RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,091
Posts: 5,399,176
Members: 24,735
Currently online: 423
Newest member: extremedalek

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 15 2013, 01:11 PM   #16
Enow
Lieutenant
 
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

sojourner wrote: View Post
Shouldn't this be in the future of trek forum?
Ooops.

Anybody got Leonard Nimoy's phone number so we can ask him to slip into character and give us the time travelling formula to ship this thread out of this sub-forum by hurtling it around the sun back in time to temporally place the thread in its appropriate sub forum?

Or is that too much trouble?
Enow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 01:13 PM   #17
Enow
Lieutenant
 
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
More like the Fan Fiction forum.
The ideas generated here could go there, providing the members do not mind fanfiction writers using their ideas.
Enow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 01:16 PM   #18
Enow
Lieutenant
 
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Viper78 wrote: View Post
I would like to see a Titan series, based around the events just after Nemesis, involving the battle for power on Romulas. The best TNG episodes always included the romulans.

Or possibly a post dominion war series, with the Federation having to rebuild after the losses they suffered.
I really believe that if that were to be the preferential idea for this new show by the creators, it would need spice in the casting like Taylor Swift or Summer Glau.

Whom would you like to see in this TV series of yours?
Enow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 02:21 PM   #19
Viper78
Lieutenant Commander
 
Viper78's Avatar
 
Location: Scotland
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Enow wrote: View Post
Viper78 wrote: View Post
I would like to see a Titan series, based around the events just after Nemesis, involving the battle for power on Romulas. The best TNG episodes always included the romulans.

Or possibly a post dominion war series, with the Federation having to rebuild after the losses they suffered.
I really believe that if that were to be the preferential idea for this new show by the creators, it would need spice in the casting like Taylor Swift or Summer Glau.

Whom would you like to see in this TV series of yours?
Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.

I would like to see the post Ds9 series to be a lot darker, in a similar mold to Ron Moore's BSG. Possibly with some of the old DS9 characters, O'Brien, Bashir, Worf.
__________________
IF IN DOUBT, FLAT OUT!!!
Colin McRae 1968-2007
Viper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 03:03 PM   #20
Enow
Lieutenant
 
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Viper78 wrote: View Post
Enow wrote: View Post
Viper78 wrote: View Post
I would like to see a Titan series, based around the events just after Nemesis, involving the battle for power on Romulas. The best TNG episodes always included the romulans.

Or possibly a post dominion war series, with the Federation having to rebuild after the losses they suffered.
I really believe that if that were to be the preferential idea for this new show by the creators, it would need spice in the casting like Taylor Swift or Summer Glau.

Whom would you like to see in this TV series of yours?
Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.

I would like to see the post Ds9 series to be a lot darker, in a similar mold to Ron Moore's BSG. Possibly with some of the old DS9 characters, O'Brien, Bashir, Worf.
That would be great if they can get Frakes, Sirtis, and Russ. One can hope that Frakes is willing to go back and forth alot between being a director & an actor in the series.
Enow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 06:21 PM   #21
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Viper78 wrote: View Post
The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.
The characters of Riker and Troi would absolutely have to be recast with new actors a couple of decades younger than the original actors.

T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 07:00 PM   #22
Kirby
Rear Admiral
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Location: Alt: 5280
View Kirby's Twitter Profile
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

A small group of former Starfleet officers who flipped to the Maquis were convicted of a crime they didn't commit. They escaped from prison and are on the run making their living as soldiers of fortune. If you have enough latinum, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire THE AWAY TEAM!
__________________
Henderson!!!!
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 07:01 PM   #23
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod
 
Misfit Toy's Avatar
 
Location: Transporter buffer
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Enow wrote: View Post
Viper78 wrote: View Post
Enow wrote: View Post

I really believe that if that were to be the preferential idea for this new show by the creators, it would need spice in the casting like Taylor Swift or Summer Glau.

Whom would you like to see in this TV series of yours?
Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.

I would like to see the post Ds9 series to be a lot darker, in a similar mold to Ron Moore's BSG. Possibly with some of the old DS9 characters, O'Brien, Bashir, Worf.
That would be great if they can get Frakes, Sirtis, and Russ. One can hope that Frakes is willing to go back and forth alot between being a director & an actor in the series.
Enow, please don't post more than twice in succession - on this board it is considered spamming. You can use the Multi-Quote feature if you want to respond to more than one post.

That said, the Future of Trek forum is a better match for this thread, so I'm moving it there.
__________________
Woof.
Misfit Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 07:12 PM   #24
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Kirby wrote: View Post
A small group of former Starfleet officers who flipped to the Maquis were convicted of a crime they didn't commit. They escaped from prison and are on the run making their living as soldiers of fortune. If you have enough latinum, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire THE AWAY TEAM!
__________________
"I tell you what you all need, you need to take a thirteenth step, down off your high horse." - Hank Hill, King of the Hill
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 07:19 PM   #25
Viper78
Lieutenant Commander
 
Viper78's Avatar
 
Location: Scotland
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Viper78 wrote: View Post
The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.
The characters of Riker and Troi would absolutely have to be recast with new actors a couple of decades younger than the original actors.

I know Nemesis was 11 years ago but they might get away with it? You would hope that if they can make people to look Klingon, Cardassian they surely could knock a few years off of Frakes, Sirtis & Russ.
__________________
IF IN DOUBT, FLAT OUT!!!
Colin McRae 1968-2007
Viper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 07:47 PM   #26
Hober Mallow
Commodore
 
Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Viper78 wrote: View Post
Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.
Why Tim Russ?
__________________
"Beep... beep!" --Captain Pike
Hober Mallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 08:11 PM   #27
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: Out There...That Away
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

BillJ wrote: View Post
After seven-hundred plus hours of Star Trek, I don't think I want another series. I'm happy with a big-budget, big-screen outing every three or four years.

Essentially, I'm still burned-out from the mid-90's glut.
Pretty much the same here. Though I wouldn't mind a new animated series in a animation style similar to Clone Wars.

One thing I'd like, and they won't do it, is have a future Enterprise minus the -"letter". USS Enterprise, NCC-<randomnumber>. It was nice withe the "-A", though even as early as TNG when they announce the "-D", I was thinking it was goofy.
__________________
- SeerSGB -
"I've made many mistakes, and it's about time that I did something about that." The Doctor (Deep Breath)
| Zombie Bots From Mars! |
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 08:47 PM   #28
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Viper78 wrote: View Post
Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.
Why Tim Russ?
Tuvok is part of the crew in the Titan novel series.
__________________
"I tell you what you all need, you need to take a thirteenth step, down off your high horse." - Hank Hill, King of the Hill
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 09:01 PM   #29
Viper78
Lieutenant Commander
 
Viper78's Avatar
 
Location: Scotland
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

BillJ wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Viper78 wrote: View Post
Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.
Why Tim Russ?
Tuvok is part of the crew in the Titan novel series.
He sure is, I'm on the 3rd Titan book at the moment.
__________________
IF IN DOUBT, FLAT OUT!!!
Colin McRae 1968-2007
Viper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 11:46 PM   #30
T'Girl
Vice Admiral
 
T'Girl's Avatar
 
Re: What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

BillJ wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Why Tim Russ?
Tuvok is part of the crew in the Titan novel series.
Any Titan series should be independant of the novels.

Riker and Troi yes, but beyond them the production team should have a free hand with new characters and situations

I'd like the Titan to be a Promethus general style of starship, but a good deal smaller than the ship in that Voyager episode. I like smaller ships, crew of 80 or so people.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Enow wrote: View Post
They like to explore lost civilizations to look for treasures and even mine other planets for valuable resources like gold, diamonds, and others
That will only last until they figure out how to use the replicators.
Have them mine materials that can't be replicated.

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
with extra reoccurring characters only when needed
In addition to the main characters, I would want to see a rotating group of reoccuring characters, people like Ro, Barclay, and early O'Brien. People you would see once or twice a season (providing you can get the actor).

T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.