Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 9 2013, 12:33 AM   #7036
Mike Farley
Commodore

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

DC Editorial is just a freaking train wreck.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 01:15 AM   #7037
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
Right. How many times was the Trinity War changed? I would love some day to find out what the original plan for that was.

Nothing though compares to the mess of Countdown to Final Crisis and Final Crisis...how the hell do those two stories even exist in the same continuity </Reference back to earlier continuity conversation>?
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 02:00 AM   #7038
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Swamp Thing #23: Very curious about this Seeder character. A character with the ability to affect John Constantine like he has and lay back has me intrigued. I'm thinking Seeder is a new character, yes? Wasn't sure if he might be a decades old minor insignificant character given a makeover. And now he's prepping for a full head on with Swamp Thing.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 05:26 AM   #7039
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

^Probably the best book this week.

theenglish wrote: View Post
Mike Farley wrote: View Post
Right. How many times was the Trinity War changed? I would love some day to find out what the original plan for that was.

Nothing though compares to the mess of Countdown to Final Crisis and Final Crisis...how the hell do those two stories even exist in the same continuity </Reference back to earlier continuity conversation>?
This goes to back the whole lack of communications problem at DC and how each editor essentially sees their books as their personal property and refuses to tell their fellow editors anything. DC use to be able get away with this since DC had good to decent editors. Now that isn't true...
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 07:28 AM   #7040
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I just read the Maguire story. Wow. I was looking forward to that book and it's concept.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 03:14 PM   #7041
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Well aside from Batman Annual #2 I am all caught up on Batman. I though Death of the Family was good but it wasn't as good as I imagined it was going to be. For some reason I thought Damian Wayne died at the end of this story. Zero year has been really good so far.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 04:43 PM   #7042
theenglish
Rear Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
Well aside from Batman Annual #2 I am all caught up on Batman. I though Death of the Family was good but it wasn't as good as I imagined it was going to be. For some reason I thought Damian Wayne died at the end of this story. Zero year has been really good so far.
I was expecting big things from this story due to all the hype. I even broke my rule and bought my digital copy of the final issue the day it was released. I thought that something would happen to the Bat family or Alfred that would really affect the books. The build up was really good and the Joker really creeped me out throughout, but the pay off just wasn't there.
Old August 9 2013, 04:49 PM   #7043
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

Because it was all a joke.
Old August 9 2013, 05:04 PM   #7044
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
I was expecting big things from this story due to all the hype. I even broke my rule and bought my digital copy of the final issue the day it was released. I thought that something would happen to the Bat family or Alfred that would really affect the books. The build up was really good and the Joker really creeped me out throughout, but the pay off just wasn't there.
Yes, I thought the payoff would be Damian's death. Seems like a missed opportunity.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 10:22 PM   #7045
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

No one other than Morrison was ever going to kill off Damian. Death of the Family was more about alienating Bruce from his family, which pretty much has happened now. It was more about Joker and Batman and the Joker pulling off a huge joke.

Howard Porter is now the artist on Justice League 3000. It will now come out in November instead of October.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/...ter-on-from-1/

Old August 9 2013, 10:55 PM   #7046
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
No one other than Morrison was ever going to kill off Damian. Death of the Family was more about alienating Bruce from his family, which pretty much has happened now. It was more about Joker and Batman and the Joker pulling off a huge joke.

Howard Porter is now the artist on Justice League 3000. It will now come out in November instead of October.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/...ter-on-from-1/
Not really much information there--has there been a change to the concept? Is Giffen towing the company line or did he actually want Maguire off the book?
Old August 9 2013, 10:58 PM   #7047
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Maguire speaks...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/...maguire-talks/

It just seems like a dysfunctional mess there right now. It would appear there was a disagreement on the tone of the book.

Old August 9 2013, 11:57 PM   #7048
kirk55555
Commodore

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Looks like Keith Maguire has been dumped off Justice League 3000 and it is to be reworked from scratch...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/...-from-scratch/
I was kind of excited for a book by the guys who did my favorite JL era, but DC does not need another dark and gritty book. 90% of their books are dark and gritty. My interest in this book just went way down.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2013, 04:18 AM   #7049
Mr Light
Admiral

I also expected something more important to happen at the end of Death of the Family. I thought Alfred was gonna be blinded by acid.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2013, 04:33 AM   #7050
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Not really much information there--has there been a change to the concept? Is Giffen towing the company line or did he actually want Maguire off the book?
I think Giffen is toeing the company line.

It sounds like what DC wanted -- dark, gritty -- wasn't what they were getting from Maguire, which sounds like everyone wasn't on the same page.

If Giffen wants to do a dark and gritty 31st century book, I'm there. My favorite Legion era is Giffen's "Five Years Later" era, which is all kinds of dark and gritty. If that's what DC wanted, Maguire is the wrong artist for that.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote