Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old July 21 2013, 05:15 PM   #391
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Opus wrote: View Post
What?! Some people are looking forward to hating the next film.
Ain't it awesome?
Old July 21 2013, 06:03 PM   #392
Killerprise
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Killerprise wrote: View Post
I hope the third movie never comes to fruition, they've don't enough to screw up Trek. Into Darkness was hugely better than the first movie though.
I don't think you'll get that wish.
Who knows, they could squeeze out one more movie before abrams moves on to Star Wars. I remember when Star Trek was so successful that it held the #1 spot for weeks at a time, now it gets #1 during a weekend that no other big budget movie comes out on then promptly loses that spot the following week. It isn't what it used to be.
Killerprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2013, 06:08 PM   #393
The Keeper
Commodore

Are anti-Abramstreksters getting worn out already? They argued against ST09 nearly right up to the time STID released but have fallen quiet after only 3 months since ID release?

On topic, it'll be Doomsday Machine re-imagined. I cannot see this team passing up the opportunity to bring a hugh 'ship' capable of digesting planets to life. Imagine the drama of it being on course for New Vulcan!

Last edited by The Keeper; July 21 2013 at 06:19 PM.
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2013, 06:26 PM   #394
BillJ
Admiral

I hope the third movie never comes to fruition, they've don't enough to screw up Trek. Into Darkness was hugely better than the first movie though.
Who knows, they could squeeze out one more movie before abrams moves on to Star Wars. I remember when Star Trek was so successful that it held the #1 spot for weeks at a time, now it gets #1 during a weekend that no other big budget movie comes out on then promptly loses that spot the following week. It isn't what it used to be.
You do realize that Star Trek Into Darkness has made more money than any other Trek movie? Even adjusted for inflation.

I imagine Paramount will be more than happy to let Bad Robot continue to produce Star Trek movies.
Old July 21 2013, 07:31 PM   #395
Mage
Commodore

BillJ wrote: View Post
You do realize that Star Trek Into Darkness has made more money than any other Trek movie? Even adjusted for inflation.

I imagine Paramount will be more than happy to let Bad Robot continue to produce Star Trek movies.
No, he doesn't realize. You should check his other posts. Really, all he does is make sure everyone knows he hates ST09 and STID.
Old July 22 2013, 12:19 AM   #396
CorporalClegg
Admiral

What the fuck are you talking about?
Old July 22 2013, 12:49 AM   #397
Opus
Commodore

I remember when Star Trek was so successful that it held the #1 spot for weeks at a time, now it gets #1 during a weekend that no other big budget movie comes out on then promptly loses that spot the following week. It isn't what it used to be.
A lot of things aren't what they used to be - the economy, people's theater habits, the price of... everything.

And how people remember how things "used to be" ain't how things typically were. I seem to recall NEM not even making it to No. 1 its opening weekend. Lost to that major blockbuster - Maid in Manhattan.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 03:15 AM   #398
BillJ
Admiral

I remember when Star Trek was so successful that it held the #1 spot for weeks at a time, now it gets #1 during a weekend that no other big budget movie comes out on then promptly loses that spot the following week. It isn't what it used to be.
A lot of things aren't what they used to be - the economy, people's theater habits, the price of... everything.

And how people remember how things "used to be" ain't how things typically were. I seem to recall NEM not even making it to No. 1 its opening weekend. Lost to that major blockbuster - Maid in Manhattan.
According to BoxOffice Mojo only two Trek movies spent more than one weekend at number 1. The Motion Picture (3 weeks) and The Voyage Home (2 weeks).
Old July 22 2013, 04:18 AM   #399
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

According to BoxOffice Mojo only two Trek movies spent more than one weekend at number 1. The Motion Picture (3 weeks) and The Voyage Home (2 weeks).
Rose colored glasses and tunnel vision are a hell of a combination.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 07:17 AM   #400
Cyrus
Rear Admiral

TMP was number 1 for at least the first 4 weeks of its release.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 08:30 AM   #401
serenitytrek1
Commander

But what happens when you take away the 3D and IMAX inflated prices?

In USA, STiD is overall the fifth most successful Trek film, I am guessing it will be much lower on the list if the movie was only in 2d.
serenitytrek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 08:34 AM   #402
Mage
Commodore

So, when talking about the third movie.... had anything been said about it during ComicCon??
Old July 22 2013, 09:19 AM   #403
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post

In USA, STiD is overall the fifth most successful Trek film, I am guessing it will be much lower on the list if the movie was only in 2d.
Then it's a good thing films get released all around the world, isn't it?
Old July 22 2013, 10:30 AM   #404
Belz...
Fleet Captain

serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Why do people keep asking that ? Is it part of the money it made or not ?

The Onmyouza Theatre: an unofficial international fanclub dedicated to the Japanese heavy metal band Onmyo-Za.
Belz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 01:54 PM   #405
BillJ
Admiral

Cyrus wrote: View Post
TMP was number 1 for at least the first 4 weeks of its release.
BoxOffice Mojo only had the first three weeks of TMP listed, so you may well be right. But the point stands that only two Trek films spent multiple weeks at number one.