RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,147
Posts: 5,343,614
Members: 24,593
Currently online: 485
Newest member: AlishaLee

TrekToday headlines

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 25 2013, 01:34 PM   #31
MikeS
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Liverpool, UK
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

How did The Price survive so long and Who Watches The Watchers? so little! Gutted to have missed this one...
__________________
One day soon, man is going to be able to harness incredible energies, energies that could ultimately hurl us to other worlds in... some sort of spaceship.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2013, 02:13 PM   #32
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Well, I'm going to do it:

Best of Both Worlds

There are 2 reasons why I'm doing this. 1) I want to see what episode would win out with this episode out of the picture. 2) There are episodes in season 3 that have much more rewatchability than BOBW, even though it is one of the best cliffhangers ever.
Well I can understand your reason no. 1 - but no. 2? Seriously? And when you say "one of the best cliffhangers", which is/are better? I´m honestly interested, since I didn´t watch all of DS9 an VOY.
I would say BOBW might be the best cliffhanger in Trek, but I would actually rank Scorpion up there. The shock of seeing Species 8472 destroying an entire planet was extremely shocking, mainly because we found that one race that can beat the borg. I was so excited for part 2 and when that aired, it ended up making a great two parter.

As for episodes with more rewatchability, the shock value of BOBW kind of goes out the window after a few watches. I would watch episodes like Sarek and The Defector more than I would go back to BOBW mainly because the overall episode is just great.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2013, 02:29 PM   #33
Mario de Monti
Captain
 
Mario de Monti's Avatar
 
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I would say BOBW might be the best cliffhanger in Trek, but I would actually rank Scorpion up there. The shock of seeing Species 8472 destroying an entire planet was extremely shocking, mainly because we found that one race that can beat the borg. I was so excited for part 2 and when that aired, it ended up making a great two parter.

As for episodes with more rewatchability, the shock value of BOBW kind of goes out the window after a few watches. I would watch episodes like Sarek and The Defector more than I would go back to BOBW mainly because the overall episode is just great.
Okay, thanks. I haven´t seen a lot of Voyager as I said, so I guess I missed something after all

As to BOBW, I never get tired of it and can always re-live that cliffhanger moment.
__________________
"Do you give me attitude, Spock?" - "I´m expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously, Sir. To which are you referring?"
Mario de Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2013, 06:02 PM   #34
BlueStuff
Rear Admiral
 
Location: 英國
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

CmndrSela_318 wrote: View Post
I removed The Survivors cause it's my 2nd least favorite and like I said when I removed it "That episode gives me nightmares about getting a song stuck in my head."
I removed Yesterday's Enterprise for the reason I gave "my least favorite episode of season 3." Plus I felt like Yesterday's Enterprise might be one of the final 3 standing if I didn't remove it.
tomalak301 removed the second one I thought might make it to the final 3.
Now I'm gonna remove the last one I think might make it to the final 3.
I hereby remove...wait for it...SAREK.
Now let's see who the final 3 end up being.

The Ensigns of Command
The Enemy
The Defector
Deja Q
The Offspring
Sins of the Father
Hollow Pursuits
I don't mean to be a party-pooper but you're not really allowed to remove episodes just because you want to prevent them from doing well. That's tactical voting. Do you actually dislike these episodes? If so, that's fine, but don't take them out just to make things interesting. Something to keep in mind for the future.
BlueStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2013, 07:21 PM   #35
CmndrSela318
Doctor Who Fan Number 318. [Commander]
 
CmndrSela318's Avatar
 
Location: In the TARDIS with Clara, the Matt Smith doctor, the David Tennant doctor and the John Hurt doctor.
View CmndrSela318's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

I really do dislike The Defector. I find it boring.
__________________
Doctor Who Episode: GIRL IN THE FIREPLACE
You're Mr. Thick Thick Thicketty Thick-face
from Thick-town, Thickania.
And so is your dad.
CmndrSela318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2013, 08:08 PM   #36
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

CmndrSela_318 wrote: View Post
I really do dislike The Defector. I find it boring.
I'm beginning to think you're actually Sela, and you're deleting any episode that shows Romulans in a negative light.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2013, 11:53 PM   #37
SJSharksfan39
Admiral
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Location: Clone Club
View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I would say BOBW might be the best cliffhanger in Trek, but I would actually rank Scorpion up there. The shock of seeing Species 8472 destroying an entire planet was extremely shocking, mainly because we found that one race that can beat the borg. I was so excited for part 2 and when that aired, it ended up making a great two parter.

As for episodes with more rewatchability, the shock value of BOBW kind of goes out the window after a few watches. I would watch episodes like Sarek and The Defector more than I would go back to BOBW mainly because the overall episode is just great.
Okay, thanks. I haven´t seen a lot of Voyager as I said, so I guess I missed something after all

As to BOBW, I never get tired of it and can always re-live that cliffhanger moment.
Well, Voyager gets a lot of criticism, but I would really recommend Scorpion. I don't think it gets as much love as other season finales/premieres, but it's probably in my top 5 favorite episodes of the series, and the season finale is my favorite of the 7 finales. Plus, part 2 introduced 7 of 9 and who didn't like that.
__________________
Twitter
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2013, 01:49 PM   #38
Mojochi
Commodore
 
Mojochi's Avatar
 
Re: The least disliked episode of TNG - Season Three

BlueStuff wrote: View Post
I don't mean to be a party-pooper but you're not really allowed to remove episodes just because you want to prevent them from doing well. That's tactical voting.
Yeah, I feel like there's some of that going on, voting down something because it's often celebrated, & wanting to exempt it from competing legitimately
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.