Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 12 2013, 03:11 AM   #31
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile
Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

"Tread lightly" indeed.

I noticed that Badger was right that tulaberries come from the Gamma Quadrant, but Skinny Pete was wrong about the show being Voyager.
Old August 12 2013, 03:15 AM   #32
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Loved the Trek references. Somebody on the writing staff is a big Trekkie.

Thought it was a strong start to the final season.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 03:29 AM   #33
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile

I am glad they decided not to drag out the confrontation over the whole season. The next seven will be pretty intense now that the air has been cleared.
Old August 12 2013, 03:34 AM   #34
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

That confrontation at the end was amazing and Hank punching Walt was satisfying. Hank has suffered more than anyone because of Walt's actions. To play up the Star Trek theme, Hank is facing a no-win scenario.

He might not know who Walt is anymore but he knows how far Walt's reach can go. He risks shattering his family and destroying his career...Hank's not even going to be able to get a job as a security guard because of his connection to Walt. So does he let cancer take his cost (eliminating Heisenberg and preserving his family and job) or does he turn Walt in?

My only complaint is that it was really stupid of Hank to take the book out of the bathroom. Just take a picture of the writing on a camera phone.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 05:08 AM   #35
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

That whole thing was...wow. The scene between Walt and Hank was the one I've been waiting for for five seasons, and it didn't disappoint. Of course Walt would be a lying sack of shit who would play innocent. Of course he would. And his bald-faced lies to Jessie about Mike? What a tool.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I couldn't believe how long they let that scene go on. Most shows might throw in a nod or two if they wanted to show that a character is a Trekkie, but that was hard-core.

Thought it was a strong start to the final season.
It was like really great sex. Mind blown.
Old August 12 2013, 05:20 AM   #36
J.T.B.
Commodore

It was great, my only minor objection was a TOS fan wouldn't use a hard G in "Rigel."

Great setup for the rest of the season, I'm really looking forward to it.
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 05:22 AM   #37
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

^They also mispronounced "tulaberries" (TULL-uh-beries rather than TOO-lah-berries).
Old August 12 2013, 06:07 AM   #38
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

They got a lot of shit wrong, but I don't know if they got it wrong because it doesn't matter, or they got it wrong because the speaker was a burnout drop kick.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 07:23 AM   #39
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

So.....the question is obvious. How long before Walt realizes that Jesse Pinkman is a threat to him? Hank he might manipulate into leaving him alone by threatening his career with the DEA, but Hank and Jesse have history, you know. Hey there, Jesse. Got a little conscience going on, Jesse? How'd you like to screw over Walt for a little immunity from prosecution there, kid? If Jesse even suspects that Walt poisoned his girlfriend's son, he has zero motivation to protect Walt, cancer or no.

Nice to see Jesse not buying Walt's bullshit. Jesse's no longer trusting, and he was never stupid. Him putting together than Walt never would have gone after Mike's men in jail if Mike were living was sound reasoning. I wonder if that poison Walt was getting out of the outlet was for Jesse. He's not going to a shootout with that, and who else is he going to need to killy on the sly? Will Walt stoop that low? I say he will. If that cancer goes into remission as the full head of hair indicates, Walt is going to want his happily ever after. or at least want to evade prison. Jesse can send him to prison.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 07:27 AM   #40
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

I have a funny feeling that ricin in the cold open is intended for Jessie.
Old August 12 2013, 07:53 AM   #41
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

the ricin is for Hank, the m-60 is for Jesse
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 08:09 AM   #42
Mojochi
Commodore

If he was serious about retiring in the first place, he probably should have just killed Lydia. She's never been a stable influence anyhow
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 08:14 AM   #43
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Yes, but killing Jesse would be the most gruesome yet appropriate end result of Walter White's total moral decay. I can see Vince Gilligan going there at the end.

I have a funny feeling that ricin in the cold open is intended for Jessie.
Dead men can't get immunity to testify against you in court. Jesse knows where all the bodies are buried. Literally.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 08:36 AM   #44
Chuck Finley
Commander

I'm not going to abbreviate, OH MY GOD! This was incredible, I did not see a confrontation coming right off the bat. I did anticipate Lydia attempting to reel Walt back in. When Walt began to walk away from Hank, I knew he wouldn't just let it go, but I thought he would be more coy about it. Walt just threatened Hank in full Heisenberg mode.

The Star Trek references were awesome and I think it was intentional that Beaver was screwing up his facts.

The opening sequence was quite revealing. At this point, the house is dilapidated and Heisenberg is written on the wall. A significant amount of time would have to pass for a house to be in that bad of shape. I'm thinking maybe a year or two. Obviously the cat is out of the bag. I almost wonder if Walt has faked his death at that point.

Jesse, well, I knew he was growing a conscious and obviously, he does not believe Walt. I'm glad they cut to the chase and we'll see things move along pretty quickly, I believe.
Chuck Finley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 02:44 PM   #45
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

InklingStar wrote: View Post
I am glad they decided not to drag out the confrontation over the whole season. The next seven will be pretty intense now that the air has been cleared.
It reminded me of the season 7 premiere of Dexter in that respect.