Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old August 9 2013, 12:28 AM   #451
talfe'anhar
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Really, 137th Gebirg? It could be a delayed reaction. But it might not be a good enough storyline, unless he allies with the Klingons or something. But they would just want to kill him since they most likely blame him for what happened on Kronos. It would have to be some race that wants to wipe out the Klingons and tries to use Kirk to help them. As long as there is a 3rd film, I really don't care what the storyline is!
talfe'anhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 02:04 PM   #452
serenitytrek1
Commander

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Beyerstein wrote: View Post
Another rumor suggesting Rupert Wyatt

http://collider.com/star-trek-3-news-rupert-wyatt/
This news I like MUCH better. Rise of the Planet of the Apes was excellent

OMG, this is just bad, just bad...Its like Trek is getting star wars left overs.

JJ exists the chair to go do the great star wars and trek now get a director who is second rated to JJ...urgh.

please get the director from the first Thor film instead or Iron man 1 and 2 director.

Last edited by serenitytrek1; August 9 2013 at 04:07 PM.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 02:11 PM   #453
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I'll wait until I see the actual product before criticizing those who may be involved or the film itself.
Old August 9 2013, 03:08 PM   #454
Opus
Commodore

The 'Can't Wait to Hate' crowd? Already?
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 03:13 PM   #455
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

They had to get started sometime.
Old August 9 2013, 03:36 PM   #456
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

talfe'anhar wrote: View Post
Really, 137th Gebirg? It could be a delayed reaction. But it might not be a good enough storyline, unless he allies with the Klingons or something. But they would just want to kill him since they most likely blame him for what happened on Kronos. It would have to be some race that wants to wipe out the Klingons and tries to use Kirk to help them. As long as there is a 3rd film, I really don't care what the storyline is!
I meant the Shatner thing, not the "dark Kirk" thing.

I actually do like the idea of a "dark Kirk" having some kind of reaction from augment blood and could make quite a good storyline. Make the villain of the next movie out of the hero of the last. Would be uncommon in the Star Trek world, and may be extremely interesting, if done right. They could go a step further and pull Khan out of deep freeze to stop Kirk! There will doubtless be those detractors who will accuse NuTrek of raping their childhood over that over-the-top role-reversal and blah, blah, but I think it could be a hella wild ride, personally.

But for the writers to pull a contrivance out of their collective asses to bring back Shatner for the next one? Nah...I'm a major Shat fan and I wouldn't want to see that. Like I said, the ship has sailed on that one, and I think Bill was right to stay away - it would likely have been nothing more than throw-away stunt-casting. Let this new crew flourish in their own right.

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; August 9 2013 at 03:48 PM.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 05:42 PM   #457
talfe'anhar
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh, OK, I get it. Shatner- no. But dark Kirk? Bring it on! I think Chris Pine could do a great dark version of Kirk, and have Spock and Bones frantically trying to bring him back before it's too late. They didn't go through everything they did to lose him again! And to have Khan thawed out to help them? Yikes! Then will they give him and his people that planet they gave them in TOS? That could work.
Old August 10 2013, 12:37 AM   #458
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Oh, OK, I get it. Shatner- no. But dark Kirk? Bring it on! I think Chris Pine could do a great dark version of Kirk, and have Spock and Bones frantically trying to bring him back before it's too late. They didn't go through everything they did to lose him again! And to have Khan thawed out to help them? Yikes! Then will they give him and his people that planet they gave them in TOS? That could work.
So in other words, in three films, you would never get to see a proper Kirk. Part 1 and 2 are all about hotshot Kirk becoming mature, and Part 3 would be about Kirk being bad for most of the film?
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2013, 02:42 AM   #459
talfe'anhar
Lieutenant Junior Grade

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
So in other words, in three films, you would never get to see a proper Kirk. Part 1 and 2 are all about hotshot Kirk becoming mature, and Part 3 would be about Kirk being bad for most of the film?
No, I want to see a proper Kirk. I'm just throwing out ideas. It is an alternate reality though, so who knows?
Old August 10 2013, 04:17 AM   #460
Opus
Commodore

'Proper' Kirk?

For the original TOS movies, we were made to suffer through Kirk's mid-life crisis.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2013, 07:57 AM   #461
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile

I was discussing this with a Voyager fan at the bookshop.
She's in the right demographic (about 20 or so) so her opinion has to count.
She'd like to see the actual Star Trek actors from VOY in the next movie. Then everyone would want to see it.
They could pepper every background scene of admirals or captains or crew in the next movie with Star Trek alumini. They'd just be extras with no speaking parts. They could be from VOY or TNG or DS9 or TOS or ENT.
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2013, 08:38 AM   #462
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

^Tell her to watch Star Trek: Renegades when it's done. It's practically a Voyager reunion, minus Mulgrew and Ryan.
Old August 10 2013, 09:41 AM   #463
Pondslider
Lieutenant

Star Trek 3 will be the Enterprise going into the mirror universe and encountering mirror universe Pike who tries to destroy them. In order to defeat him Kirk has to seek the help of the mirror universe version of George Kirk who still looks young enough for some reason that they can bring back Hemsworth.
Pondslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2013, 02:06 AM   #464
Dantrek
Ensign

I don't really want to see the Klingon war, we've been through that already. I think since this is a whole new timeline and the new enterprise is a lot more advanced than prime kirks, they should face a stronger adversary. I thought since Neros ship had Borg tech and it was a living vessel, according to star trek countdown, that it sent a message with updated borg tech to the delta quadrant. It would be interesting to see how Kirk would have fought the borg.
Dantrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2013, 02:43 AM   #465
NuFan
Lieutenant Commander

Dantrek wrote: View Post
I don't really want to see the Klingon war, we've been through that already.

Which one was that?
NuFan is offline   Reply With Quote