Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 8 2013, 01:08 AM   #1141
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

JD wrote: View Post
...They also never actually showed Scott die or showed his body, we only saw Jean reacting to her believing that she killed him. I could see them saying that he somehow managed to get away just a second before he was disintegrated and that she forgot for some reason, or that The Phoenix wasn't aware of it.
That's how I thought they'll bring him back too but Marsden already said he won't be there for DoFP.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 01:34 AM   #1142
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Your suggested method for him escaping his fate is that he ran away from a psychic capable of disintegrating him faster than she could blink? Uh.

I guess when he drops his glasses and there was no sign of his optical blast doing any damage, he was just *really* fast in covering his eyes, too? Who knew Cyclops could give Quicksilver a run for his money...
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 04:06 AM   #1143
Skywalker
Admiral

I'm still a fan of the idea that the Jean in The Last Stand was actually a clone of the real Jean created by Mr. Sinister (basically Madelyne Pryor), and while "Jean" thought she vaporized Scott, she actually teleported him to Mr. Sinister's location, where he's been performing experiments on both him and the real Jean Grey.

But that would probably require a plot of which Wolverine (or Xavier and Magneto, if you include First Class) isn't the main focus. Crazy, I know.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 04:13 AM   #1144
theenglish
Rear Admiral

After reading the conversation about continuity in the other thread, I am thinking that the writers for this movie really have a much easier challenge than any editors at Marvel trying to maintain continuity within the comic universe.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 07:57 AM   #1145
Pauln6
Commodore

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Your suggested method for him escaping his fate is that he ran away from a psychic capable of disintegrating him faster than she could blink? Uh.

I guess when he drops his glasses and there was no sign of his optical blast doing any damage, he was just *really* fast in covering his eyes, too? Who knew Cyclops could give Quicksilver a run for his money...
They very deliberately left his fate ambiguous. We don't see him disintegrate and Jean only says she thinks she killed Scott.

If he falls unconscious, his own eyes will stop his optic blasts but even if he wasn't, the marauder, Prism, could absorb optic blasts without harm.

Mind you, he was so brittle that Kitty could shatter him if she sneezed. Prism sucked. But he could absorb optic blasts.

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 12:50 PM   #1146
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

I was thinking more along the lines of: Phoenix tries to kill Scott, Jean ports him to safety without her knowing it, and they both think they've killed him.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 02:36 PM   #1147
theenglish
Rear Admiral

bbjeg wrote: View Post

I was thinking more along the lines of: Phoenix tries to kill Scott, Jean ports him to safety without her knowing it, and they both think they've killed him.
When I watched this movie the first time, I was fully expecting Scott to return in the final battle scenes and make a rescue or something. I was surprised when he did not.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 04:54 AM   #1148
JD
Admiral

bbjeg wrote: View Post

I was thinking of something like this. It's a superhero movie, there are a lot of possibilities. Besides isn't it a general rule that a character isn't really dead unless we see a body? We never actually saw him die, we saw his face start to look weird, we saw his glasses floating without him around, and then Jean was sad because she thought she killed him. And there are even times where see or think we see a body and their not dead. At this point I've learned not to rule anything out with 100% certainty.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 02:28 PM   #1149
Trek Survivor
Captain

Perhaps after all the time travel runs its course, and Wolverine (and whichever other future mutants go back with him) return to the 'present', he'll be shocked and delighted to see Cyclops waiting for him, knowing that somehow time travel has restored him. Cue brotherly hug.

20 second cameo for Marsden, which he's denied as he wants it to be a nice surprised for the fans.
Old August 9 2013, 04:54 PM   #1150
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

Brotherly Hug? They never liked each other. I am sure Logan would be happy he is alive. But it would be better to have humor by acknowledging their hostility with each other.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 04:59 PM   #1151
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

'You're still a dick.'
Old August 9 2013, 05:06 PM   #1152
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

I wouldn't put it past them to have a restored Jean Grey and Scott near the end.

Famke just had a cameo in "The Wolverine" she might be willing to do one for "DOFP"
Old August 9 2013, 05:21 PM   #1153
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

LOL! Exactly!
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 05:33 PM   #1154
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

On the one hand it would kind of undermine her appearance in The Wolverine, which was great. On the other hand... the X3 version of the Phoenix was just so... ugh. And getting Cyclops back would be fantastic because they wasted him so much. Though I don't know if I'd trust Singer with Scott again...
Old August 10 2013, 12:40 AM   #1155
Vasquez Rocks
Commodore

Part of the trailer was leaked online today! This might be taken down soon...

Vasquez Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote