Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 9 2013, 03:19 AM   #91
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: Trublood Season 6 discussion *spoilers*

If Manganiello ends up winning the Batman role, Alcide probably won't be on the show for much longer.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 04:06 AM   #92
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

It would certainly be a good trade-off.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 09:30 AM   #93
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

He's the best looking guy on the show. I'm surprised he never got to have sex with Sookie. They really don't know how to tie him into the main plot, though.
Old August 12 2013, 03:35 AM   #94
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Wow. I can't believe Eric ripped that doctor's junk off. Even my wife was cringing at that one.
Old August 13 2013, 02:26 PM   #95
Tom
Rear Admiral

That was a very uneven episode, did not really care for it. Jumping between Terry's funeral (and flashbacks) and the vampire breakout and daylight fun. Also it getting kind of silly to be just keeping Warlow sitting around in the fairy plain. Did anyone like this episode?
Old August 13 2013, 02:45 PM   #96
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I actually liked that they took the time to remember Terry. It sort of felt like their way of acknowledging what a soldier goes through.

I'm kind of surprised that Jason was the only one who remembered Sarah and none of the vampires did. You'd think she'd be at the top of their list.
Old August 13 2013, 06:42 PM   #97
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
I'm kind of surprised that Jason was the only one who remembered Sarah and none of the vampires did. You'd think she'd be at the top of their list.
Well, they were high from the fairy blood.

That said, I also found the episode very uneven. I almost gave up on the show last season and I think I'll call it a day after this one. It has pretty much run its course, nearly all characters have done horrible things by now and the storylines have grown somewhat repetitive. Maybe something epic will happen in the finale but if not, I'm out.
Old August 13 2013, 06:55 PM   #98
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They weren't high from faerie blood, they were high from Lilith's blood, just like last season (though clearly more subdued).

Personally, I've found this season a lot of fun and very interesting. To each their own, I guess.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 07:34 PM   #99
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Count Zero wrote: View Post
That said, I also found the episode very uneven. I almost gave up on the show last season and I think I'll call it a day after this one.
You should call it a day. I only hope that when next season rolls around I won't cave because there is so little on TV. I could... go outside or something?
It has pretty much run its course, nearly all characters have done horrible things by now and the storylines have grown somewhat repetitive. Maybe something epic will happen in the finale but if not, I'm out.
The characters really are a bunch of monsters. Pretty much without a shred of the relatability of the plethora of TV anti-heroes around today. They even had to create that preposterous new boyfriend for the redhead to have a 'good' vampire, since the rest should all be serving consecutive life sentences at best.

The Terry scenes ranged from 'completely tedious' all the way up to 'just ok'. But what really didn't work was the cuts in between the two storylines. It felt to me like they shouldn't have been in the same episode with each other, or at least that they should have focused on each storyline for longer periods of time. It was almost like they were trying to do some kind of.... something? But god knows if I can figure out what.

But hey, at least Terry was a great guy! Oh wait... he's a war criminal right? Nvm

Also why is the Patient Zero delivery of True Blood in Hawaii? Seems to make zero logistical sense, but that probably was the least of this episode's problems.
Old August 13 2013, 10:11 PM   #100
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

Yoda wrote: View Post
Count Zero wrote: View Post
That said, I also found the episode very uneven. I almost gave up on the show last season and I think I'll call it a day after this one.
You should call it a day. I only hope that when next season rolls around I won't cave because there is so little on TV. I could... go outside or something?
I hear they have this thing called nature nowadays.

I only got lured back into the show this season because Bill turned into a Vampire monster at the end of last season. It sounded like an interesting development, especially after he turned out to be some sort of vampire god in this season's first episode. But I feel they haven't really used the potential of that storyline, either.
Old August 14 2013, 09:27 AM   #101
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I thought this was a really good episode. Contrasting the funeral with the events at the prison and then dovetailing with the scene of Jason letting whatsername go was very effective.

Now I'm wondering if this group of vampires is permanently immune to the sun or if it will wear off.
Old August 14 2013, 04:06 PM   #102
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I was wondering the same thing. Bill has been able to spend quite a long time out in the sun after drinking just one little vial of Warlow's Blood. I imagine Eric will need to get out of the sun sooner rather than later though. The effects of drinking Sookie's blood didn't last long on either him or Bill when they drank it in the past.
Old August 19 2013, 07:41 AM   #103
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Wow horrible season finale on top of a horrible season. For a moment there i thought the part with Eric was going to be the cliffhanger. That would have been tragic and yet a comedic way out. Everything that happened beyond that point was just bleh. As usual, I'll watch the show until it ends, which is hopefully soon. :T
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 07:58 AM   #104
Snaploud
Admiral

I haven't seen the finale yet. I assume the vampires will not permanently be able to stay in the sunlight. Otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense that Lillith was able to die from sunlight after drinking Warlowe's blood millenia ago.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 09:25 AM   #105
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

I liked most of this season, but this episode showed why they need to return to 12 episodes. They just sort of copped out of the whole Warlow thing. They completely left the wolf thing dangling (not that that was a particularly compelling storyline anyway).

BSG-style time jump that was weirdly placed and weirdly handled, yet it DOES push the show in another direction. So there's that.

Shouldn't the Hep V vampires have died already instead of becoming bloodthirsty evil zombies? Last week that baby vamp's maker was dying from just one dose of tainted TruBlood. So how are these ones still alive after 6 months?

Violet has actually grown on me. Her pairing with Jason is funny and the "I <3 u truly, madly, deeply" shirt she had on made me laugh out loud. She's actually kind of adorable. In a weird way.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote