Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 29 2013, 07:15 PM   #301
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Re: Falling Skies - season 3

Kirby wrote: View Post
I love the security in Charleston when someone in a white boat with big white sails can just sail in largely undetected.

White. Surrender color. You're obligated to to at least ask who is it before you shoot.

Anyway, Someone did notice. One of Pope's guys, and it turned out to be TOM MASON, Historical Badass.

(I really love this series...)

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2013, 09:38 PM   #302
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

^^ I loved Tom's line to Pope about him sailing back in: "You could have shot me and nobody would have ever known." So Charleston's costal defense apparently consists of a couple of biker guys, and when they leave their post to check something out NOBODY mans their post, and there is no other watch post that can see the same area.
Old July 29 2013, 10:23 PM   #303
Shawnster
Fleet Captain

Coming by boat makes sense and is faster than walking. I'm glad they thought of that solution.

Cochise can regenerate - how convenient.

I know it's a show and some allowances need to be made for the sake of the plot. Just seems a lil laughable that the fate of the entire world rests on this one group. Like there wouldn't be some hardened Russians or Taliban fighting in their corners of the globe?
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2013, 10:48 PM   #304
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

They're worried about space invaders, not pirates.

It would be a funny twist if they completely fail in their attempts to bring down the shield and then somebody in Russia manages to do it. Of course, that will never happen, because the heroes of the show have to win. And ass far as we know there are only one group of aliens helping out and they are in Charleston.

As I said, this is the equivalent of an Irwin Allen show, so I just sit back and enjoy.

I feel bad about Lourdes, though.
Old July 29 2013, 11:12 PM   #305
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Me too. Once she's a goody good again, she's not going to be half as hot.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2013, 06:40 AM   #306
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Shawnster wrote: View Post
Coming by boat makes sense and is faster than walking. I'm glad they thought of that solution.

Cochise can regenerate - how convenient.

I know it's a show and some allowances need to be made for the sake of the plot. Just seems a lil laughable that the fate of the entire world rests on this one group. Like there wouldn't be some hardened Russians or Taliban fighting in their corners of the globe?
Because our area is the only one that had the big gun blown up last finale, which is what lead the good aliens to come down and help.

And am I the only one that doesn't think that Anne is dead and it's all a tra to get them to attack Boston instead one of the other cities?

Last edited by bigdaddy; July 31 2013 at 04:48 AM.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 07:12 PM   #307
Cap'n Crunch
Captain

^ I definitely don't think Anne & the baby are dead. As for whether it's a trick to get them to attack Boston, I'm not sure, but the thought did cross my mind.
Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that. - John Marston, Red Dead Redemption
Cap'n Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2013, 10:17 PM   #308
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

No, there's no way Anne and the baby are dead.

It did occur to me that it might have been a trick to get them to attack Boston, but that would be pretty stupid even for these aliens. For one thing, they had no idea how long it would take Tom to get back to Charleston; second, they should have assumed that he would not believe that Anne and the baby are dead, but probably in suspended animation, and would not have wanted to take the chance (although the show did depict him as doing the opposite); and third, they had a plan in place to render the weapon unusable.
Old August 1 2013, 01:05 AM   #309
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Yes but that's if you use human logic and not alien human logic.

To me the writing seems to go "Hey look the aliens have a plan, it's kind of stupid, but whatever, we just say it's an alien plan".

If they don't have the actress who plays Ann come back that would be really stupid way to kill off a character. Probably the dumbest way since Tarsha Yar.
Old August 1 2013, 04:18 AM   #310
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I did find it amusing when Tom jauntily arrived in his sailboat. It was just a little too casual. These aliens are pretty lousy at tying up loose ends after conquering.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2013, 07:14 AM   #311
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Really? There are no AquaMechs?

Do Skitters seem like good swimmers?

Sure the ships can take out boats, but people are basically safe on Islands, unless the ships can deploy mechs.

America may have fallen, but there's a chance that small tinpot nations like Cuba haven't been touched.

Old August 1 2013, 07:21 AM   #312
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I'm sure they needed to build a tower there to keep the shields up. But what about the stomach bugs from a random episode last year? Would have made sense to just deploy some of them into the city being the security in the city is only stomaching mechs from coming in. Everything else seems to come and go as they please.

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I did find it amusing when Tom jauntily arrived in his sailboat. It was just a little too casual. These aliens are pretty lousy at tying up loose ends after conquering.
They said in one episode last year that if we just stayed out of their way that we could have the planet back after they were done. Obviously they were lying but they invaded the planet, killed billions and just can't figure out how to kill the others? I understand it's a show and everything, but you think they would have some droids for the day just flying around and shooting anything that moves.
Old August 1 2013, 01:45 PM   #313
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The shields are going to kill everyone. Why go to extraordinary resumes when it's all moot?

I just wonder when the producers figured out that the towers made a shield that would kill all life on Earth? Start of season one, start of season two, start of seaons 3 or a week before they told us?

Old August 1 2013, 04:38 PM   #314
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
The shields are going to kill everyone. Why go to extraordinary resumes when it's all moot?

I just wonder when the producers figured out that the towers made a shield that would kill all life on Earth? Start of season one, start of season two, start of seaons 3 or a week before they told us?
It wasn't season 1. The guy running the show left or was fired and then the current guy came in for seasons 2-3. I think they realized they probably should do something with the towers besides being command centers.

I'd say it would a week before they filmed the episode.
Old August 1 2013, 04:40 PM   #315
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

And again I ask all you detractors: If it's that stupid, why the fuck are you still watching it?

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote