Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old August 15 2013, 05:36 AM   #481
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Praetor wrote: View Post
Well played.
Nerds.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 05:46 AM   #482
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

The Keeper wrote: View Post
The film opens in the Prime Universe, Barclay is attempting to discover what happened to Spock by conducting some experiments with Red Matter. Suddenly a miniature Black Hole opens. Barclay sticks his head through the Event Horizon where he sees...

?
NuBarclay.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2013, 02:12 PM   #483
austen_pierce
Captain

Medical Thriller... plague. Give Karl Urban one more chance to steal the movie.

Phily B wrote: View Post
how about klingon borg
I'm anti-borg, but I like this concept... how about a menace that goes after someone other than humans/Earth for a change?

publiusr wrote: View Post
Spock Prime should have ignored the temporal prime directive and mind melded with new Spock, so as to have him able to explain plot points to the audience and have a leg up.
But Spock Prime melded with NuKirk in Trek 2009. The utility of what you suggest already exists.

Sorry everyone, playing catch-up.

Last edited by M'Sharak; August 18 2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: to merge three consecutive posts into one
austen_pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2013, 03:33 PM   #484
Mage
Commodore

austen_pierce wrote: View Post
how about a menace that goes after someone other than humans/Earth for a change?
I like that. Kirk and crew trying to prevent a disaster on/to another planet. You still have big scale events, but not a threat to Earth for a change.

Last edited by M'Sharak; August 18 2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: changed quote pointer to reflect merged posts
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2013, 08:23 PM   #485
austen_pierce
Captain

Mage wrote: View Post
austen_pierce wrote: View Post
how about a menace that goes after someone other than humans/Earth for a change?
I like that. Kirk and crew trying to prevent a disaster on/to another planet. You still have big scale events, but not a threat to Earth for a change.
Thanks, buddy! Some will say that we already got this in the Narada's attack on Vulcan and the Volcano sequence from Into Darkness, so I want to be clear that I'm talking about having that be the PRIMARY plot, potentially in a setting where they're not even wanted. (?)

To clarify further, aside from Enterprise and crew, I don't want Earth involved AT ALL. No Insurrection or Avatar knock offs please!

Last edited by M'Sharak; August 18 2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: changed quote pointer to reflect merged posts
Old August 18 2013, 11:52 PM   #486
geneo
Lieutenant

The film opens in the Prime Universe, Barclay is attempting to discover what happened to Spock by conducting some experiments with Red Matter. Suddenly a miniature Black Hole opens. Barclay sticks his head through the Event Horizon where he sees...

?
Kirk on his way down to the Deflector control room on the Enterprise B.
geneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 02:49 AM   #487
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

It will be a remake....ah.....homage to Yesterday's Enterprise. A temporal anomaly tosses the Enterprise 100 years into the future where they meet the crew of the Enterprise-D. The D is involved in long term war with the Klingon Empire. A war that was ignited by the actions of a certain Captain James T. Kirk In addition to Picard, Data and the rest, also on board the D is Old NuSpock (Leonard Nimoy) The dilemmas, save the D from the Klingons ( who would love to get a hold of James T. Kirk the quintessential devil in this matter), Return home and see if they can change the future ( should they?) Of course they defeat the Klingons and save the D. They enter time warp and wind up....

In 2015!!!!!! Cliff hanger for the next movie: Tomorrow is Yesterday/Voyage Home/Assignment Earth
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 04:15 AM   #488
Opus
Commodore

Only if Tom Hardy plays Picard.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 07:27 AM   #489
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Or James McAvoy.
Old August 19 2013, 11:51 AM   #490
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

No, Tom Hardy plays Picard, James McAvoy plays Tom Hardy in the 2015 bits.
Old August 19 2013, 05:23 PM   #491
Opus
Commodore

As long as Ian McKellen plays Patrick Stewart.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 05:23 PM   #492
Praetor
Vice Admiral

And Ian McKellen plays an aged Kirk? Love it.

Edit: Darn you, Opus.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 06:30 PM   #493
WarpFactorZ
Captain

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post

?
NuBarclay.
Played by Sharlto Copley?...
WarpFactorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2013, 12:10 AM   #494
austen_pierce
Captain

Pondslider wrote: View Post
Star Trek 3 will be the Enterprise going into the mirror universe and encountering mirror universe Pike who tries to destroy them. In order to defeat him Kirk has to seek the help of the mirror universe version of George Kirk who still looks young enough for some reason that they can bring back Hemsworth.
Kirk vs Pike. Interesting....
Old August 21 2013, 08:27 PM   #495
Flake
Commodore

The Trek fanboy in me has officially decided that it wants the next movie to be a crossover between the nu-Universe and the TNG era prime universe complete with Enterprise-E and whatever other ship and TNG era crew member they can throw in.

To see the TNG-era and all the old guard again in stupendous big-budget IMAX vision would give us all multiple fangasms and send this forum into a meltdown of epic proportions whilst bits of images and snippets of information leak out.

The Enterprise-E and the nu-Ent teaming up? Make it so.

The possibilities for cameos from the TNG era people are endless and just seeing those sets, ships & people again would be wonderful.

The catalyst for such an odd event should be Q or something.

Make it so?

But would it appeal to the mass market? Would it fuck. Oh well. Fanboy portion of my brain is not letting this go though.
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote