RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,584
Posts: 5,423,935
Members: 24,809
Currently online: 583
Newest member: Super Scout

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 3 2013, 12:52 AM   #31
IzzyAtWarp9
Commander
 
IzzyAtWarp9's Avatar
 
Location: 221C Baker Street
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
Court Martial. I like the episode of course. But I don't reckon its anybody's favourite.
It's my favourite. *Glares back at across the internet*
__________________
Boldly going... nowhere in particular
'The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination' Garak
IzzyAtWarp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 01:28 AM   #32
1001001
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!
 
1001001's Avatar
 
Location: People's Gaypublic of Drugafornia
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

I'm going to say goodbye to the Corbomite Maneuver. Raise your glass and drink your Tranya!



Where No Man Has Gone Before
Balance of Terror
The Galileo Seven
Space Seed
A Taste of Armageddon
__________________
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 01:34 AM   #33
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain
 
CommishSleer's Avatar
 
Location: At the After Party Still...
View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

IzzyatWarp9 wrote: View Post
CommishSleer wrote: View Post
Court Martial. I like the episode of course. But I don't reckon its anybody's favourite.
It's my favourite. *Glares back at across the internet*
You're lying
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 03:35 AM   #34
plynch
Commodore
 
plynch's Avatar
 
Location: Outer Graceland
View plynch's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

1001001 wrote: View Post
I'm going to say goodbye to the Corbomite Maneuver. Raise your glass and drink your Tranya!



Where No Man Has Gone Before
Balance of Terror
The Galileo Seven
Space Seed
A Taste of Armageddon
IF I get this game correctly, I am voting to eliminate Galileo Seven. The crew are insubordinate; and I think Spock must've commanded some mission before this -- they're always saying it's his "first command." And the others are all better than it. If I'm not playing right, just ignore, I can take it.
__________________
Author of Live Like Louis! Inspirational Stories from the Life of Louis Armstrong, http://livelikelouis.com
plynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 03:50 AM   #35
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain
 
CommishSleer's Avatar
 
Location: At the After Party Still...
View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

plynch wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post
I'm going to say goodbye to the Corbomite Maneuver. Raise your glass and drink your Tranya!



Where No Man Has Gone Before
Balance of Terror
The Galileo Seven
Space Seed
A Taste of Armageddon
IF I get this game correctly, I am voting to eliminate Galileo Seven. The crew are insubordinate; and I think Spock must've commanded some mission before this -- they're always saying it's his "first command." And the others are all better than it. If I'm not playing right, just ignore, I can take it.
I think you're supposed to produce the list minus your choice if I understand it correctly. I'll do it for you.
I hope thats OK with you.

New list:

Where No Man Has Gone Before
Balance of Terror
Space Seed
A Taste of Armageddon
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 03:52 AM   #36
plynch
Commodore
 
plynch's Avatar
 
Location: Outer Graceland
View plynch's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
plynch wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post
I'm going to say goodbye to the Corbomite Maneuver. Raise your glass and drink your Tranya!



Where No Man Has Gone Before
Balance of Terror
The Galileo Seven
Space Seed
A Taste of Armageddon
IF I get this game correctly, I am voting to eliminate Galileo Seven. The crew are insubordinate; and I think Spock must've commanded some mission before this -- they're always saying it's his "first command." And the others are all better than it. If I'm not playing right, just ignore, I can take it.
I think you're supposed to produce the list minus your choice if I understand it correctly. I'll do it for you.

New list:

Where No Man Has Gone Before
Balance of Terror
Space Seed
A Taste of Armageddon
Thank you. I'm glad it is not my turn now. Wow. I guess I could pick the least favorite if I had to, but they're all things of beauty.
__________________
Author of Live Like Louis! Inspirational Stories from the Life of Louis Armstrong, http://livelikelouis.com
plynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 05:16 AM   #37
SpHeRe31459
Captain
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

Goodbye "Where No Man Has Gone Before", it's a pilot, things were rough around the edges, so the others left are a bit better refined since they're in the season proper.

Balance of Terror
Space Seed
A Taste of Armageddon
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 06:18 AM   #38
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

A Taste of Armageddon - with what's left, it's the least entertaining. They're all good stories. Space Seed had a great villain, and Balance had good suspense. This is more of a nightmarish situation.

Balance of Terror
Space Seed
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 07:35 AM   #39
Margaret
Ensign
 
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

I'm going to eliminate Space Seed as good as it is Balance of Terror has Mark Lenard in it.

Balance of Terror
Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 07:56 AM   #40
Seven of Five
Commodore
 
Seven of Five's Avatar
 
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

Well I'm glad Balance of Terror won if City on the Edge couldn't. And Space Seed is also awesome.
__________________
Other prisons do Shakespeare and shit. I want to play a role, like Desdemona or Ophelia or Clair Huxtable.
Seven of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 09:26 AM   #41
IzzyAtWarp9
Commander
 
IzzyAtWarp9's Avatar
 
Location: 221C Baker Street
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
IzzyatWarp9 wrote: View Post
CommishSleer wrote: View Post
Court Martial. I like the episode of course. But I don't reckon its anybody's favourite.
It's my favourite. *Glares back at across the internet*
You're lying
Nuh-uh!!! I love it it's great! It's really entertaining and it's basically a Star Trek courtroom drama
__________________
Boldly going... nowhere in particular
'The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination' Garak
IzzyAtWarp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 10:56 AM   #42
BlueStuff
Rear Admiral
 
Location: 英國
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

Well, I'm happy with the two finalists. Balance of Terror is my favourite of TOS.
BlueStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 11:07 AM   #43
Kinokima
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

Balance of Terror is a worthy winner.
Kinokima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 11:31 AM   #44
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain
 
CommishSleer's Avatar
 
Location: At the After Party Still...
View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

IzzyatWarp9 wrote: View Post
CommishSleer wrote: View Post
IzzyatWarp9 wrote: View Post

It's my favourite. *Glares back at across the internet*
You're lying
Nuh-uh!!! I love it it's great! It's really entertaining and it's basically a Star Trek courtroom drama
Well all the more delight for me in removing your favourite Nyah ha ha :laughs evily:
Seriously "Court Martial" is great too as in most of Season One!

Kinokima wrote: View Post
Balance of Terror is a worthy winner.
I agree - a well deserved winner!
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 11:42 AM   #45
MacLeod
Admiral
 
Location: Great Britain
Re: The least disliked episode of TOS - Season One

I think we have a worthy winner, and the runner up isn't that bad. It's a shame that so many great episodes had to be eliminate but S1 was a strong season as is S2.
__________________
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.