RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,403
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 573
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old July 31 2013, 01:18 AM   #46
Procutus
Admiral

Re: MIRROR DARKLY-seven years old. Still hold up? Your thoughts.

Melakon wrote: View Post
Mike, it's a real labor of love by everyone on the production, many thanks.

Second that. I remember watching both parts and commentating live, and I have to say that in a season that was excellent, this two-parter stood above everything else, IMO. Loved it then, and have enjoyed multiple viewings of it over the years.

Come to think of it, it's just about time to break the DVD out once again.

Old August 6 2013, 04:07 AM   #47
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

I didn't think much of the 2 parter,they weren't as evil as the original MU characters were.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 04:44 AM   #48
t_smitts
Commander

TheSubCommander wrote: View Post
Push The Button wrote: View Post
It was nice to see a Constitution class starship in operation again, even under these circumstances.
Yes it was! And I think they did such a great job with Defiant that oddly the TOS remastered shot of the Enterprise don't look quite as well as the job they did in IAMD.

As for IAMD, this is still one of my all time favorite ENT episodes, and in fact, my all time Star Trek episodes. It definitely still holds up for me. The only 2 complaints I have with it are
1. they killed practically everyone off, so returning to that universe would only have featured Hoshi and Mayweather.
2. The CGI for the Gorn doesn't hold up well, and I always had an issue with it not being consistent with the Gorn from Arena. Granted it moved a lot better but just didn't look like the same species to me. Looked more like a Velociraptor.
1. Actually, if you listen to the producer commentary, they note that none of the main characters are definitively dead, because they wanted to ensure the possibility of revisiting the mirror universe later on. (Not sure how I feel about that, since DS9 definitely went to that particular well a few too many times).

2. I just assumed the Gorn Archer fought was in a bit better shape than the one Kirk fought. Kind of the Jason Statham of Gorn, if you will.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote