Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old July 20 2013, 09:30 AM   #31
Mario de Monti
Captain

Re: Helen Noel as a Regular

ZapBrannigan wrote: View Post
If we're still talking about Helen Noel, as far as we know Kirk never got her into the sack. She just planted a false memory in his mind using the Neural Neutralizer.
True, Kirk wasn´t in love with her before the planted memory (which she didn´t do, BTW, but Dr. What´s-His-Name ). But then again, we don´t know what happened at the christmas party Helen Noel is referring to. Judging by her smile and Kirk´s somewhat embarrassed reaction, they may well have ... you know
Old July 20 2013, 10:06 AM   #32
Metryq
Captain

Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
Judging by her smile and Kirk´s somewhat embarrassed reaction, they may well have ... you know
Docked?
Old July 21 2013, 12:40 AM   #33
ZapBrannigan
Captain

True, Kirk wasn´t in love with her before the planted memory (which she didn´t do, BTW, but Dr. What´s-His-Name ). But then again, we don´t know what happened at the christmas party Helen Noel is referring to. Judging by her smile and Kirk´s somewhat embarrassed reaction, they may well have ... you know
Don't you remember? Helen had Kirk in the chair and she said that they had in fact danced and talked at the Christmas party. Then she said, "I suggest now that it happened in a different way." And she created a new memory of them going back to his quarters.
ZapBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2013, 12:01 PM   #34
Mario de Monti
Captain

Metryq wrote: View Post
Judging by her smile and Kirk´s somewhat embarrassed reaction, they may well have ... you know
Docked?

ZapBrannigan wrote: View Post
Don't you remember? Helen had Kirk in the chair and she said that they had in fact danced and talked at the Christmas party. Then she said, "I suggest now that it happened in a different way." And she created a new memory of them going back to his quarters.
Well I guess it´s my turn now to be embarrassed. I honestly remembered only that she planted the hunger in his mind. But now that you say it, I remember how the scene continued. Thanks
Old July 21 2013, 07:51 PM   #35
blueshirt
Lieutenant Commander

Another option is that she could have appeared once a year or so when they had a fitting script that needed a strong guest star, like they did with Harry Mudd.

Helen Noel would have been perfect for the Ann Mulhall role in "Return to Tomorrow."
Noel also could have been the "Mirror, Mirror" captain's woman.

Perhaps the Mira Romaine role in "The Lights of Zetar" could have been made to fit her, though you couldn't have Scotty fawning over her.
blueshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 10:23 PM   #36
foxhot
Fleet Captain

Probably not...since Scotty admitted he's only attratcted to ''the sanest'' and ''the smartest'' women. Not your everyday come-on line....
Old July 23 2013, 03:20 AM   #37
ZapBrannigan
Captain

foxhot wrote: View Post
Probably not...since Scotty admitted he's only attratcted to ''the sanest'' and ''the smartest'' women. Not your everyday come-on line....
Yeah, that was an odd way to compliment a woman, because it implies that women as a rule are crazy and stupid.
Old July 25 2013, 04:59 AM   #38
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Pauln6 wrote: View Post
Maurice wrote: View Post
Pauln6 wrote: View Post
Rand definitely had more chemistry with Sulu but she was more like his fag hag.
Was that language really necessary? And you're conflating the actor with the character re Sulu.
I'm a fag and I've had plenty of hags over the years.
Just because you might not find it objectionable doesn't mean all gay people on here are of like mind.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2013, 06:24 AM   #39
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Gay or not, let's *not* use the term. It's a slur and I don't like seeing it anymore than I would like seeing the "n" word, either with the "er" ending or with the "a" ending.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2013, 02:26 AM   #40
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile

Look I don't think we need yet another crew-woman in Star Trek infatuated with Kirk.
If they played it in the episode that Noel was not really interested in Kirk it would be different. If she had just made up the story of Kirk being in love with her for her own amusement then she might have made a reasonable addition to the crew.

Although if she were a regular a visit to the quartermaster would have been needed to get her a proper fitting uniform.
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2013, 03:02 AM   #41
ZapBrannigan
Captain

CommishSleer wrote: View Post
Although if she were a regular a visit to the quartermaster would have been needed to get her a proper fitting uniform.
I don't know what you mean.