Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old August 8 2013, 10:48 PM   #16
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: Lindelof not writing next trek movie?

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
I have just noticed something really strange about Orci and Kurtzman when it comes to films.

Many all their films (transformers 1 and 2, cowboys and aliens) seems to get bad reviews when JJ Abram's is not the director of the film.

I wonder how the critics would have judged STiD if JJ wasn't the director. I doubt it would be sitting comfortably at an 87% fresh on RT.
All righty then, who the frack do you people think would be the best to write and produce a third movie? (Myself, I'd say Peter Jackson and JMS, but when I said that, I was blasted to the far wall and back!)

Please let the rest of us that were satisfied with the current movie know.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2013, 08:40 AM   #17
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Good, Lindelof is the worst thing to happen to sci-fi Since FOX's "fuck science fiction" policy. Now if only Orci and Kurtzman would bow out (hopefully while issuing an apology for their entire career) I'd be happy.
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2013, 09:35 AM   #18
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
Now if only Orci and Kurtzman would bow out (hopefully while issuing an apology for their entire career) I'd be happy.
Considering how arrogantly Orci comes across in his Trekmovie comments section postings, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2013, 11:27 AM   #19
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Of some tangental (is that a word?) interest, Lindelof speaks of an earlier planned ending to Into Darkness, involving Uhura talking down a Klingon war fleet that followed the Enterprise and Vengeance back to Earth: http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-6/damon...uel-almost-had
Old August 13 2013, 02:59 AM   #20
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Tosk wrote:
Considering how arrogantly Orci comes across in his Trekmovie comments section postings, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Compared to some of the fanboy commenters, he really doesn't look that bad.
Old August 13 2013, 03:57 AM   #21
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Now if only Orci and Kurtzman would bow out (hopefully while issuing an apology for their entire career) I'd be happy.
Hey, I liked Transformers. The only bad parts were a result of Steven Spielberg insisting on the "boy and his car" coming of age story. If they'd cut those parts out, made Josh Duhamel's character the lead, figured out a way to get Optimus Prime in the movie sooner, and tied in the hackers better, it would've been a great movie.
Old August 13 2013, 05:15 PM   #22
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
All righty then, who the frack do you people think would be the best to write and produce a third movie? (Myself, I'd say Peter Jackson and JMS, but when I said that, I was blasted to the far wall and back!)
I like JMS, but I really didn't think much of his proposal for Trek TV reboot.
Old August 13 2013, 10:02 PM   #23
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

bullethead wrote: View Post
Hey, I liked Transformers. The only bad parts were a result of Steven Spielberg insisting on the "boy and his car" coming of age story. If they'd cut those parts out, made Josh Duhamel's character the lead, figured out a way to get Optimus Prime in the movie sooner, and tied in the hackers better, it would've been a great movie.
Tihihi, so basically change the entire film and it would be good.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2013, 09:49 PM   #24
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post

The curious thing is, in a roundabout way, what he wanted for Star Trek came true with the current movies, minus the intended story arc; change everything back to the original characters, ship, and setting, get rid of the holodeck, make the Enterprise smaller, etc.
Old August 14 2013, 11:04 PM   #25
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)

The curious thing is, in a roundabout way, what he wanted for Star Trek came true with the current movies, minus the intended story arc; change everything back to the original characters, ship, and setting, get rid of the holodeck, make the Enterprise smaller, etc.
Smaller?! Than what?
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 04:08 AM   #26
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Ovation wrote: View Post

Smaller?! Than what?
Compared to the Starfleet ships seen in the shows set in the 24th Century (TNG, DS9, VOY), obviously.
Old August 15 2013, 02:55 PM   #27
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)

Ovation wrote: View Post

Smaller?! Than what?
Compared to the Starfleet ships seen in the shows set in the 24th Century (TNG, DS9, VOY), obviously.
Umm, no. The Abrams Enterprise is 700+ metres long (according to those who are responsible for making the movie). That's bigger than any TNG version. Sorry. So again, smaller than what?
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 03:03 PM   #28
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

JMS' 2002 proposal didn't say anything about the Enterprise's size. Only that they keep the silhouette but modernize the technology inside and out.

His reboot was a complete break with the old (no wibbly wobbly timey wimey or parallel universes) and reimagining from the ground up, so the size of 24th century ships in TNG and DS9 would matter even less than they do to those behind the current movies and their supersized Enterprise.
Old August 15 2013, 03:22 PM   #29
Jeyl
Commodore

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Tosk wrote:
Compared to some of the fanboy commenters, he really doesn't look that bad.
I criticized STID for not following up on the Romulans since everything that Marcus is doing is the result of Nero destroying Vulcan (The ship is named VENGEANCE for crying out loud). He argued that it was meant to reflect what Bush did when he went after Iraq when they had nothing to do with 9/11, which I counter argued that we went into Afghanistan first. His follow up to that was to tell me to get off of crack. And Bob is now out there preaching about how Ender's Game is about tolerance. Go figure.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15 2013, 07:13 PM   #30
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
JMS' 2002 proposal didn't say anything about the Enterprise's size. Only that they keep the silhouette but modernize the technology inside and out.
That's exactly what I want. Bring back the real SF writers, and I'll be in Trek heaven.