New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 18 2013, 08:53 PM   #91
4Cardassia
Ensign

Re: Endgame was awesome!

Thank you for your thoughts, Vulcan Logician. I'd be very interested to read your opinion of "Endgame" compared to the finales of other Star Trek series.
4Cardassia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2013, 10:08 PM   #92
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

Well I have to admit that I am partial to endgame. In general I liked the way they got home. I even got goosebumps when voyager flew towards the assembled fleet. And the look on Admiral Paris' face. Priceless.

I would have liked some things to be different...I would have loved a longer homecoming. I didnt like how they ended it so quickly. Showing how the main characters reunite with their families, even if they would have just shown glimpses, would have been amazing.

And as a jetcer I would have loved to see them end up together. It didnt have to be like a huge love confession or something like that. I would have been satisfied with them just secretly holding hands and/or a hug with maybe a promising line from janeway maybe picking up the ancient legend...idk. Something like that.

A major facepalm moment was the whole C/7...errr....thing. I do like Seven tho, dont get me wrong but did not nor will I ever see any chemistry between them.

But since they got home I did get some closure at last.
And as for the things I thought were missing in endgame, I just pretend that the books following the finale are "real" lol
Katie O'Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2013, 10:41 PM   #93
Captain Kathryn
Fleet Captain

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

Katie O'Clare wrote: View Post
Well I have to admit that I am partial to endgame. In general I liked the way they got home. I even got goosebumps when voyager flew towards the assembled fleet. And the look on Admiral Paris' face. Priceless.

I would have liked some things to be different...I would have loved a longer homecoming. I didnt like how they ended it so quickly. Showing how the main characters reunite with their families, even if they would have just shown glimpses, would have been amazing.

And as a jetcer I would have loved to see them end up together. It didnt have to be like a huge love confession or something like that. I would have been satisfied with them just secretly holding hands and/or a hug with maybe a promising line from janeway maybe picking up the ancient legend...idk. Something like that.

A major facepalm moment was the whole C/7...errr....thing. I do like Seven tho, dont get me wrong but did not nor will I ever see any chemistry between them.

And as for the things I thought were missing in endgame, I just pretend that the books following the finale are "real" lol
If you like J/C, as do I, read the novels! (Edit: just saw you wrote that you have read them! Oops). There is good fanfiction for J/C too, if you can find it. You can usually weed through a lot of the junk and find some pretty fantastic ones.

I love Seven, she's in my Top 3 characters, but C/7 makes me cringe as well.

I've already complained enough on these boards about C/7 though. I need to let it go.
Old July 18 2013, 11:09 PM   #94
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

Yea, Im such a sucker for J / C fanfics. There are quite a few good ones out there. One of these days I'll read the fanfic thread. I hope there are still some j/c fanfics left, I havent read yet...lol

Let it go? NEVER!!!! Its just too much fun.
Old July 18 2013, 11:19 PM   #95
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

With the exception of the unimaginably awful C/7 stuff, I very much enjoyed "Endgame"
Old July 21 2013, 07:55 AM   #96
Vulcan Logician
Lieutenant Commander

Melakon wrote: View Post
The best part of Endgame was when it was all over, Harry was still an ensign.
Isn't that a slap in the face? Paris defies orders and later get his rank restored while poor ol' Kim can't make Liutenant to save his life. I think Voyager is a clique.
Old July 21 2013, 09:06 AM   #97
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Harry had his chance to show his stiff in "Nightingale". Light up the galaxy with his command skills, he did not.
Old July 21 2013, 09:32 AM   #98
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

He broke the treaty of Algernon and the Prime Directive in Nightingale

A more alert captain would have busted him down to the enlisted ranks.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21 2013, 10:58 AM   #99
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

But janeway liked him too much do demote him to err....what...crewman?
Old July 21 2013, 12:58 PM   #100
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...ioned_officers

Able Crewman 3rd Class, Able Crewman 2nd Class, Able Crewman 1st Class, Petty Officer, Chief Petty Officer, Master Chief Petty officer... And so on.

Berman didn't give a shit, but it's nice when O'Brien used to say "Don't call me sir! I work for a living!"

In the modern military the ratio of enlisted personal to officers is 9:1, automation in the future has probably reduced that one sidedness of that division.

Old July 23 2013, 06:36 PM   #101
KaraBear
Captain

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

I don't believe he was acting as a Starfleet office in that case. He was just getting them to their destination. Prime directive wouldnt really apply
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 07:28 PM   #102
Melakon
Rear Admiral

Harry would have made an ideal Permanent Latrine Orderly (PLO), as was done to Will Stockdale in "No Time for Sergeants". Though I suddenly realize PLO could stand for Palestine Liberation Organization, which didn't exist until some years after "Sergeants".
Old July 23 2013, 08:25 PM   #103
KaraBear
Captain

Katie O'Clare wrote: View Post

the C/7 thing did seem like it came out of nowhere. Especially considering two episodes before they were trapped on that planet and barely spoke to each other. But they were only on their second date...but then again they did speak as if they were deeply in love. But I do understand why he would go for her. Janeway made it very clear that she wouldn't be romantic with ANYONE under her command. So he did the healthy thing and moved on. Seven was the only other female he really had any interactions with, since she was a member of the senior staff. The biggest disservice to the pairing was the lack of chemistry between the actors
KaraBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2013, 09:12 PM   #104
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

Right...no chemistry whatsoever....unlike KM and RB SOOOO much chemistry...
It was all waaayy to sudden...I might have grown..uhm...accustomed to it if they would have given us any warning...like 1 season ahead...I might have been able to accept it...maybe...possibly not....but still..

One thing I also liked about Endgame was that they ended it with exactly the same line they ended Caretaker with: "Set a course, for home!" EPIC!
Old July 23 2013, 11:29 PM   #105
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

KaraBear wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

I don't believe he was acting as a Starfleet office in that case. He was just getting them to their destination. Prime directive wouldnt really apply
He's always a Starfleet officer. Getting these folks home seemed okay. Then it turned out that they were "gunrunners" trying to bust through a blockade and reverse the direction of a wars all but immediately foregone conclusion.

Cloaks aren't weapons!

Bullshit, if I was invisible I could do anything to you and you could't stop me. Invisibility is a gamechanger, and Invisibility with a gun is a winning hand.

Starfleet's non interference policy (which may or may not be the prime directive) says that they cannot get involved in a war they don't already have a horse in.

Harry didn't just get involved a little, he delivered weapons that would prolong the war for YEARS leading to the deaths of further billions until the planet belonging to the other lot is about to fall to the oppression of an unstoppable invisible enemy.

How is that not altering the balance of power?

Those actions undertook by Ensign Kim would also make him responsible for several War crimes as yet uncommitted, and as I said earlier lead to a censure from the Romulans asking why Harry was fiddling with illegal technology he was not allowed to touch or acknowledge the existence of?