RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,717
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 812
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old July 29 2013, 07:31 PM   #436
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Re: ENTERPRISE on Blu-Ray OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

BillJ wrote: View Post
Aatrek wrote: View Post
I'm interested to see your Enterprises sales numbers.
I doubt anyone has the actual number of units sold, but he did mention where each new release ranked on Amazon's sales chart.
This. Thanks BillJ.

Today's Amazon UK's Film and TV (DVD & BD) rankings are:

TNG S4 #116
ENT S2 #3,222

To be fair, today is the release day of TNG S4 and ENT S2 isn't out yet. So let's compare the other TNG releases with ENT S1 and we get this.

TNG S3 #3,173
ENT s1 #24,584

TNG S2 #6,025
TNG S1 #5,582

Again, no sales numbers but these rankings show that even the 5 year old release of TOS season 1 (# 20,191) is currently outselling ENT S1. All I'm saying is that it's very possible that some Paramount UK marketer looking at this chart might think it's a good idea to try something different pricewise.

Last edited by Scotty; July 29 2013 at 07:50 PM.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2013, 08:24 PM   #437
LOKAI of CHERON
Fleet Captain

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

I just hope ENT BD sales are sufficient for CBS to complete releasing all four seasons.
Old July 29 2013, 08:33 PM   #438
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
I just hope ENT BD sales are sufficient for CBS to complete releasing all four seasons.
They won't stop halfway through.
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2013, 09:04 PM   #439
dodge
Lieutenant Commander

Enterprise was originally made in high-def, there are no additional costs for converting episodes involved, so it's unlikely it's unprofitable even if the sales aren't huge.
Therefore it's almost certain they'll release them all.
Old July 29 2013, 10:59 PM   #440
J. Lester
Captain

View J. Lester's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to J. Lester Send a message via AIM to J. Lester Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Lester Send a message via Yahoo to J. Lester

I too hope they release the remaining seasons; season 4 of ENT is my favorite.
Old July 30 2013, 12:31 AM   #441
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Scotty wrote: View Post

Again, no sales numbers but these rankings show that even the 5 year old release of TOS season 1 (# 20,191) is currently outselling ENT S1. All I'm saying is that it's very possible that some Paramount UK marketer looking at this chart might think it's a good idea to try something different pricewise.
I hope that fans of the show get all four seasons released. Hell, I may even grab season four. But I figured the show would be a hard sell, even among the die-hards.

I shelled out about $350 dollars when the seasons were released on DVD and I've watched them so little I simply couldn't justify putting out another $250+ dollars to buy them again.

EDIT: They should've released Enterprise in the gap between TOS and TNG. It really made no sense to release the two series (TNG, ENT) concurrently.

Last edited by BillJ; July 30 2013 at 12:43 AM.
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2013, 01:11 AM   #442
trekker670
Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post
Scotty wrote: View Post

I hope that fans of the show get all four seasons released. Hell, I may even grab season four. But I figured the show would be a hard sell, even among the die-hards.

I shelled out about $350 dollars when the seasons were released on DVD and I've watched them so little I simply couldn't justify putting out another $250+ dollars to buy them again.

EDIT: They should've released Enterprise in the gap between TOS and TNG. It really made no sense to release the two series (TNG, ENT) concurrently.
I pre-ordered the UK version of S2 when it was cheap and sold my DVD set (seasons 1-3) to recoup the cost, so I'm hoping to be able to support the bluray release and buy all of them without costing more than $100-$150 more for the whole series.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 08:23 PM   #443
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

Aatrek wrote: View Post
They won't stop halfway through.
Lots of shows have stopped after only releasing one season on DVD. Fortunately for the fans, however, the studio has a history of trying to squeeze every last dollar out of its Trek productions. Not to worry, the entire series will be released.
Old August 1 2013, 05:53 PM   #444
Cskirk421
Cadet

Is it still the plan to release all 4 seasons this year, or do you guys think it will be spread out more now?
Cskirk421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2013, 07:27 PM   #445
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

Season 4 will definitely not becoming this year, and with the gap between S1 and S2, I wouldn't expect Season 3 until January.
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2013, 07:56 PM   #446
LOKAI of CHERON
Fleet Captain

I'm hoping for a bump in picture quality for season 3 - and particularly season 4. A little more "HD Pop" as many reviewers are fond of saying.
Old August 3 2013, 08:38 AM   #447
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

One of the things that seasons 3 and 4 have over the first two seasons is that they use a lot more color. Seasons one and two were more drab so they should look better just because of that.
Old August 3 2013, 09:03 PM   #448
LOKAI of CHERON
Fleet Captain

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
One of the things that seasons 3 and 4 have over the first two seasons is that they use a lot more color. Seasons one and two were more drab so they should look better just because of that.
The richer colour palette will certainly provide a pleasing and more appealing look on BD. But I'm hoping for addtional depth/dynamic HD appearance. We may well get something approximating that with season four.
Old August 4 2013, 12:20 AM   #449
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

I'm not sure why I'm here as I'm not an ENT fan and have never seen more than five full episodes, but... quick question:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the first two seasons of ENT filmed on, er, film, and the last two seasons filmed in digital HD? Meaning that the first two seasons have the potential for even greater resolution, whereas the last two seasons can never look any clearer than 1080.
Old August 4 2013, 12:37 AM   #450
Skywalker
Admiral

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
I'm not sure why I'm here as I'm not an ENT fan and have never seen more than five full episodes, but... quick question:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the first two seasons of ENT filmed on, er, film, and the last two seasons filmed in digital HD? Meaning that the first two seasons have the potential for even greater resolution, whereas the last two seasons can never look any clearer than 1080.
Only the fourth season was filmed digitally. The first three seasons were all done on film. Season Four will probably look fine on Blu-ray, but if ENT ever gets a future release on a higher resolution (like, say, 4K), then I'm not so confident about its chances.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote