Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 29 2013, 08:22 PM   #496
sojourner
Admiral

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

That's your problem with Highlander II??
Old July 29 2013, 08:34 PM   #497
kirk55555
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
That's your problem with Highlander II??

No, its a problem, but pretty insignificant compared to all the others. I was just remined of it when think about Katana not owning a Katana.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2013, 08:35 AM   #498
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I went back in the thread to see if it'd already been posted, but I don't think it has...but this was from SDCC. Very interesting read.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=46921

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2013, 12:42 PM   #499
Mr Light
Admiral

I've never even heard of Humpty Dumpty before...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2013, 01:36 PM   #500
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I've never even heard of Humpty Dumpty before...
I was thinking he was on the old Adam West show but then I realized I was thinking of Egghead.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 05:18 PM   #501
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Pretty rote story today, elevated slightly with the cute story with Katana. Decent action though.

Had to laugh when Batman lamented the "traffic" when the baddies were following him since as pointed out before there's never any traffic in Gotham.

Really didn't like the silly home protection system, especially as it didn't even serve any purpose, didn't affect the story at all except for making Batman's return entrance more ludicrous.

Bit of a dud...
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 06:11 PM   #502
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Was Silver Monkey disguised as Phil Coulson at Wayne manor?
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 06:52 PM   #503
kirk55555
Commodore

This episode was pretty weak. The doctor was beyond obnoxious, and made an average story almost unbearable. Silver Monkey was the most generic villain yet, and Lady Shiva running the League of Assassins was almost infuriating. Unless Lady Shiva is a codename for Talia Al'Ghul in this universe, they've just taken a villainess and put her in a role already filled by perfectly acceptable villains. Are they that desperate to not use the better known Batman villains that they'd give Shiva Ra's group of assassins just so they don't have to show him and Talia? I know she had connections to the League in the old DC comics (part of which lead to the birth of one of my favorite DC characters, Cassandra Cain) but she was never the leader. Its like if they brought in the Metal Men but made them the creations of Professor Ivo, just because Doc Magnus would be too obvious. This is the first episode of bTB that I probably wouldn't watch again. The doctor wasted a lot of time being obnoxious, Silver Monkey was an extremely generic ninja type villain, and it was just overall a very weak episode.
Old August 3 2013, 07:02 PM   #504
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

The doctor was Jason Burr. who in DC Comics was the twin brother of Jeffery Burr aka Naja-naja the leader of the Kobra Cult.
Old August 3 2013, 07:23 PM   #505
kirk55555
Commodore

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
The doctor was Jason Burr. who in DC Comics was the twin brother of Jeffery Burr aka Naja-naja the leader of the Kobra Cult.
I'm assuming the Beware the batman people just googles "obscure DC characters" before they started making the show. At this point, I'm going to get convinced that every single background character was a minor character in the DC universe. Maybe the two guards that Silver Monkey knocked out near the gate were from a one panel appearance in Young Romance #175 or another suitably obscure reference

Now I'm wondering if Burr was as annoying in the comics.
Old August 3 2013, 08:11 PM   #506
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
This episode was pretty weak. The doctor was beyond obnoxious, and made an average story almost unbearable. Silver Monkey was the most generic villain yet, and Lady Shiva running the League of Assassins was almost infuriating. Unless Lady Shiva is a codename for Talia Al'Ghul in this universe, they've just taken a villainess and put her in a role already filled by perfectly acceptable villains. Are they that desperate to not use the better known Batman villains that they'd give Shiva Ra's group of assassins just so they don't have to show him and Talia? I know she had connections to the League in the old DC comics (part of which lead to the birth of one of my favorite DC characters, Cassandra Cain) but she was never the leader. Its like if they brought in the Metal Men but made them the creations of Professor Ivo, just because Doc Magnus would be too obvious. This is the first episode of bTB that I probably wouldn't watch again. The doctor wasted a lot of time being obnoxious, Silver Monkey was an extremely generic ninja type villain, and it was just overall a very weak episode.
Ra's and Talia don't lead the League of Assassins, they delegate that task to others. Past leaders have been Doctor Darkk and the Sensei.
Old August 3 2013, 08:29 PM   #507
kirk55555
Commodore

Wikipedia says that Ra's and Talia have run it, and that Ra's actually battled The sensei for control, but regardless it still doesn't make sense for Lady Shiva to run it. If they're going for obscure, they could have atleast used an obscure character that actually lead the group. I'm surprised the writers didn't jump at the chance to use The sensei or Doctor Darrk. I honestly would have liked anyone but Shiva, who makes the least sense (she basically worked alone in the comics, being the leader of a group just doesn't seem very much like Shiva).
Old August 3 2013, 09:09 PM   #508
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Was Silver Monkey disguised as Phil Coulson at Wayne manor?
I thought the exact same thing.

Really enjoyed Katana in this one. I thought it was a little hypocritical that Batman got on her for killing when the previous week he knocked Anarky seemingly to his death and didn't look too bothered by it.

I found it amusing that the annoying doctor apparently slept with his jacket on.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2013, 10:44 PM   #509
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

"Great. Traffic"

A subtle joke at the CGI format's limitations with large crowds and cars?
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2013, 12:37 AM   #510
Christopher
Writer

I thought this one was very good. Dr. Burr got a little broad toward the end, but I really liked the character-building.

The only reason the security system didn't work was because Silver Monkey had already infiltrated the mansion as hired security. The goal was to keep people from getting in, but they'd already gotten in. And if you ask me, he was disguised as Agent Smith, not Coulson. Very Hugo Weaving-esque design there.

It sounds like this ion core or whatever they called it is going to be a recurring story element. Which makes more sense than having the bad guys only try for it once and then forget about it forevermore.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote