Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 16 2013, 02:54 PM   #1
EmoBorg
Captain

Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Nicolas Cage will star in the reboot of the 2000's
Left Behind: The Movie.

http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf...hind_rebo.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRfc3ybbPg
EmoBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 03:03 PM   #2
Pingfah
Admiral

Re: Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Weird, I've never heard of this before. I just looked up Left Behind, i'm amazed that such a moronic concept has such wide appeal.
Old August 16 2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

That shit was way popular several years ago. There must be renewed interest because Obama is the Antichrist.
Old August 16 2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Pingfah
Admiral

I'm a bit confused as to who it is supposed to appeal to. Is this whole series created just to allow Christians to feel smug and get their jollies watching atheists and muslims slaughter each other?

Doesn't sound very... Christian.
Old August 16 2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

Nicolas Cage's career choices vary as wildly as does his hairline in his movies. I don't understand how he can make such great movies as Raising Arizona, mediocre movies like Knowing, to plain awful garbage like Ghost Rider. He obviously loves getting a paycheck (who doesn't?) but you'd think he'd be a LITTLE more picky with his roles.
Old August 16 2013, 04:31 PM   #6
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

Pingfah wrote: View Post
Weird, I've never heard of this before. I just looked up Left Behind, i'm amazed that such a moronic concept has such wide appeal.
The Left Behind book series had/has a HUGE following... Even among less-than-evangelical Christians... While certainly not top shelf reading, they are "page turners" and are good for passing the time... I got to about volume 6 before I lost interest...

They are really no different than your average Clive Cussler/Dan Brown thriller/murder/mystery novel.. They just appeal to the ultra-Christians (of which I am not) because they are based on Revelations.

The original movies made of this series are BAD BAD BAD... Kirk Cameron's baby... LOW production values and ham-handed acting at best...

Given a decent sized budget, These might give ol' Nic a career boost...

I'm assuming you find all end of the world, apocalyptic, "we're all gonna die" type literary concepts moronic?
Old August 16 2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Pingfah
Admiral

marillion wrote: View Post
I'm assuming you find all end of the world, apocalyptic, "we're all gonna die" type literary concepts moronic?
Why, are they all the same?
Old August 16 2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

I've seen Wicker Man, its a step up.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 05:49 PM   #9
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
Nicolas Cage's career choices vary as wildly as does his hairline in his movies. I don't understand how he can make such great movies as Raising Arizona, mediocre movies like Knowing, to plain awful garbage like Ghost Rider. He obviously loves getting a paycheck (who doesn't?) but you'd think he'd be a LITTLE more picky with his roles.
Last I heard, he was bankrupt last year and owed several million--like 13 or 14--to the IRS-- in addition to the alimony of two ex-wives and a few very large lawsuits aimed at him, thanks to his taking out loans on his 15 separate homes that he has yet to pay back. In the last few years, he's blown through 150 million dollars and is pretty much broke.

The dude's in serious financial hot water and I guess he just takes the first paycheck that comes along, however awful the film might be. He probably only looks at how much he'll get paid, not how bad the script is.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 06:31 PM   #10
marillion
Vice Admiral

Pingfah wrote: View Post
marillion wrote: View Post
Why, are they all the same?
Just looking for clarification... Are they all moronic, or just the one that millions of people believe is how things will go down based on a chapter in the bible? And how is it any more moronic than other visions of the "end of the world" in either ancient or contemporary literature?
Old August 16 2013, 06:38 PM   #11
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

I liked the Left Behind novels - the ones that weren't prequels, anyway. The prequels were not just lame, they were hyper-lame. (Never seen any of the films, nor do I ever want to.)

And, being Lutheran, I don't subscribe to "pre-millenialism" like the authors do. We are more "a-millenialist". Like so. Yet I can still find the books entertaining even if I don't necessarily agree with the views put forth in them.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 06:56 PM   #12
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Does the bible state that the bodies of those called up in the rapture do not become soulless flesh-eating zombies? 'Cause if not, there's your hit movie for ya!
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 07:06 PM   #13
Dream
Admiral

Why else do you guys think he did "Ghost Rider 2"?
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 07:12 PM   #14
sojourner
Admiral

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
Last I heard, he was bankrupt last year and owed several million--like 13 or 14--to the IRS-- in addition to the alimony of two ex-wives and a few very large lawsuits aimed at him, thanks to his taking out loans on his 15 separate homes that he has yet to pay back. In the last few years, he's blown through 150 million dollars and is pretty much broke.

The dude's in serious financial hot water and I guess he just takes the first paycheck that comes along, however awful the film might be. He probably only looks at how much he'll get paid, not how bad the script is.
I heard that was due to his accountant running off with all his money and not paying the IRS. Left Nic holding the bill so he made arrangements to pay off the IRS by taking any role thrown his way.
Old August 16 2013, 08:35 PM   #15
marillion
Vice Admiral

^^^Next up... Nicolas Cage as.... The Highlander.....