MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 4 2013, 05:32 AM   #7006
JD
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

So have they said yet if they are going to pick a permanent co-star for Batman and (Robin) anytime soon?
Old August 4 2013, 05:51 AM   #7007
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
So have they said yet if they are going to pick a permanent co-star for Batman and (Robin) anytime soon?
The Huntress!!!!
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2013, 06:11 AM   #7008
Mike Farley
Commodore

Speaking of Robins, I wonder if we're going to be seeing the introduction of Dick Grayson in Batman Zero Year. With only 5 years to work in, they can't delay Robin's origin too much.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2013, 09:14 AM   #7009
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I'm sure we'll see Dick near the end of Zero Year. They're introducing Babs, so I see no reason why we wouldn't see Dick, and Nightwing is supposed to tie-in to Zero Year as well in his book.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2013, 07:44 PM   #7010
JD
Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
The Huntress!!!!
Really?
Old August 5 2013, 10:15 PM   #7011
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

It's probably Carrie Kelly.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 01:45 AM   #7012
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

The Huntress!!!!
Really?
No.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Old August 6 2013, 02:57 AM   #7013
theenglish
Rear Admiral

The Huntress!!!!
Really?
No.
If there is not going to be a new Robin on the way then why is this book still going? It should just be rebooted as Brave and the Bold during the Batman team-up years.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 02:59 AM   #7014
Mr Light
Admiral

This "Batman and Guest Star" is just a single arc, it'll be "Batman and Robin" again soon enough. I know they're doing a long Two Face arc, then it'll probably be B&R again.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 04:53 PM   #7015
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I gave up on Dial H, but I think I'll get the final issue tomorrow since it promises answers.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 05:14 PM   #7016
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I read one issue of Dial H because the Flash crossed over with it and found it very strange. Definitely not my cup of tea.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 06:30 PM   #7017
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

I decided to give Wonder Woman a chance after only reading the first two issues back when the New 52 first started. I actually really enjoyed it. I'm caught up with the book, and its very entertaining. It also is basically a whole different WW than the JL book, which is great because she is horrible in that book (and about a foot shorter ). The WW book basically just ignores all of the outside stuff, like the Superman/WW fan fiction Johns is writing. This article had a funny quote

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/...-up-naturally/

And Brian Azzarello told Boston that he sees Wonder Woman radically differently to the rest of DC Comics. And her comic is certainly evidence of that. When DiDio asked him how he felt about the whole Wonder Woman/Superman romance in light of the groundwork he was laying with Orion, he responded, “Clearly not the way DC feels about it.”

An apparently flustered Didio added “For those of you who missed the subtext, transcripts of Brian’s comments will be available outside.”
I thought this was a great quote. Azzarello seems about as impressed with Johns fan fiction as I am Anyway, outside of a few flaws (like horrible designs for the greek gods) the WW book is very good. Not my favorite New 52 book, but definately up there now.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 07:00 PM   #7018
theenglish
Rear Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I decided to give Wonder Woman a chance after only reading the first two issues back when the New 52 first started. I actually really enjoyed it. I'm caught up with the book, and its very entertaining. It also is basically a whole different WW than the JL book, which is great because she is horrible in that book (and about a foot shorter ). The WW book basically just ignores all of the outside stuff, like the Superman/WW fan fiction Johns is writing. This article had a funny quote

And Brian Azzarello told Boston that he sees Wonder Woman radically differently to the rest of DC Comics. And her comic is certainly evidence of that. When DiDio asked him how he felt about the whole Wonder Woman/Superman romance in light of the groundwork he was laying with Orion, he responded, “Clearly not the way DC feels about it.”

An apparently flustered Didio added “For those of you who missed the subtext, transcripts of Brian’s comments will be available outside.”
I thought this was a great quote. Azzarello seems about as impressed with Johns fan fiction as I am Anyway, outside of a few flaws (like horrible designs for the greek gods) the WW book is very good. Not my favorite New 52 book, but definately up there now.
The designs for the gods seem to fall into the realm of something that would appear in Gaiman's Sandman. As for the story and the rest of continuity in the new 52, Azzarello seems to be taking the Morrison approach and ignoring anything outside of his own book. A way to resolve this though, is to simply write the WW title as a "five years earlier" backstory.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 11:44 PM   #7019
JD
Admiral

theenglish wrote: View Post
Really?
No.
If there is not going to be a new Robin on the way then why is this book still going? It should just be rebooted as Brave and the Bold during the Batman team-up years.
That was kind of what I was thinking. I'll admit I don't follow this stuff real closely, but I was just curious because I hadn't heard about them introducing a new Robin, but the book was still technically B&R. So I was assuming there must have been either a new Robin on the horizon, or a new permanent title for the book.
Old August 7 2013, 02:16 AM   #7020
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

theenglish wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post

The designs for the gods seem to fall into the realm of something that would appear in Gaiman's Sandman. As for the story and the rest of continuity in the new 52, Azzarello seems to be taking the Morrison approach and ignoring anything outside of his own book. A way to resolve this though, is to simply write the WW title as a "five years earlier" backstory.
All books should be written that way.