Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 13 2013, 03:36 AM   #76
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

I agree, revenge isn't Walt's style. Every single murder he's committed has been a pragmatic murder. Maybe he would kill Hank if it would legally protect him and his family, but he wouldn't do it just because he's pissed.

@Sketcher

If Walt wanted to commit suicide, he'd be able to come up with quicker more painless ways to do it than ricin. I got the impression he wanted the M16 just for general on the run self protection.

@davejames

Walter has legitimate reasons to be seen with Fring, Fring made sure of that. Heck, Hank brought Walter directly to Fring's chicken place to have him place a tracking device on Fring's car. How many people have really seen him with Jesse besides criminal associates? And who saw him at the laundry, besides immigrant workers smart enough to just do their job and not ask questions? I don't think there's enough circumstantial evidence without something concrete.

Now, if he managed to follow somebody to that giant stack of money, that'd work.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 04:20 AM   #77
J.T.B.
Commodore

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
If Walt wanted to commit suicide, he'd be able to come up with quicker more painless ways to do it than ricin. I got the impression he wanted the M16 just for general on the run self protection.
It's not an M16, it's an M60, the belt-fed machine gun of Vietnam fame. It's a large and bulky weapon, generally operated by a team of two in service. For one person to operate effectively it pretty much needs to be in a fixed position, and Walt is not exactly Rambo. The implication to me is Walt would use it for defense of a "dug in" position, or a surprise assault on some hardened or well-defended target.
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 09:57 AM   #78
Capt. Vulcan
Vice Admiral

gblews wrote: View Post
Sephiroth wrote: View Post
Yes, a simple check of bank records and an assets check would prove that Hank wasn't receiving any money from Walt.
The house Hank lives in is in an incredibly expensive neighborhood (million plus level homes) how the hell did he afford it?

On his police officer's salary, obviously -- unless Hank has been on the take from Walt or some other drug lord ALLLLLL this time.
Or you know... his wife's Doctor salary.
Old August 13 2013, 10:35 AM   #79
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I just finished watching Talking Bad.

I love Julie Bowen more than chocolate.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 12:57 PM   #80
J.T.B.
Commodore

Capt. Vulcan wrote: View Post
Or you know... his wife's Doctor salary.
She's not a doctor, IIRC she's a radiology tech.
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 01:53 PM   #81
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I agree, revenge isn't Walt's style. Every single murder he's committed has been a pragmatic murder. Maybe he would kill Hank if it would legally protect him and his family, but he wouldn't do it just because he's pissed.
I think Mike would disagree.
Old August 13 2013, 02:55 PM   #82
Tom
Rear Admiral

I wonder when the tracer was put on Walt's car, I ask because we know he made a trip to Saul's to get the 5 mill then to Jesse's to give it back to him. So does Hank know he went to Jesse's place I wonder.
Old August 13 2013, 03:00 PM   #83
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Isn't it the kind of GPS where they have to get the actual device back to see hwere it's been? If that's the case, it doesn't matter now. Walt has it and Hank can see that.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 03:16 PM   #84
Beagleman
Captain

Star Trek scene animated!:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3744549.html
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 04:18 PM   #85
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I was a little disappointed that the confrontation came so quickly. I envisioned more of a cat and mouse game where Hank knows or strongly suspects Walt's involvement and proceeds with a clandestne investigation while Walt suspects Hank knows and adds heading Hank off at every pass, to his juggling act.
I'm actually glad that the confrontation came so early because I envisioned the same thing. One of the great things about Breaking Bad is that they ying when we expect them to yang. Like what they did with Tuco. I was expecting him to be the antagonist for the second season but he was killed off two episodes in, which allowed season 2 to develop in unexpected ways. A similar thing happened with the cousins in season 3. It's why I was actually a little disappointed that season 4 dragged out the Gus conflict the whole season. (Although, it was still an amazing season of television.)

By putting the Walt/Hank confrontation in the first episode, my conception of how the season would play out has been shattered. I have no idea now how things with Hank will play out now, and I'm more excited than ever to find out.
Old August 13 2013, 04:26 PM   #86
Tom
Rear Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
^ Isn't it the kind of GPS where they have to get the actual device back to see hwere it's been? If that's the case, it doesn't matter now. Walt has it and Hank can see that.
I would think in this day and age it would just be tracked by Satellites with real-time data. Heck Walts's new black Audi probably has On-star that can track it to (under a court warrant ).
Old August 13 2013, 05:05 PM   #87
Chuck Finley
Commander

Tom wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I would think in this day and age it would just be tracked by Satellites with real-time data. Heck Walts's new black Audi probably has On-star that can track it to (under a court warrant ).
That's the key word here, warrant. Everything Hank has done so far, is warrantless. Hank may be making a huge mistake here. I think he's made similar mistakes as well. Even though he was right about the laundry, he still had no hard evidence. The same can be said about Walt. The book itself is completely inadmissible and even if it were, I'm sure Saul could worm his way around it. The tracking devise is also useless. Though it may show that he went to Saul's or Jesse's, it still proves nothing. It only proves that he does know Jesse Pinkman, who is a former student of his. Saul could worm his way around that as well. So far, Hank has nothing conclusive.

I wonder if Walt becomes a known crime boss by the end. Kind of like Capone or John Ghatti. They have no evidence to convict, but
everyone knows he's guilty?

I don't want this show to end, but at the same time, I can't wait for Sunday.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 05:45 PM   #88
Tom
Rear Admiral

Trying to think of other things Hank could discover to incriminate Walt, not that Hank has a specific reason to concentrate on Walt.
Old August 13 2013, 07:13 PM   #89
Ryan8bit
Commodore

The Voyager comment was priceless. I wonder how many people could really understand that context.

Although that scene really did go on for way too long, even for me!
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 08:34 PM   #90
Tom
Rear Admiral

And the real Star Trek fans saying..Voyager is in the Delta Quadrant not Gamma! LOL