RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,782
Posts: 5,434,645
Members: 24,841
Currently online: 462
Newest member: annieslc

TrekToday headlines

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

German Volkswagen Campaign Features Trek Actors
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Shatner And Nimoy In Trek 3?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

The Art of John Alvin Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Episode Four of The Red Shirt Diaries
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Star Trek: The Compendium Review
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 5 2013, 02:28 AM   #31
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral
 
Ancient Mariner's Avatar
 
Location: Sailing for adventure on the Big Blue Wet Thing™
View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

If FOX is smart, it will. The more ways you can get people to watch, the better. If memory serves, the show is also being aired on the National Geographic Channel.
__________________
Ancient Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2013, 01:48 PM   #32
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

They need to bring in more of the average TV viewer, so for season 2, the show will be hosted from a boat in a swamp, with cutaways to people discussing the physics of rebuilding old cars, and everyone will speak in a hillbilly accent while arguing about family stuff.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2013, 03:34 PM   #33
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral
 
Ancient Mariner's Avatar
 
Location: Sailing for adventure on the Big Blue Wet Thing™
View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Forbin wrote: View Post
the show will be hosted from a boat in a swamp
A proven winning strategy. Good call.

__________________
Ancient Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2013, 04:41 PM   #34
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

I would totally watch a Cosmos hosted by Kermit over Tyson any day.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2013, 07:30 PM   #35
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Actually, yeah!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2013, 07:46 PM   #36
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Forbin wrote: View Post
They need to bring in more of the average TV viewer, so for season 2, the show will be hosted from a boat in a swamp, with cutaways to people discussing the physics of rebuilding old cars, and everyone will speak in a hillbilly accent while arguing about family stuff.
I think you are confusing history for NGC. NatGeo does alaska state troopers and doomsday preppers, new season starts Aug 13 with companion show Doomsday Castle.
__________________
We first fought... in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change. -Serj Tankian
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2013, 08:23 PM   #37
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Emh's Avatar
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gaith wrote: View Post
I would totally watch a Cosmos hosted by Kermit over Tyson any day.
Over? Why not both?!
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 03:35 AM   #38
Forbin
Admiral
 
Forbin's Avatar
 
Location: I said out, dammit!
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Forbin wrote: View Post
They need to bring in more of the average TV viewer, so for season 2, the show will be hosted from a boat in a swamp, with cutaways to people discussing the physics of rebuilding old cars, and everyone will speak in a hillbilly accent while arguing about family stuff.
I think you are confusing history for NGC. NatGeo does alaska state troopers and doomsday preppers, new season starts Aug 13 with companion show Doomsday Castle.
In fact, I specified no channel, nor mentioned either of those shows, so WTF?I was riffing that ALL the so-called educational channels seem to run that crap.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 05:41 AM   #39
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral
 
Ancient Mariner's Avatar
 
Location: Sailing for adventure on the Big Blue Wet Thing™
View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Emh wrote: View Post
Gaith wrote: View Post
I would totally watch a Cosmos hosted by Kermit over Tyson any day.
Over? Why not both?!
This!
__________________
Ancient Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 01:56 PM   #40
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Deal.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2013, 09:53 PM   #41
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Forbin wrote: View Post
Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Forbin wrote: View Post
They need to bring in more of the average TV viewer, so for season 2, the show will be hosted from a boat in a swamp, with cutaways to people discussing the physics of rebuilding old cars, and everyone will speak in a hillbilly accent while arguing about family stuff.
I think you are confusing history for NGC. NatGeo does alaska state troopers and doomsday preppers, new season starts Aug 13 with companion show Doomsday Castle.
In fact, I specified no channel, nor mentioned either of those shows, so WTF?I was riffing that ALL the so-called educational channels seem to run that crap.
You nailed history pretty close to the mark. Toss in a reference to pawn stars and pickers and you'd be spot on.
__________________
We first fought... in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change. -Serj Tankian
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 01:18 PM   #42
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral
 
Ancient Mariner's Avatar
 
Location: Sailing for adventure on the Big Blue Wet Thing™
View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Neil deGrasse Tyson promoting Cosmos during Youtube's Geek Week:

__________________
Ancient Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2013, 06:25 PM   #43
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Emh's Avatar
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

Awesome video. Thank you for sharing it. #2 is by far my favorite. Seriously, check this shit out!

__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 12:06 AM   #44
T J
Commodore
 
T J's Avatar
 
Location: milky way... there abouts
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

I'm looking forward to the new Cosmos series probably more than the new Trek movies. While I love/adore Tyson, he is one of my personal hero's, I must say... I sooooo miss Carl Sagan! He was just... THE BEST! Earth just isn't the same without him.

WE MISS YOU CARL SAGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
One of the great revelations of space exploration is
the image of the earth, finite and lonely bearing the entire human species through the oceans of space and time. ~ Carl Sagan (1934-1996)
T J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9 2013, 11:52 PM   #45
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral
 
Ancient Mariner's Avatar
 
Location: Sailing for adventure on the Big Blue Wet Thing™
View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile
Re: Cosmos - With Neil deGrasse Tyson

^ Yeah, thanks to that Youtube video, I wound up listening to Sagan's narration of Pale Blue Dot ... and it's just ... poetic. He will be missed.

I'm glad his legacy is continuing, though. And Tyson seems like a good fit for it.
__________________
Ancient Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.