RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,529
Posts: 5,512,575
Members: 25,138
Currently online: 547
Newest member: Bazzzz85

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 16 2013, 02:54 PM   #1
EmoBorg
Fleet Captain
 
EmoBorg's Avatar
 
Location: in the 10 dimensions of reality
Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Nicolas Cage will star in the reboot of the 2000's
Left Behind: The Movie.

http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf...hind_rebo.html
__________________
Si vis pacem, para bellum
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Pingfah
Admiral
 
Pingfah's Avatar
 
Location: Keeping an eye on TBBS
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Weird, I've never heard of this before. I just looked up Left Behind, i'm amazed that such a moronic concept has such wide appeal.
__________________
So it goes.
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Solstice
Sexy Wizard
 
Solstice's Avatar
 
Location: I'm so lost T_T
View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

That shit was way popular several years ago. There must be renewed interest because Obama is the Antichrist.
__________________
Robert Maxwell
I has a blag.
I put on my robe and wizard hat...
Solstice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Pingfah
Admiral
 
Pingfah's Avatar
 
Location: Keeping an eye on TBBS
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

I'm a bit confused as to who it is supposed to appeal to. Is this whole series created just to allow Christians to feel smug and get their jollies watching atheists and muslims slaughter each other?

Doesn't sound very... Christian.
__________________
So it goes.
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Turd Ferguson
Commodore
 
Turd Ferguson's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Nicolas Cage's career choices vary as wildly as does his hairline in his movies. I don't understand how he can make such great movies as Raising Arizona, mediocre movies like Knowing, to plain awful garbage like Ghost Rider. He obviously loves getting a paycheck (who doesn't?) but you'd think he'd be a LITTLE more picky with his roles.
__________________
"Brace yourself. The area of penetration will no doubt be sensitive." - Mr. Spock, The Immunity Syndrome
Turd Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 04:31 PM   #6
marillion
Vice Admiral
 
marillion's Avatar
 
Location: Hangin' with Smokey Bear
View marillion's Twitter Profile
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Pingfah wrote: View Post
Weird, I've never heard of this before. I just looked up Left Behind, i'm amazed that such a moronic concept has such wide appeal.
The Left Behind book series had/has a HUGE following... Even among less-than-evangelical Christians... While certainly not top shelf reading, they are "page turners" and are good for passing the time... I got to about volume 6 before I lost interest...

They are really no different than your average Clive Cussler/Dan Brown thriller/murder/mystery novel.. They just appeal to the ultra-Christians (of which I am not) because they are based on Revelations.

The original movies made of this series are BAD BAD BAD... Kirk Cameron's baby... LOW production values and ham-handed acting at best...

Given a decent sized budget, These might give ol' Nic a career boost...

I'm assuming you find all end of the world, apocalyptic, "we're all gonna die" type literary concepts moronic?
__________________
Find a new way of life - www.marillion.com
marillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Pingfah
Admiral
 
Pingfah's Avatar
 
Location: Keeping an eye on TBBS
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

marillion wrote: View Post
I'm assuming you find all end of the world, apocalyptic, "we're all gonna die" type literary concepts moronic?
Why, are they all the same?
__________________
So it goes.
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral
 
Santa Kang's Avatar
 
Location: North Pole,Qo'noS
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

I've seen Wicker Man, its a step up.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Santa Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 05:49 PM   #9
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: hillsville
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
Nicolas Cage's career choices vary as wildly as does his hairline in his movies. I don't understand how he can make such great movies as Raising Arizona, mediocre movies like Knowing, to plain awful garbage like Ghost Rider. He obviously loves getting a paycheck (who doesn't?) but you'd think he'd be a LITTLE more picky with his roles.
Last I heard, he was bankrupt last year and owed several million--like 13 or 14--to the IRS-- in addition to the alimony of two ex-wives and a few very large lawsuits aimed at him, thanks to his taking out loans on his 15 separate homes that he has yet to pay back. In the last few years, he's blown through 150 million dollars and is pretty much broke.

The dude's in serious financial hot water and I guess he just takes the first paycheck that comes along, however awful the film might be. He probably only looks at how much he'll get paid, not how bad the script is.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 06:31 PM   #10
marillion
Vice Admiral
 
marillion's Avatar
 
Location: Hangin' with Smokey Bear
View marillion's Twitter Profile
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Pingfah wrote: View Post
marillion wrote: View Post
I'm assuming you find all end of the world, apocalyptic, "we're all gonna die" type literary concepts moronic?
Why, are they all the same?
Just looking for clarification... Are they all moronic, or just the one that millions of people believe is how things will go down based on a chapter in the bible? And how is it any more moronic than other visions of the "end of the world" in either ancient or contemporary literature?
__________________
Find a new way of life - www.marillion.com
marillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 06:38 PM   #11
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral
 
Rķu rķu, chķu's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

I liked the Left Behind novels - the ones that weren't prequels, anyway. The prequels were not just lame, they were hyper-lame. (Never seen any of the films, nor do I ever want to.)

And, being Lutheran, I don't subscribe to "pre-millenialism" like the authors do. We are more "a-millenialist". Like so. Yet I can still find the books entertaining even if I don't necessarily agree with the views put forth in them.
__________________
"A hot dog at the ballpark is better than a steak at the Ritz." - Humphrey Bogart
Rķu rķu, chķu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 06:56 PM   #12
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Does the bible state that the bodies of those called up in the rapture do not become soulless flesh-eating zombies? 'Cause if not, there's your hit movie for ya!
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 07:06 PM   #13
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Why else do you guys think he did "Ghost Rider 2"?
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 07:12 PM   #14
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
Nicolas Cage's career choices vary as wildly as does his hairline in his movies. I don't understand how he can make such great movies as Raising Arizona, mediocre movies like Knowing, to plain awful garbage like Ghost Rider. He obviously loves getting a paycheck (who doesn't?) but you'd think he'd be a LITTLE more picky with his roles.
Last I heard, he was bankrupt last year and owed several million--like 13 or 14--to the IRS-- in addition to the alimony of two ex-wives and a few very large lawsuits aimed at him, thanks to his taking out loans on his 15 separate homes that he has yet to pay back. In the last few years, he's blown through 150 million dollars and is pretty much broke.

The dude's in serious financial hot water and I guess he just takes the first paycheck that comes along, however awful the film might be. He probably only looks at how much he'll get paid, not how bad the script is.
I heard that was due to his accountant running off with all his money and not paying the IRS. Left Nic holding the bill so he made arrangements to pay off the IRS by taking any role thrown his way.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 08:35 PM   #15
marillion
Vice Admiral
 
marillion's Avatar
 
Location: Hangin' with Smokey Bear
View marillion's Twitter Profile
Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

^^^Next up... Nicolas Cage as.... The Highlander.....
__________________
Find a new way of life - www.marillion.com
marillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.