Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Old August 13 2013, 10:48 PM   #121
Maab
Lieutenant

Re: The Official Deleted/Alternate Material Thread

Well, you know I like picture galleries...

This is a behind the scenes picture of the deleted child scene of TWOK.
Along with the three previous pictures posted by Grant, this is all that can be found on that scene.

It would be nice to know where the other two pictures from the transporter room come from, to do better scans.

Maab
Maab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2013, 02:32 AM   #122
CaptainBearclaw
Lieutenant Commander

Wow, this would've made the movie a whole lot darker. I didn't even know the existence of some of these pictures. Where are they found? I kinda want to try to get original sources for any pictures found. Kind of a weird disposition of mine.
CaptainBearclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2013, 09:08 AM   #123
Maab
Lieutenant

CaptainBearclaw wrote: View Post
Wow, this would've made the movie a whole lot darker. I didn't even know the existence of some of these pictures. Where are they found? I kinda want to try to get original sources for any pictures found. Kind of a weird disposition of mine.
The backstage picture I've posted comes from a issue of Star Blazer magazine (see http://mystartrekscrapbook.blogspot....star-trek.html).

I believe the window picture comes from a videogame magazine, but I may be wrong on this. I remember I read it somewhere, but I can't find where.

I have no idea about the other two pictures (infact I've asked the same thing).

I also think it's important to track the sources of these images (in my Memory Wall page I've indicated source for every picture), beside, as I said, the remaining two pictures are both low quality, so they should be re-scanned from the sources.

By the way, this Star Blazer magazine (another issue of course), is the same one with a full set of very rare and never-again-seen pictures of the Memory Wall from TMP, like this one: http://www.marcellorossi.info/Memory/UT_07.jpg
I've been looking for it on Ebay for years.

Maab
Old August 14 2013, 09:21 AM   #124
Maurice
Vice Admiral

The color pictures were scanned by ME from a short-lived magazine called RetroVision, and appeared in issue #2 in an article called Star Trek Outtakes, by Tom Rogers, and discussed in other threads on this board, notably The Rugrat of Khan.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2013, 11:59 AM   #125
Maab
Lieutenant

Maurice wrote: View Post
The color pictures were scanned by ME from a short-lived magazine called RetroVision, and appeared in issue #2 in an article called Star Trek Outtakes, by Tom Rogers, and discussed in other threads on this board, notably The Rugrat of Khan.
Thanks Maurice! I remebered I saw them here, but I couldn't find the thread. Also, I don't know why, I remembered something like "retrogaming" instead of "RetroVision".

But is this picture also from that same magazine as well?

It doesn't seem so.

Maab
Old August 14 2013, 10:09 PM   #126
mb22
Lieutenant Commander

I'm surprised that kid hasn't surfaced by now. He would be about 33 years old. Also it's interesting that cut scenes in three Trek films (II, III, and IV) all involve children.
mb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 12:25 AM   #127
Maab
Lieutenant

mb22 wrote: View Post
I'm surprised that kid hasn't surfaced by now. He would be about 33 years old.
Interesting tought. I've looked in the film's credit but there is no mention of him. Anybody knows who the young actor might be?

Also it's interesting that cut scenes in three Trek films (II, III, and IV) all involve children.
Well, just a coincidence... I suppose.

Maab
Old August 15 2013, 01:51 AM   #128
trevanian
Rear Admiral

INS:
Ru'afo's face lift was cut down to remove some of his skin being stretched.
Picard has a disastrous attempt at a working lunch.
Riker and Troi flirt in the ship's library.
Picard and Anij kiss.
Data beams out of a buckling Cousteau.
A short discussion of the injector was removed.
Ru'afo was originally ejected into the planet's rings, growing progressively younger.
A small cameo by Quark was cut out.
The beaming out of a disintegrating captain's yacht was scripted but I don't know that anything was really shot. I interviewed the VFX guys at SBS just a few weeks prior to release when they were about to tackle their end of the reshoots for the new ending, and at least one of the guys there mentioned how disappointed they were about the Data beaming out of the distintegrating yacht thing falling out VERY early. They might not even have done animatics for it, though I imagine somebody at Paramount would have storyboarded it during preproduction.
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 03:10 AM   #129
CaptainBearclaw
Lieutenant Commander

trevanian, I believe that scene is in the deleted scenes section of the blu-ray. I watched it many times.
CaptainBearclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 05:20 AM   #130
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Maab wrote: View Post
Thanks Maurice! I remebered I saw them here, but I couldn't find the thread. Also, I don't know why, I remembered something like "retrogaming" instead of "RetroVision".

But is this picture also from that same magazine as well?

It doesn't seem so.

Maab
From the post I linked to above. See the bolded text.

Click HERE for a higher rez version

(Note the stuffed animal behind the Genesis torpedo, probably used to entice the kid towards the prop.)

213A INT. RELIANT TRANSPORTER ROOM 213A

There sits the Genesis torpedo: lights start blinking
in response. As we watch, the CHILD we met on Ceti Alpha
walks to the torpedo and smiles at the lights.

The second image relates to this image posted in another thread by LavianoTS386:

LavianoTS386 said:

—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 06:33 AM   #131
trevanian
Rear Admiral

trevanian, I believe that scene is in the deleted scenes section of the blu-ray. I watched it many times.
That's seriously interesting. So they have footage of Spiner on a partial set backed with bluescreen, along with physical pyro going on?

Might actually have to get the TNG Blu set.
Old August 15 2013, 09:30 AM   #132
Maab
Lieutenant

The second image relates to this image posted in another thread by LavianoTS386:

LavianoTS386 said:

OK, any idea where LavianoTS386 might have taken it from?
The original thread is no longer available.

Maab
Old August 15 2013, 05:37 PM   #133
Grant
Fleet Captain

I'm surprised that kid hasn't surfaced by now. He would be about 33 years old. Also it's interesting that cut scenes in three Trek films (II, III, and IV) all involve children.
Nope, it's cut/unfilmed children scenes in FOUR TOS movies!

The original idea for the Spock flashback in TFF was to hire two younger actors to play Sybok and Spock for the flashback where Sybok leaves Spock behind to follow his own path.

If you listen to the Shatner and his daughter commentary she brings up the fact that they were actively testing young actors for the parts.

For whatever reasons (money, time, creative choice) they instead decided to go with the two older actors pretending to be their younger selves! Wow, was Nimoy terrible in that deleted scene!

So, children scenes filmed for 2 and 3 cut and scripted scenes for 4 and 5 that never got filmed--wow.

But as they say "try and try again" Star Trek 6 finally got a child into the series as Martia's younger disguise in the escape scene!
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 06:38 PM   #134
trevanian
Rear Admiral

Grant wrote: View Post
Nope, it's cut/unfilmed children scenes in FOUR TOS movies!

The original idea for the Spock flashback in TFF was to hire two younger actors to play Sybok and Spock for the flashback where Sybok leaves Spock behind to follow his own path.

If you listen to the Shatner and his daughter commentary she brings up the fact that they were actively testing young actors for the parts.

For whatever reasons (money, time, creative choice) they instead decided to go with the two older actors pretending to be their younger selves! Wow, was Nimoy terrible in that deleted scene!

So, children scenes filmed for 2 and 3 cut and scripted scenes for 4 and 5 that never got filmed--wow.

But as they say "try and try again" Star Trek 6 finally got a child into the series as Martia's younger disguise in the escape scene!

And the 'baby' they deliver at the end of TMP is so gorgeous you can't really see it on-camera after the glow of vger's childbirth.
Old August 16 2013, 12:39 AM   #135
dg1379
Commander

That's...creepy (referring to the TWOK kid)

Last edited by dg1379; August 16 2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: stupid quick post cutoff
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote