RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,219
Posts: 5,347,093
Members: 24,607
Currently online: 666
Newest member: lueth2048

TrekToday headlines

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the Spock/Uhura pairing?
I LOVE them together! 29 46.77%
I generally think they’re okay together. 12 19.35%
Not my preference, but I don’t mind them together. 13 20.97%
I HATE them together. 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 31 2013, 07:02 AM   #391
talfe'anhar
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
talfe'anhar's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

I was shocked by the pairing of Spock and Uhura, but my biggest problem with it was that I had to write their relationship into my fanfic story about Jim and Spock becoming soul mates. I managed to make it work but it was a challenge!
talfe'anhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 07:59 AM   #392
serenitytrek1
Commander
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

talfe'anhar wrote: View Post
I was shocked by the pairing of Spock and Uhura, but my biggest problem with it was that I had to write their relationship into my fanfic story about Jim and Spock becoming soul mates. I managed to make it work but it was a challenge!

I don't think it should be a challenge. the term soul mate is not necessary romantic. Anyone familiar with Will and Grace or the characters of Dawson and joey from Dawson creek? Joey perfectly said Dawson was her soul mate but in the end she choose Parcy because Pacey was the guy she was romantically in love with.

this characters are all soul mates, same goes for Ryan and Seth from the OC. Seth basically abandoned his parents and girlfriend when Ryan left because neither of them could fill the whole that was left in his heart after Ryan's departure.


I do think kirk and spock are soul mates, the first ongoing comics illustrated it well when it drew them as one person.

However I also do think that Kirk and Spock are always going to end up falling in love with women , its just the way it is.

Maybe in this timeline, carol will give birth to kirk's child and kirk will not be an absent father. Maybe in JJ's timeline, kirk, carol and David would be a happy loving family. It still will not change the fact that Spock is his soul mate and if Spock and Uhura do make it in the third film and get married. Jim is likely to be his best man.


A lot of K/S fans who are mostly girls can get very aggressive on this topic. Many of them have been writing fics of Kirk and Spock been lovers for over 40 years.

they all seem to have forgotten that neither characters are actually homosexuals, so when they see Kirk and Spock with women on screen they are shocked, which to me never made sense in the first place because in all of TOS, Kirk had multiple female sexual partners and Spock had his fair share of women drama and in TNG, it was ambiguously stated that Spock was married.

Lastly, may I also add that King Daniel's analogy on Spock is beyond ridiculous and flat out wrong.

If King D was correct about how Spock acted like a coming out guy then why would Spock (after he supposedly came out) tell kirk to tell uhura (a girl) that he loved her in case he dies and doesn't make it back?

If anything is right, King D's analogy fits the S/U dynamic more as Spock was willing to tell Uhura what Sarak never told his mother.


Sarek to Spock: You asked me once why I married your mother, I married her because I lover her.

About 15 minutes later in the film


Spock to Kirk: Please tell Uhura....


I know a lot of people like K/S as lovers but please don't twist things and try to make some things factual when they are obviously not.


King D, likes both S/U and K/S , which is a rear thing because we all know how catty and hateful shippers can get about their favourite parings.

I believe we should all listen to Zacchary Quinto (who is a gay guy) on the this topic. Zachary has indirectly said that Spock is not homosexual.

Last edited by serenitytrek1; July 31 2013 at 11:14 AM.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 10:07 AM   #393
Malaika
Lieutenant Commander
 
Malaika's Avatar
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

CommishSleer wrote: View Post

In TOS, chess was Spock's game. He programmed it into the computer. He got Kirk off charges with it in the Ben Finney case.
If any old person can beat Spock in chess then he isn't really the TOS Spock. He's just like a human guy with pointed ears and super strength.
I know Kirk used to beat him at chess but does Uhura need to take Kirk's place in every way with Spock?
a contradiction spotted here
you said no one can beat Spock and if someone does he's not Spock but then you said wahh Kirk did beat him (so it's ok for Kirk to beat him but not Uhura ) Uhura is replacing him.. and I'm like

you sound like one of the Kirk/Spock shippers now who believe that some things are "copyright" of them and get defensive over this kind of stuff.. and it's so not the way to judge a story.
I dunno where you get the impression that Uhura is replacing him from just the mention that she did beat Spock at chess.
I do not remember tos ever using chess as a metaphor for Spock falling in love with Kirk so unless you ship K/S and think they were lovers, Kirk and Uhura are obviously having a different place in this guy's life.

I think you're too focused on the chess thing and are missing the point. The chess game is only symbolic and no, it's not a Kirk/Spock thing. It's a Spock thing.
It's just a nerdy way the writers found to symbolize the moment where he fell in love with her and it's pretty in character to me. I don't even find it cheesy, at all.
That quote alone says a lot about their relationship and dynamic. e.g.,The fact that she wasn't offended by him thinking she couldn't beat her, his non reaction when she beat him, him giving her the king and how she understood what he was trying to tell her without him having to make explicit declarations of love.
I posted the quote alone because I was unsure if I could post the scans here, but that part has a context that is itself important. She isn't saying that just for the sake of...

This kind of arguments are becoming exhausting tbh. You don't have to like everything, far from it. But the notion that everytime we don't like something we have say that this isn't "the real trek" and "if [example of something that isn't so new to trek canon] happens then Spock isn't really the TOS Spock he's just like a human guy with pointed ears and super strength" is getting a tad boring and biased.
I see nothing OOC in that, nothing that canon hasn't already hinted anyway.
It's not the first and only example of someone beating Spock at chess so I can't see what makes this not canon or so weird only because it's Uhura, this time, the one beating him (unless you have some proof in canon that Kirk is better than Uhura at chess which I doubt you have and even in that case it wouldn't be 100% valid for this Uhura and this Kirk anyway)
and I'd really like to avoid a shipper war with K/S fans, honestly, because this sounds a lot like that and what their fans say.
I'm a tad sick and tired of people that compare two relationships that are so different and act like they're mutually exclusive when they obviously aren't.
__________________
Kirk: So her first name's Nyota?
Spock: I have no comment on the matter.

Last edited by Malaika; July 31 2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typos etc
Malaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 10:36 AM   #394
Malaika
Lieutenant Commander
 
Malaika's Avatar
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

serenitytrek1 I think you didn't really get King D's analogy ...

... I think he was actually talking about the S/U dynamic (also what the poster being gay or straight has to do with any of this? )

I might be wrong but I think he was simply saying that the S/U relationship and Spock's arc in that movie could be an allegory of a "coming out". I think he isn't the first one that said that here. I remember in another thread someone saying that the positive message in the transport pad scene was the way Spock essentially accepted himself for who he is (and therefore he's accepting his human side and that he has emotions) and no one judged him for that ( compared to the vulcans that had bullied him for his emotions)
It's a metaphor, so to speak. He wasn't saying that Spock was gay or that the intent of the scenes was that.
__________________
Kirk: So her first name's Nyota?
Spock: I have no comment on the matter.
Malaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 11:54 AM   #395
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain
 
CommishSleer's Avatar
 
Location: Way back of nowhere
View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

Malaika wrote: View Post
CommishSleer wrote: View Post

In TOS, chess was Spock's game. He programmed it into the computer. He got Kirk off charges with it in the Ben Finney case.
If any old person can beat Spock in chess then he isn't really the TOS Spock. He's just like a human guy with pointed ears and super strength.
I know Kirk used to beat him at chess but does Uhura need to take Kirk's place in every way with Spock?
a contradiction spotted here
you said no one can beat Spock and if someone does he's not Spock but then you said wahh Kirk did beat him (so it's ok for Kirk to beat him but not Uhura ) Uhura is replacing him.. and I'm like

you sound like one of the Kirk/Spock shippers now who believe that some things are "copyright" of them and get defensive over this kind of stuff.. and it's so not the way to judge a story.
I dunno where you get the impression that Uhura is replacing him from just the mention that she did beat Spock at chess.
I do not remember tos ever using chess as a metaphor for Spock falling in love with Kirk so unless you ship K/S and think they were lovers, Kirk and Uhura are obviously having a different place in this guy's life.

I think you're too focused on the chess thing and are missing the point. The chess game is only symbolic and no, it's not a Kirk/Spock thing. It's a Spock thing.
It's just a nerdy way the writers found to symbolize the moment where he fell in love with her and it's pretty in character to me. I don't even find it cheesy, at all.
That quote alone says a lot about their relationship and dynamic. e.g.,The fact that she wasn't offended by him thinking she couldn't beat her, his non reaction when she beat him, him giving her the king and how she understood what he was trying to tell her without him having to make explicit declarations of love.
I posted the quote alone because I was unsure if I could post the scans here, but that part has a context that is itself important. She isn't saying that just for the sake of...

This kind of arguments are becoming exhausting tbh. You don't have to like everything, far from it. But the notion that everytime we don't like something we have say that this isn't "the real trek" and "if [example of something that isn't so new to trek canon] happens then Spock isn't really the TOS Spock he's just like a human guy with pointed ears and super strength" is getting a tad boring and biased.
I see nothing OOC in that, nothing that canon hasn't already hinted anyway.
It's not the first and only example of someone beating Spock at chess so I can't see what makes this not canon or so weird only because it's Uhura, this time, the one beating him (unless you have some proof in canon that Kirk is better than Uhura at chess which I doubt you have and even in that case it wouldn't be 100% valid for this Uhura and this Kirk anyway)
and I'd really like to avoid a shipper war with K/S fans, honestly, because this sounds a lot like that and what their fans say.
I'm a tad sick and tired of people that compare two relationships that are so different and act like they're mutually exclusive when they obviously aren't.
To me Star Trek TOS is Kirk and Spock with a sidedish of McCoy. Kirk and Spock and the more the better.
I don't want it to be the Spock and Uhura love story. I don't care if Kirk marries Carol and Spock marries Uhura and they all live happily ever after (except it will be boring) just as long as its not the main theme of the movie.
I do not want ST13 to be a love story with Spock and Uhura the power couple aboard the ship agreeing with each other all the time, telling everyone how wonderful their partner is, dressing the same...

I don't think that necessarily makes me a K/S shipper unless I am subconsciously, hhhmmm.

Chess rant:
I thought in both TOS and reboot Spock is supposed to be super smart, smarter by magnitudes than anyone else. I think it will be to his character's detriment if they dilute that. By having Uhura or Keenser or McCoy beat him at chess that just turns him into an average sort of person.
I don't believe in TOS that Uhura could beat him at chess. She could do other things in TOS better than him. Spock admitted that. Maybe in the reboot she's a lot smarter than Spock. Perhaps thats the way Orci and Kutzman are going to go (according to the comics). That doesn't mean I have to like it. But good for people who like it. They will be the winners. Perhaps that will lead to more Star Trek fans but I don't know.
End of chess rant.
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 12:25 PM   #396
serenitytrek1
Commander
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
Malaika wrote: View Post
CommishSleer wrote: View Post

In TOS, chess was Spock's game. He programmed it into the computer. He got Kirk off charges with it in the Ben Finney case.
If any old person can beat Spock in chess then he isn't really the TOS Spock. He's just like a human guy with pointed ears and super strength.
I know Kirk used to beat him at chess but does Uhura need to take Kirk's place in every way with Spock?
a contradiction spotted here
you said no one can beat Spock and if someone does he's not Spock but then you said wahh Kirk did beat him (so it's ok for Kirk to beat him but not Uhura ) Uhura is replacing him.. and I'm like

you sound like one of the Kirk/Spock shippers now who believe that some things are "copyright" of them and get defensive over this kind of stuff.. and it's so not the way to judge a story.
I dunno where you get the impression that Uhura is replacing him from just the mention that she did beat Spock at chess.
I do not remember tos ever using chess as a metaphor for Spock falling in love with Kirk so unless you ship K/S and think they were lovers, Kirk and Uhura are obviously having a different place in this guy's life.

I think you're too focused on the chess thing and are missing the point. The chess game is only symbolic and no, it's not a Kirk/Spock thing. It's a Spock thing.
It's just a nerdy way the writers found to symbolize the moment where he fell in love with her and it's pretty in character to me. I don't even find it cheesy, at all.
That quote alone says a lot about their relationship and dynamic. e.g.,The fact that she wasn't offended by him thinking she couldn't beat her, his non reaction when she beat him, him giving her the king and how she understood what he was trying to tell her without him having to make explicit declarations of love.
I posted the quote alone because I was unsure if I could post the scans here, but that part has a context that is itself important. She isn't saying that just for the sake of...

This kind of arguments are becoming exhausting tbh. You don't have to like everything, far from it. But the notion that everytime we don't like something we have say that this isn't "the real trek" and "if [example of something that isn't so new to trek canon] happens then Spock isn't really the TOS Spock he's just like a human guy with pointed ears and super strength" is getting a tad boring and biased.
I see nothing OOC in that, nothing that canon hasn't already hinted anyway.
It's not the first and only example of someone beating Spock at chess so I can't see what makes this not canon or so weird only because it's Uhura, this time, the one beating him (unless you have some proof in canon that Kirk is better than Uhura at chess which I doubt you have and even in that case it wouldn't be 100% valid for this Uhura and this Kirk anyway)
and I'd really like to avoid a shipper war with K/S fans, honestly, because this sounds a lot like that and what their fans say.
I'm a tad sick and tired of people that compare two relationships that are so different and act like they're mutually exclusive when they obviously aren't.
To me Star Trek TOS is Kirk and Spock with a sidedish of McCoy. Kirk and Spock and the more the better.
I don't want it to be the Spock and Uhura love story. I don't care if Kirk marries Carol and Spock marries Uhura and they all live happily ever after (except it will be boring) just as long as its not the main theme of the movie.
I do not want ST13 to be a love story with Spock and Uhura the power couple aboard the ship agreeing with each other all the time, telling everyone how wonderful their partner is, dressing the same...

I don't think that necessarily makes me a K/S shipper unless I am subconsciously, hhhmmm.

Chess rant:
I thought in both TOS and reboot Spock is supposed to be super smart, smarter by magnitudes than anyone else. I think it will be to his character's detriment if they dilute that. By having Uhura or Keenser or McCoy beat him at chess that just turns him into an average sort of person.
I don't believe in TOS that Uhura could beat him at chess. She could do other things in TOS better than him. Spock admitted that. Maybe in the reboot she's a lot smarter than Spock. Perhaps thats the way Orci and Kutzman are going to go (according to the comics). That doesn't mean I have to like it. But good for people who like it. They will be the winners. Perhaps that will lead to more Star Trek fans but I don't know.
End of chess rant.

You make so much sense, however you have to realise that this are the movies and not the TV series so it is not a fair comparison.


Trek 2016 will be the final film so they need to rap it all up. Carol (the mother of Kirk's son in TOS) was introduced in the second film so we are entitled to see how her relationship with Kirk will turn out in this timeline and whether David will even exist.

As for spock/uhura we have to see where it will go in the 3rd film as well. they could break up or stay together but the writers have a responsibility to rap it up once and for all as we may never get to see JJ's Trek again on the big screen.

The S/U romance was never the theme of the new Trek films as their relationship was addressed for like 5 minutes in both films. S/U are not Anakin/Padme from Star Wars.


If Trek is rebooted again I doubt Chris, Zach, Zoe, Alice, John, Karl, and the rest of the actors would be back.


Also again I think the writers just suck a little. Uhura did not have to replace Mccoy. she could have been the lead female without messing up the kirk/spock/bones dynamic.

Perhaps the writers of Nu-Trek are not talented enough to write the story like that.


May I also add that I did not like the chess thing much as it was too romantic for my taste. I like angst and brooding better.

Last edited by serenitytrek1; July 31 2013 at 12:48 PM.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 01:04 PM   #397
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain
 
CommishSleer's Avatar
 
Location: Way back of nowhere
View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
The S/U romance was never the theme of the new Trek films as their relationship was addressed for like 5 minutes in both films. S/U are not Anakin/Padme from Star Wars.

Also again I think the writers just suck a little. Uhura did not have to replace Mccoy. she could have been the lead female without messing up the kirk/spock/bones dynamic.

Perhaps the writers of Nu-Trek are not talented enough to write the story like that.


May I also add that I did not like the chess thing much as it was too romantic for my taste. I like angst and brooding better.
I agree - you said it better than I could.
Without raving or ranting like I did.
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 02:32 PM   #398
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

talfe'anhar wrote: View Post
I love this! I think it's a wonderful analogy!
Thank you!
serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Lastly, may I also add that King Daniel's analogy on Spock is beyond ridiculous and flat out wrong.

If King D was correct about how Spock acted like a coming out guy then why would Spock (after he supposedly came out) tell kirk to tell uhura (a girl) that he loved her in case he dies and doesn't make it back?
You misunderstand what I meant.
Malaika wrote: View Post
serenitytrek1 I think you didn't really get King D's analogy ...

... I think he was actually talking about the S/U dynamic (also what the poster being gay or straight has to do with any of this? )

I might be wrong but I think he was simply saying that the S/U relationship and Spock's arc in that movie could be an allegory of a "coming out". I think he isn't the first one that said that here. I remember in another thread someone saying that the positive message in the transport pad scene was the way Spock essentially accepted himself for who he is (and therefore he's accepting his human side and that he has emotions) and no one judged him for that ( compared to the vulcans that had bullied him for his emotions)It's a metaphor, so to speak. He wasn't saying that Spock was gay or that the intent of the scenes was that.
That's exactly it
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 02:48 PM   #399
Jeyl
Commodore
 
Jeyl's Avatar
 
Location: Asheville, NC
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

I certainly like the idea of Spock and Uhura having a relationship, I just don't like it in the context of these movies. There is really no place for it in the last movie, and it was only used in Into Darkness just to give us another "Spock is just an emotionless robot" that we were supposed to have been done with since the last movie.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 03:46 PM   #400
talfe'anhar
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
talfe'anhar's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

serenitytrek1 My Kirk and Spock do not have a sexual relationship with each other. My goal was to write a love story between them that did not involve sex and I feel like I pulled it off rather well, as do many followers of my stories. I had a blast writing them and I'm thinking about what I want to write next. My Spock and Uhura have sex in my story. :-)
talfe'anhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 04:28 PM   #401
serenitytrek1
Commander
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

talfe'anhar wrote: View Post
serenitytrek1 My Kirk and Spock do not have a sexual relationship with each other. My goal was to write a love story between them that did not involve sex and I feel like I pulled it off rather well, as do many followers of my stories. I had a blast writing them and I'm thinking about what I want to write next. My Spock and Uhura have sex in my story. :-)

cool then and I commend you for it. however I cant really say the same for most K/S fan fic writers who write K/S as lovers. some can get very catty about it and some write uhura as a hatful bitch who is in the way of kirk and spock becoming husbands.

however S/U fans can also be guilty of cattiness. they do at times write Nurse Chapel as also a hatful bitch who is in the way of S/U getting together.


this are one of the reasons why I don't get involved with ship wars.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 04:55 PM   #402
Malaika
Lieutenant Commander
 
Malaika's Avatar
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
To me Star Trek TOS is Kirk and Spock with a sidedish of McCoy. Kirk and Spock and the more the better.
I don't want it to be the Spock and Uhura love story. I don't care if Kirk marries Carol and Spock marries Uhura and they all live happily ever after (except it will be boring) just as long as its not the main theme of the movie.
I do not want ST13 to be a love story with Spock and Uhura the power couple aboard the ship agreeing with each other all the time, telling everyone how wonderful their partner is, dressing the same...
and yet what's this have to do with the comic and I what I have said?
I might be wrong but it doesn't seem to me that the movies are the Spock/Uhura love story
perhaps you're voicing your worries? or maybe exaggerating a bit here...
I feel the writers are doing a good job with S/U, being that a subplot and with star trek not being a franchise about romance.

Orci once said that they always try to balance things out.
Though, to be fair, some reviews had actually lamented that the last movie was too much a Kirk/Spock's show to the expense of all the other characters that deserved more.
So yeah, TOS was like that (and it was like that because those were the 60s too) but this is not TOS. Been there, done that. A reboot should improve some things a bit, maybe for you and other people we should always watch a Kirk/Spock show (more like Kirk's show, tbh), but for others like me it's refreshing to see other dynamics too. It actually helps me perceive their friendship less pretentious and a tad more realistic.



I don't think that necessarily makes me a K/S shipper unless I am subconsciously, hhhmmm.
maybe you're not in the classic sense of the term ("ship" them as a romantic pair) but one doesn't need to be a shipper to have his/her favorites and bias.

Chess rant:
I thought in both TOS and reboot Spock is supposed to be super smart, smarter by magnitudes than anyone else. I think it will be to his character's detriment if they dilute that. By having Uhura or Keenser or McCoy beat him at chess that just turns him into an average sort of person.
but not if the one beating him is Kirk

this makes me remember how some people called Spock OOC for having a girlfriend in the first movie and yet the same people see nothing weird or out of character in the sequel where Spock cries, screams and acts homicidal over someone that 3 minutes ago he didn't consider more than a co-worker.

the Kirk/Spock fans (not necessarily shippers) will justify everything in the name of character development if a scene is between Spock and Kirk but suddenly, magically, the same things would make them scream the writers don't know a thing about canon and vulcans if they happen between Spock and another character.

I don't believe in TOS that Uhura could beat him at chess.
How do you know that? Did you ever watch her play?

She could do other things in TOS better than him. Spock admitted that. Maybe in the reboot she's a lot smarter than Spock.
since when it's a matter of who is smarter? maybe the point is that they're equal.. and anyway I doubt that we can quantify people's smartness over who wins at chess otherwise you should think that tos Kirk was smarter than Spock too.



Jeyl wrote: View Post
it was only used in Into Darkness just to give us another "Spock is just an emotionless robot" that we were supposed to have been done with since the last movie.
....or maybe the purpose was pretty much the opposite.
IDK I have this weird habit to remember all the scenes and not just the ones from the beginning...
I remember that at the beginning it seemed that he was emotionless but then you have the scene where Spock told Uhura that it's not that he doesn't care, the truth is precisely the opposite and that he cares too much and sometimes this is a source of pain for him and he has to choose to not feel (e.g., when he thought he was about to die)

I, for one, was glad to have some continuity and that they didn't pretend that the destruction of vulcan and the death of his mother didn't have any side effect on the guy.
Spock's PTSD is something a lot of people can relate to (e.g., US soldiers, 9/11's survivors)
__________________
Kirk: So her first name's Nyota?
Spock: I have no comment on the matter.
Malaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 07:54 PM   #403
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
talfe'anhar wrote: View Post
serenitytrek1 My Kirk and Spock do not have a sexual relationship with each other. My goal was to write a love story between them that did not involve sex and I feel like I pulled it off rather well, as do many followers of my stories. I had a blast writing them and I'm thinking about what I want to write next. My Spock and Uhura have sex in my story. :-)

cool then and I commend you for it. however I cant really say the same for most K/S fan fic writers who write K/S as lovers. some can get very catty about it and some write uhura as a hatful bitch who is in the way of kirk and spock becoming husbands.

however S/U fans can also be guilty of cattiness. they do at times write Nurse Chapel as also a hatful bitch who is in the way of S/U getting together.
Remarks you've made in this and other threads concerning fan groups with whom you disagree (Ex: "can't really say the same for most K/S fan fic writers... "; "however S/U fans can also be guilty... " ) might also be perceived as catty, no?

If the story content is not to your liking, then by all means talk about that, but I'm fairly sure I've recommended before that you avoid making a habit of posting remarks which are critical of fan groups, particularly remarks of the broad-brush variety. (If you feel you absolutely must comment, then put those remarks in your blog and rant away, but be reminded once more that they don't belong in this forum.)
__________________
Dinosaurs are just really, really big chickens.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2013, 10:02 AM   #404
AllStarEntprise
Captain
 
AllStarEntprise's Avatar
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

These two are so cute together though



AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2013, 04:49 PM   #405
Malaika
Lieutenant Commander
 
Malaika's Avatar
 
Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

they are friends since 15 years or something like that and it shows IMO their interviews are the best
the one where those pictures are taken from is hilarious
__________________
Kirk: So her first name's Nyota?
Spock: I have no comment on the matter.
Malaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
love story, pairings, spock/uhura, star trek 2009

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.