Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 10 2013, 03:42 AM   #46
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

Re: The Last of Us

I saw this game last year(came out in june this year here in Australia) and what can I say about this game,It one of the best games i ever played.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 01:29 PM   #47
Jeyl
Commodore

If they were to make a sequel to this,
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2013, 09:44 PM   #48
RoJoHen
Awesome

Jeyl wrote: View Post
Old July 11 2013, 02:02 AM   #49
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Jeyl wrote: View Post
Old July 11 2013, 12:25 PM   #50
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2013, 09:02 PM   #51
Jax
Admiral

I would love to see a prequel right at the start again, seeing humanity collaspe.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2013, 04:17 PM   #52
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Shakaar wrote: View Post
I personally loved the gameplay. I thought the controls were fantastic. I never really experienced supply shortages until very late in the game. I've played through it 3 times now, and have NEVER been lost, not even the first time. It seemed to me that it was obvious where to go. Maybe even a little TOO linear in places. I would have liked to explore the world a lot more.

Also, maybe I'm forgetting something, or maybe its because I read all of the artifacts and things, but I was fairly sure that I knew you couldn't strangle clickers very early in the game. Possibly before one even showed up. In most instances, you can sneak around them anyway without having to dispatch them.

In short, for me, it was ALL good. It even turned out to be LONGER than I was expecting.
It's not getting seriously lost. Like, you come out of the capitol building and Ellie says "We can go down those stairs!" Um, what stairs? I don't see any. So I go off in the other direction looking for stairs. That ends up a dead end. By the time I can come back soldiers have come out of the capitol building and I have to get through them.

The game is super-linear, but sometimes there are these little side areas just there for scenery but you can get into easily, and have outlets that it looks like you should be able to get into but really can't.

With SMTIV about to come out I might rather watch the rest of this on Youtube than play through it. Or just kick it down to easy so I can focus on getting challenge from games with better gameplay like XCOM or SMTIV. Games like Arkham City and Deus Ex HR just handle stealth so much better.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2013, 07:17 PM   #53
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

For me, I found that the lack of direction led me to explore the world more. Even though the story is linear, the world is huge and a lot if things are spread here and there. You will be rewarded for exploration.

I found the stealth mechanics to be on par if not better than Batman Arkham series. Different strokes I guess.

As for the authenticity of Boston, I don't know how much I can hold that against the game. I'm really looking forward to Ubisoft's Watchdogs mainly because Chicago is my home town and I really want to explore it. I guess it would be a downer if its not accurate to some extent.
Old July 16 2013, 05:46 PM   #54
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

... and before I forget,

w00t!!

Old July 19 2013, 10:44 PM   #55
RoJoHen
Awesome

My roommate and I typically enjoy the same type of video games, so one of us usually buys a copy, plays it through, and then hands it off to the other so he can play (except Arkham City; neither of us could wait for that one, so we played it simultaneously in different rooms).

He had just started "The Last of Us" today, and I kind of just want to sit and watch him. It was so fun the first time around!
Old August 14 2013, 03:51 PM   #56
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

I borrowed this from a friend and started playing and honestly, right now, I'm not greatly impressed.

I can certainly see the potential but right now all I've done so far is walked around, moved a ladder, walked around some more -this time in the dark- and shot a small handfull of "zombies." I see the potential but, honestly, I want to do something more than just wander around doing essentially nothing.
Old August 14 2013, 09:05 PM   #57
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

From the sounds of it, you're still basically in the 'tutorial' section.
Old August 15 2013, 10:48 AM   #58
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Yeah, must have been. Game has picked up now but, now, enough fighting people. I want to fight the ZOMBIES! Or, I'm sorry, fungi-infected humans.
Old August 17 2013, 02:02 AM   #59
Lookingglassman
Admiral

Loved the game! I really hope they make another one.
Lookingglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2013, 10:50 AM   #60
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Yeah, must have been. Game has picked up now but, now, enough fighting people. I want to fight the ZOMBIES! Or, I'm sorry, fungi-infected humans.
I wasn't crazy about it at first either. I found the outbreak part pretty riveting but wasn't crazy about the game during the Tess section. However, here it is damn near 6 in the morning as I've played eight+ hours straight completing it. It kind of chronicles Joel's story though as he's rather disinterested himself at that point.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote