene in "Amok Time" (When Spock was pretty desperate) where it is said Chapel missed her opportunity for a roll in the hay with Spock.

Some slash people also say Gene's footnote in TMP proves that Kirk could be bisexual by saying 'best' and 'love in ... many ... forms' and the 7 year Vulcan thing (which obviously isn't true). By addressing it, Gene has curiously validated it.
SantaSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2013, 10:26 AM   #32
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

I don't want Spock to marry Kirk, BLECH. I just want them to have hot hot sex. Also, throw in some angst for those that are into that kind of thing.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2013, 02:07 PM   #33
serenitytrek1
Commander

CommishSleer wrote: View Post

Bravo to Gene,

It is cool that people dance around with the topic but it was never Gene's intention for people to interpret kirk and spock as lovers. If Kirk and Spock are loves so is James Bond and M. However Gene was not the type of person that discourage people to have opinions different from his.

I heard this rumour that Gene actually wanted Spock and chapel to get married at the end of TOS. I don't know if this is true, however I wont be surprised when you consider that the character who played Nurse Chapel was married to Gene and she always seemed to have this enduring love for Spock.

Chapel was just an embarressment ro womanhood. I've got nothing against her crushing on Spock but to fall all over him in such an obvious way yuck!
I wouldn't have minded him marrying the Chapel in "What Are Little Girl's Made Of?" but to have her practically swooning every time she saw him... I probably would never watch Star Trek agin if Spock married Chapel.
If there were a nuChapel and she wasn't as embarressing as the old Chapel then maybe.

Anyway Spock didn't even like Chapel except maybe that one scene in "Amok Time" (When Spock was pretty desperate) where it is said Chapel missed her opportunity for a roll in the hay with Spock.

Some slash people also say Gene's footnote in TMP proves that Kirk could be bisexual by saying 'best' and 'love in ... many ... forms' and the 7 year Vulcan thing (which obviously isn't true). By addressing it, Gene has curiously validated it.

NO...I don't think Kirk is bi sexual and what's with the hate aginst Chapel now?

chapel was not so bad, It was obvious that spock would have given her chance if he embraced his emotions.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2013, 05:27 PM   #34
SantaSpock
Fleet Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
I don't want Spock to marry Kirk, BLECH. I just want them to have hot hot sex. Also, throw in some angst for those that are into that kind of thing.
Spock has to marry/bond someone doesn't he?
I'm only joking about it being Kirk, well mostly

CommishSleer wrote: View Post

Bravo to Gene,

NO...I don't think Kirk is bi sexual and what's with the hate aginst Chapel now?

chapel was not so bad, It was obvious that spock would have given her chance if he embraced his emotions.
How can anyone like Spock/Chapel?

Spock would never choose her.

OK if Spock's not going to marry me then I'll go the female Romulan Commander or Leila. Chapel would be very low on my list of possible candidates - just above that Droxine woman and T'Pring
I'm talking old school TOS of course
Old August 18 2013, 09:02 PM   #35
austen_pierce
Captain

Rather than pick up at the beginning of the 5 year mission, let the next movie take place 2 to 3 years in. That way, Kirk and crew can draw on those experiences to face the feature challenge.
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 12:41 AM   #36
Opus
Commodore

'Twilight' fans?
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 01:33 AM   #37
austen_pierce
Captain

Opus wrote: View Post
'Twilight' fans?
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 12:55 PM   #38
Agenda
Fleet Captain

I agree it's spoiled only because it's been revealed that this Kirk is a terrible captain who self-admittedly doesn't know what to do and needs someone in the chair who does know what they're doing and that's not him. That's Spock, apparently (and Trekkies love this movie?).
Agenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2013, 12:41 AM   #39
SantaSpock
Fleet Captain

Agenda wrote: View Post
I agree it's spoiled only because it's been revealed that this Kirk is a terrible captain who self-admittedly doesn't know what to do and needs someone in the chair who does know what they're doing and that's not him. That's Spock, apparently (and Trekkies love this movie?).
Some Trekkies like this movie, some do not. As it is with all Trek movies.
I don't know why he gave command to Spock though. I'm not sure what the writers were trying to say. Obviously they want us still to think that Kirk is the right Captain as he had his Captaincy at the end of the movie. Did he really give Spock the conn because he thought he wasn't good enough or thought he was better in the middle of the action. Was he thinking he was compromised or personally reponsible for the situation so he personally had to fix it? I am confused here. What were they trying to say?
Old August 21 2013, 08:39 AM   #40
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Agenda wrote: View Post
You think Kirk Prime always knew what he was doing? NuKirk just had the balls to admit it.
Old August 22 2013, 05:19 PM   #41
Joker
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Joker

CaptainBearclaw wrote: View Post
kirk's character in the new movies is going through a major character arc of responsibility.
Kirk in the first film went through an arc of learning and giving up his habit of being a smart-ass dickhead.

Kirk in the second film took 2 steps back in order to make the same tedious 1 step forward that it had already made previously. Yawn.

Kirk being repeatedly rewarded with hero status and promotion despite continually being an unlikable little shit is one of the poorer parts of these films.
Old August 22 2013, 08:52 PM   #42
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Joker wrote: View Post
CaptainBearclaw wrote: View Post
kirk's character in the new movies is going through a major character arc of responsibility.
Kirk in the first film went through an arc of learning and giving up his habit of being a smart-ass dickhead.
Judging by TOS nuKirk had way more character development in that area in 2 hours than originalKirk had in 3 seasons
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote