RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,408
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 529
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 29 2013, 07:07 PM   #616
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Just a thing that occured to me..

Boy, the writers really did bring Ted low this season. There's jus been so much dark for him and he really got desperate and sad that at times i really felt sorry for him.

As much quality the show lost during the years i'm really excited to see the final season and everything unfold for the better for Ted. Everyone else got happy and their wishes fulfilled and it's really time for Ted to get happy for the rest of his life.
Old May 31 2013, 07:20 AM   #617
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

This is a really dumb question... but a cursory Google search hasn't really done much for me here...

Does anyone remember if Ted and the gang ever went to the opera, or to the theater to see a play or musical in the past eight seasons?

I feel like I remember something like this happening, but I just can't seem to pinpoint it. Would love some help clarifying.

Thank you in advance!
Old May 31 2013, 07:35 AM   #618
ITL
Vice Admiral

I can only remember the one time back in season 2, when they went to see Lily in an off-off-off-off Broadway play followed by Barney putting on a one man show followed by Marshall slapping the bejesus out of him (That's two!).

There may be others. Not sure.
Old May 31 2013, 07:38 AM   #619
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

^Yeah, I remember that one. Part of me feels like there's an episode with the whole gang in the theater, despertely trying to stay awake during the show because its important to one of them. But I could also be imaginging it/mixing it up with another sitcom. But I feel like in eight seasons, there HAS to have been an episode where they go to a Broadway show, or see a play or something of that nature...
Old May 31 2013, 10:12 AM   #620
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
^Yeah, I remember that one. Part of me feels like there's an episode with the whole gang in the theater, despertely trying to stay awake during the show because its important to one of them. But I could also be imaginging it/mixing it up with another sitcom. But I feel like in eight seasons, there HAS to have been an episode where they go to a Broadway show, or see a play or something of that nature...
Friends had several scenes like that, mostly with them watching Joey in some horrible play.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 11:39 AM   #621
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

That's exactly the episode already mentioned. Lily forces everyone to attend her bad play and Barney takes revenge by inventing his own, even worse play, and has the sit through it.
Old May 31 2013, 02:33 PM   #622
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy

Nope, they've never been to a play where one of them isn't in it (the aforementioned Lily/Barney ep).

It's such a common sit-com trope that I'm sure you're remembering Seinfeld or Friends or some other show doing it.

Old May 31 2013, 08:52 PM   #623
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm 100% positive Cheers did it too. Which is fine, it just doesn't help me at the moment. Oh well. Thanks everyone for your help/input! Much appreciated
Old May 31 2013, 09:32 PM   #624
ITL
Vice Admiral

Thought of another one from season 7 - there was a short scene where Marshall and Lily went to a play called Just Screaming.
Old July 21 2013, 04:38 PM   #625
Racer_X
Commander

There was a HIMYM Comic-Con panel yesterday, where this funny video was presented (No spoilers):

HIMYM Comic Con Video

But if you do want to read spoilers, or see the video unbleeped, you can go over to TV Guide.
Racer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 12:12 AM   #626
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Racer_X wrote: View Post
There was a HIMYM Comic-Con panel yesterday, where this funny video was presented (No spoilers):

HIMYM Comic Con Video
Ha! That was awesome. They make a good point too.

But if you do want to read spoilers, or see the video unbleeped, you can go over to TV Guide.
There is no unbleeped video at the link. Just the bleeped one.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 01:47 AM   #627
Racer_X
Commander

Ha, that's funny; it was definitely unbleeped last night.
Racer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2013, 04:31 AM   #628
Mr Light
Admiral

That all sounds awesome... except for the entire season being based around the wedding. That sounds like that's going to get old fast. Even if it's just the framing device. But every episode?!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2013, 01:07 AM   #629
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile

That video was great. Very neccesary at this point. I hope they make a big deal in the advertising that this is the final season. I want this to be amazing and leave me sad and wanting more.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote