Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old August 15 2013, 01:11 PM   #16
Enow
Lieutenant

Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

sojourner wrote: View Post
Shouldn't this be in the future of trek forum?
Ooops.

Anybody got Leonard Nimoy's phone number so we can ask him to slip into character and give us the time travelling formula to ship this thread out of this sub-forum by hurtling it around the sun back in time to temporally place the thread in its appropriate sub forum?

Or is that too much trouble?
Enow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 01:13 PM   #17
Enow
Lieutenant

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
More like the Fan Fiction forum.
The ideas generated here could go there, providing the members do not mind fanfiction writers using their ideas.
Old August 15 2013, 01:16 PM   #18
Enow
Lieutenant

Viper78 wrote: View Post
I would like to see a Titan series, based around the events just after Nemesis, involving the battle for power on Romulas. The best TNG episodes always included the romulans.

Or possibly a post dominion war series, with the Federation having to rebuild after the losses they suffered.
I really believe that if that were to be the preferential idea for this new show by the creators, it would need spice in the casting like Taylor Swift or Summer Glau.

Whom would you like to see in this TV series of yours?
Old August 15 2013, 02:21 PM   #19
Viper78
Lieutenant Commander

Enow wrote: View Post
I would like to see a Titan series, based around the events just after Nemesis, involving the battle for power on Romulas. The best TNG episodes always included the romulans.

Or possibly a post dominion war series, with the Federation having to rebuild after the losses they suffered.
I really believe that if that were to be the preferential idea for this new show by the creators, it would need spice in the casting like Taylor Swift or Summer Glau.

Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.

I would like to see the post Ds9 series to be a lot darker, in a similar mold to Ron Moore's BSG. Possibly with some of the old DS9 characters, O'Brien, Bashir, Worf.
Old August 15 2013, 03:03 PM   #20
Enow
Lieutenant

Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.

I would like to see the post Ds9 series to be a lot darker, in a similar mold to Ron Moore's BSG. Possibly with some of the old DS9 characters, O'Brien, Bashir, Worf.
That would be great if they can get Frakes, Sirtis, and Russ. One can hope that Frakes is willing to go back and forth alot between being a director & an actor in the series.
Old August 15 2013, 06:21 PM   #21
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.
The characters of Riker and Troi would absolutely have to be recast with new actors a couple of decades younger than the original actors.

T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 07:00 PM   #22
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

A small group of former Starfleet officers who flipped to the Maquis were convicted of a crime they didn't commit. They escaped from prison and are on the run making their living as soldiers of fortune. If you have enough latinum, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire THE AWAY TEAM!
Old August 15 2013, 07:01 PM   #23
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod

That would be great if they can get Frakes, Sirtis, and Russ. One can hope that Frakes is willing to go back and forth alot between being a director & an actor in the series.
Enow, please don't post more than twice in succession - on this board it is considered spamming. You can use the Multi-Quote feature if you want to respond to more than one post.

That said, the Future of Trek forum is a better match for this thread, so I'm moving it there.
Old August 15 2013, 07:12 PM   #24
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Kirby wrote: View Post
A small group of former Starfleet officers who flipped to the Maquis were convicted of a crime they didn't commit. They escaped from prison and are on the run making their living as soldiers of fortune. If you have enough latinum, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire THE AWAY TEAM!
Old August 15 2013, 07:19 PM   #25
Viper78
Lieutenant Commander

T'Girl wrote: View Post
The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.
The characters of Riker and Troi would absolutely have to be recast with new actors a couple of decades younger than the original actors.

I know Nemesis was 11 years ago but they might get away with it? You would hope that if they can make people to look Klingon, Cardassian they surely could knock a few years off of Frakes, Sirtis & Russ.
Old August 15 2013, 07:47 PM   #26
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Why Tim Russ?
Old August 15 2013, 08:11 PM   #27
SeerSGB
Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
After seven-hundred plus hours of Star Trek, I don't think I want another series. I'm happy with a big-budget, big-screen outing every three or four years.

Essentially, I'm still burned-out from the mid-90's glut.
Pretty much the same here. Though I wouldn't mind a new animated series in a animation style similar to Clone Wars.

One thing I'd like, and they won't do it, is have a future Enterprise minus the -"letter". USS Enterprise, NCC-<randomnumber>. It was nice withe the "-A", though even as early as TNG when they announce the "-D", I was thinking it was goofy.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 08:47 PM   #28
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Why Tim Russ?
Tuvok is part of the crew in the Titan novel series.
Old August 15 2013, 09:01 PM   #29
Viper78
Lieutenant Commander

Why Tim Russ?
He sure is, I'm on the 3rd Titan book at the moment.
Old August 15 2013, 11:46 PM   #30
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Why Tim Russ?
Any Titan series should be independant of the novels.

Riker and Troi yes, but beyond them the production team should have a free hand with new characters and situations

I'd like the Titan to be a Promethus general style of starship, but a good deal smaller than the ship in that Voyager episode. I like smaller ships, crew of 80 or so people.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
They like to explore lost civilizations to look for treasures and even mine other planets for valuable resources like gold, diamonds, and others
That will only last until they figure out how to use the replicators.
Have them mine materials that can't be replicated.

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
with extra reoccurring characters only when needed
In addition to the main characters, I would want to see a rotating group of reoccuring characters, people like Ro, Barclay, and early O'Brien. People you would see once or twice a season (providing you can get the actor).

T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote